🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Conservatives Attack Overtime Pay In Texas

BTW...........The Judiciary is a check and balance on the executive branch.

Seems the Founders were a very smart bunch.............Pen and phone fails again.

Wait a minute..................I thought Trump said he was going to bring back jobs and better paying jobs would be had for everyone.

Sounds like he's already in the pockets of big business and the rich, because those are the only ones who will benefit.

Trump didn't set this up. I heard about this a long time ago. Long before he even declared he was running. But, that's okay, you just keep running with it.

Trump didn't set this up. I heard about this a long time ago. Long before he even declared he was running. But, that's okay, you just keep running with it.
Who said Drumpf set it up? I said conservatives are attacking the workers. Drumpf will just be the one that gives the thumbs down and thats why the court is stalling.

So the attacks begin for big business on their workers. I wonder how many of the effected workers are rube supporters of Drumpf?

Texas judge's overtime ruling: Millions may now lose eligibility for overtime pay

and they will be glad he did....

How Obama’s New Overtime Regulations Will Make It Harder for Americans to Balance Work and Family

The Obama administration touts its new overtime regulations as a way to boost pay. Sadly, they will not have this effect. Economists have thoroughly studied how employers react to overtime laws. They find that employers inevitably cut base wages to offset the extra costs such laws impose.

Price-Fixing for Workers Research shows that employers and employees care deeply about total number of hours worked and total pay. They care much less about pay for individual hours. When the government requires overtime, employers do not pay more for the same work.

They pay overtime and cut base pay by an equivalent amount — leaving the total employment package unchanged.

This is exactly what happened when Japan’s courts recently expanded overtime eligibility. Japanese businesses cut their employees’ pay by an amount equal to the expected overtime. Total earnings did not change.

Study after study comes to this conclusion. Even liberal economists agree. Jared Bernstein, the former chief economist to Vice President Joe Biden, recently wrote that the “costs of increased coverage would ultimately be borne by workers as employers set base wages taking expected overtime pay into account.”

While the overtime regulations will not raise total pay, they will force businesses to track the hours of salaried employees making less than $50,000 a year. Even if those employees do not work more than 40 hours a week, businesses still have to track their hours to prove it.

Read more at: How Obama’s New Overtime Regulations Will Make It Harder for Americans to Balance Work and Family

Who said Drumpf set it up? I said conservatives are attacking the workers. Drumpf will just be the one that gives the thumbs down and thats why the court is stalling.

I didn't quote you when I made that post.

Oh, so what really happened was Obama decided to interfere in private business affairs, and the businesses are telling the government to fuck off.

If employees don't like their pay, go find another job. If businesses want to treat their employees like shit, they can expect to get only lowlifes and the quality of work will diminish as will the company.

He used his magic pen, not congress

If you don't pay me = fuck you. I wouldn't work for nothing.
Matthew, this is America, no one is making you work except maybe your parents. Good lord, you're 30 years old. Don't you think it is time to get a job?

So the attacks begin for big business on their workers. I wonder how many of the effected workers are rube supporters of Drumpf?

Texas judge's overtime ruling: Millions may now lose eligibility for overtime pay

and they will be glad he did....

How Obama’s New Overtime Regulations Will Make It Harder for Americans to Balance Work and Family

The Obama administration touts its new overtime regulations as a way to boost pay. Sadly, they will not have this effect. Economists have thoroughly studied how employers react to overtime laws. They find that employers inevitably cut base wages to offset the extra costs such laws impose.

Price-Fixing for Workers Research shows that employers and employees care deeply about total number of hours worked and total pay. They care much less about pay for individual hours. When the government requires overtime, employers do not pay more for the same work.

They pay overtime and cut base pay by an equivalent amount — leaving the total employment package unchanged.

This is exactly what happened when Japan’s courts recently expanded overtime eligibility. Japanese businesses cut their employees’ pay by an amount equal to the expected overtime. Total earnings did not change.

Study after study comes to this conclusion. Even liberal economists agree. Jared Bernstein, the former chief economist to Vice President Joe Biden, recently wrote that the “costs of increased coverage would ultimately be borne by workers as employers set base wages taking expected overtime pay into account.”

While the overtime regulations will not raise total pay, they will force businesses to track the hours of salaried employees making less than $50,000 a year. Even if those employees do not work more than 40 hours a week, businesses still have to track their hours to prove it.

Read more at: How Obama’s New Overtime Regulations Will Make It Harder for Americans to Balance Work and Family
That link is trying to prove a point by thinking if they say it then it must be true. I have had massive flexibility as an hourly employee and so have many others. Whats different about requiring overtime be paid for more than 40 hours? Nothing except money. If you are a good employee you will get flexibility regardless. Try again.

You know, I'm more than happy to work for regular wages for the first 40 hours, but if you're gonna make me work over that, it's gotta be time and a half.

You know, I'm more than happy to work for regular wages for the first 40 hours, but if you're gonna make me work over that, it's gotta be time and a half.
Obviously you wont be as productive according to 2aguy so I wont let you go pick up your dry cleaning at 2pm and then come back and finish out the day.

Read the court ruling link.

Obama issued a MEMORANDUM to make the change to executive offices to make the change AND NOT CONGRESS.

It is another example of Obama has a pen and a phone running the WH. He has NO AUTHORITY to create NEW LAWS that don't come through Congress which he tried over and over again.

This is another example of him trying to change laws without the Authority of Congress and changing CFR's without passing NEW LAWS.......This is not how the Republic is supposed to work and it got him again.

Hey I'm glad, he knew the Pubs would not be ok it, they want to change full time to 40 hours in the ACA as well. I think all salary employees who voted for Trump should work 60 or 70 hours a week for their salary. Will serve them right. The elites do not want to pay workers, that is what it boils down to and they sure don't want to pay bennies.
the salaried people i worked with did work 60-70 hours a week,but they got some nice bonuses at the end of the year....

Read the court ruling link.

Obama issued a MEMORANDUM to make the change to executive offices to make the change AND NOT CONGRESS.

It is another example of Obama has a pen and a phone running the WH. He has NO AUTHORITY to create NEW LAWS that don't come through Congress which he tried over and over again.

This is another example of him trying to change laws without the Authority of Congress and changing CFR's without passing NEW LAWS.......This is not how the Republic is supposed to work and it got him again.

Hey I'm glad, he knew the Pubs would not be ok it, they want to change full time to 40 hours in the ACA as well. I think all salary employees who voted for Trump should work 60 or 70 hours a week for their salary. Will serve them right. The elites do not want to pay workers, that is what it boils down to and they sure don't want to pay bennies.
Under a Republic...........you want a new law........

Do it through Fing Congress or STFU.

Cant because we work for Congress now, not vice versa. they could careless about us, as long as they get our vote. We pay their wages, pensions and subsidize their health insurance and they slap us in the face. I take it you voted for Trump, well good luck with that.

Oh, so what really happened was Obama decided to interfere in private business affairs, and the businesses are telling the government to fuck off.

If employees don't like their pay, go find another job. If businesses want to treat their employees like shit, they can expect to get only lowlifes and the quality of work will diminish as will the company.
No. What happens is most if not all businesses will exploit their employees and the workers get rogered but good yet again.

Business' motivation is to make profit, not treat their employees well.
happy employees make a big difference with customer service.....

Forum List

Back