Conservatives cheering for Russia's naked aggresion

If Obama was smart (which he isn't), he would ask for the exact opposite thing that he needs. This way, the Republicans will do exactly what he needs done.

I agree with the premise of the OP. The Republicans' hatred for Obama is so blind these days that they will even work against the interests of our country as long as they can find a way to damage Obama in the process. They would rather hurt America than help Obama.

Once again...g5000 you're blaming the shortcomings of this President on an opposition party. Do most Republicans dislike Barack Obama? Yes, I think it's fair to say that they DO! One tends to dislike someone who constantly blames you for their screw-ups...something that Obama has been doing for over five years now.

Somehow Fast & Furious, Benghazi, the IRS investigation of conservative groups, a stagnant economy, an ObamaCare roll out debacle and millions more on Food Stamps is all the fault of the GOP? Now you can add the situation in the Ukraine to the situation in Iran and the situation in Syria...are THOSE the fault of the GOP as well?

It's amazing how much power and control a party that controls one small part of the government has...and how little power and responsibility Barack Obama has. What's also amazing is that you actually seem to buy that nonsense...

The wingnuts pine for Putin's iron fist, and admire him taking strong positions, even illegal.

But they hate it when a Democratic president even suggests using his authority, fully legal.

None of them will try to explain it. They can't!

No it's funny that the president of a country who has no problem killing kids with drones is telling threatening other countries over their actions.
"is telling threatening"? Wtf?

What are you trying to say, boy?

If Obama was smart (which he isn't), he would ask for the exact opposite thing that he needs. This way, the Republicans will do exactly what he needs done.

I agree with the premise of the OP. The Republicans' hatred for Obama is so blind these days that they will even work against the interests of our country as long as they can find a way to damage Obama in the process. They would rather hurt America than help Obama.

Once again...g5000 you're blaming the shortcomings of this President on an opposition party. Do most Republicans dislike Barack Obama? Yes, I think it's fair to say that they DO! One tends to dislike someone who constantly blames you for their screw-ups...something that Obama has been doing for over five years now.

Somehow Fast & Furious, Benghazi, the IRS investigation of conservative groups, a stagnant economy, an ObamaCare roll out debacle and millions more on Food Stamps is all the fault of the GOP? Now you can add the situation in the Ukraine to the situation in Iran and the situation in Syria...are THOSE the fault of the GOP as well?

It's amazing how much power and control a party that controls one small part of the government has...and how little power and responsibility Barack Obama has. What's also amazing is that you actually seem to buy that nonsense...

g5000 is from the "Obama Good, Republicans Bad" school of "thought" so it's not surprising

Really?

Ask all the Iraqis who have had innocent family members and kids killed how much better shape they're in.
As opposed to Saddam's acid baths and starving people so he could build his palaces and military? Depends who you ask but you said nation.

Yeah OK we're killers of innocents but we have right on our side.

Do you even listen to the shit you say?

Face it we are THE most aggressive country on the planet and we delude ourselves that somehow it's OK while we threaten any other country that does exactly what we do.

That last statement is so incredibly absurd it's laughable. We're actually one of the LEAST aggressive super powers the world has ever seen! The litmus test has always been what a nation DOES with it's superiority. Does it seek to expand and conquer when it has the whip hand? Take what the Soviets did following WWII and then compare THAT to what we did. We rebuilt Japan and Germany to the point where they became our competitors. The Soviets took over nations like Rumania, Hungary and East Germany and imposed their will on them with military might.

Crimea is separate from Ukraine, physically:

3DcPJ5i.png

g5000 is from the "Obama Good, Republicans Bad" school of "thought" so it's not surprising
What school are you from, Frank?

As opposed to Saddam's acid baths and starving people so he could build his palaces and military? Depends who you ask but you said nation.

Face it we are THE most aggressive country on the planet and we delude ourselves that somehow it's OK while we threaten any other country that does exactly what we do.

It was war, dumbshit. In war people get killed. Show me a war where people didnt get killed.
Iceweasel is correct: we are the only country to leave other countries better off than when we got there. Iraq is better off. Japan is better off. Germany is better off. We go to war not to aggrandize ourselves but to help others.
You dont like America? Leave. Head to Iran. I hear they never invade other countries.

You're kidding right?

Iraq isn't better off.
Haiti isn't better off.
Chile wasn't better off under Pinochet.
Iran wasn't better off under the Shah.
Vietnam wasn't better off under Thieu.
Philippines weren't better off under Marcos.
Cuba wasn't better off under Batista.
Panama wasn't better off under Noriega.
Afghanistan wasn't better off under the Taliban.
I could go on..

In fact, Germany and Japan are basically outliers.

Indians? I dont know. But it's as relevant as Crimea being separated from the Ukraine. Crimea has been part of the Ukraine forever. The region voted for indepedence from the Soviet Union back in the 90s.

It was war, dumbshit. In war people get killed. Show me a war where people didnt get killed.
Iceweasel is correct: we are the only country to leave other countries better off than when we got there. Iraq is better off. Japan is better off. Germany is better off. We go to war not to aggrandize ourselves but to help others.
You dont like America? Leave. Head to Iran. I hear they never invade other countries.

You're kidding right?

Iraq isn't better off.
Haiti isn't better off.
Chile wasn't better off under Pinochet.
Iran wasn't better off under the Shah.
Vietnam wasn't better off under Thieu.
Philippines weren't better off under Marcos.
Cuba wasn't better off under Batista.
Panama wasn't better off under Noriega.
Afghanistan wasn't better off under the Taliban.
I could go on..

In fact, Germany and Japan are basically outliers.

Needless to say the opposite of what you write is the truth.

What school are you from, Frank?

Originally?

PS 14 in da Bronx

ps14schoolpic.jpg

Who would have thought one would see the day when the 'Conservatives' would be cheering for the naked aggression of Russia? It seems that if they think that it might in any way be a detriment to our President, they are for it. Even to the extent of cheering for the re-instatement of the old Russian and Soviet empire.

There is a name for this, and it is treason. To work against the interests of the United States and, indeed, the civilized world, is treason of the highest sort. These are the people that would have joined the Bund. An embarrassment to our nation, an embarrassment to humanity.

Remember this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyDOAmJYFFA&feature=player_detailpage]Harry Reid: Iraq War Is Lost - YouTube[/ame]

Harry was right too. You see the argument was over changing the "Stay the Course" Iraqi policy President Bush had. "Unless you change course in Iraq Mr. President the war is lost"

At least that's what history will remember, not the segmented clips seen/heard in the echo chamber.

Who would have thought one would see the day when the 'Conservatives' would be cheering for the naked aggression of Russia? It seems that if they think that it might in any way be a detriment to our President, they are for it. Even to the extent of cheering for the re-instatement of the old Russian and Soviet empire.

There is a name for this, and it is treason. To work against the interests of the United States and, indeed, the civilized world, is treason of the highest sort. These are the people that would have joined the Bund. An embarrassment to our nation, an embarrassment to humanity.

You people/your people mocked Conservatives during the recent Elections when they warned about Russia. Hardly think it is Conservatives cheering for Russia. Question is, will it be a case of Elections having Consequences or will there be a solid course correction?

Personally, i'm not cheering. It's none of our business. But to be fair, our own Nation has done much worse in recent years. Americans should really think a bit before hopping up on those High Horses to condemn. They should think about their own Nation's behavior. How many innocent women & children have Obama and his Drones brutally murdered this year alone? The U.S. just doesn't have much credibility left on issues of War.

Forum List

Back