🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Conservatives Have A Big Night In Local And State Elections

Woooo hooooooooooooo ! :banana:

Voters elected Republicans and rejected progressive ballot initiatives, including anti-discrimination and marijuana legalization measures.

Conservatives triumphed in high-profile local and statewide elections on Tuesday, with voters delivering big victories to Republican candidates and rejecting progressive ballot measures.

In the Kentucky governor's race, tea party favorite Matt Bevin (R) defied expectations and defeated state Attorney General Jack Conway (D), becoming the first Republican governor in more than 40 years. Bevin, a businessman, previously challenged Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) in a 2010 primary, but was trounced. This year's race was expected to be close, but Bevin's margin of victory was nearly 9 points.

MORE: Conservatives Have A Big Night In Local And State Elections
Republicans always win midterms and these off years because of low voter turnout. In my precinct they were only like 400 votes cast what I showed up around 6 o'clock at night. That's pathetic

Voters in suburban Denver recalled three conservative members of a school board who had worked to weaken the local teachers union, Lyndsey Layton reports.

Voters elected Republicans and rejected progressive ballot initiatives, including anti-discrimination and marijuana legalization measures.

Conservatives triumphed in high-profile local and statewide elections on Tuesday, with voters delivering big victories to Republican candidates and rejecting progressive ballot measures.

In the Kentucky governor's race, tea party favorite Matt Bevin (R) defied expectations and defeated state Attorney General Jack Conway (D), becoming the first Republican governor in more than 40 years. Bevin, a businessman, previously challenged Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) in a 2010 primary, but was trounced. This year's race was expected to be close, but Bevin's margin of victory was nearly 9 points.

Ky has always voted the GOP ticket, its only fitten they elect a red gov.
The governor's chair has been in Democrat hands more often than not. So this constitutes a big win.

Salt Lake City elected Utah’s first openly gay mayor and only the second female top executive in the capital city. (Salt Lake Tribune)

but: Turnout was VERY low across the country. Republicans could over interpret the results at their own peril. The presidential election, exactly one year way, will have dramatically larger and more diverse turnout, which works against the GOP. Serious structural problems persist: the Grand Old Party is still too white, too male and too old.

Republicans always win midterms and these off years because of low voter turnout. In my precinct they were only like 400 votes cast what I showed up around 6 o'clock at night. That's pathetic
That wasnt the case in '06 so you're wrong.
Again.

all red states should of proposed a law on their ballots whereas if a presidential candidate lies during a congress hearing,, he/she will not be on the ballot for the next election.

We always said that democrat voters were a lazy bunch I guess you confirm that appraisal.

That aside I am not sure of your logic. Why do you think a higher percentage of republicans show up just because it is an off year? In my neck of the words the democrats outnumber the republcians by such a margin that 1/2 the democrats not showing up would make little difference in the outcome. But you might be right in what you say.

It could be in national elections the cheating goes way up. Busing of voters and such and the dead rising. Other then that it is a BS reason to think just because turnout is low is why a person wins or loses. Democrats rejected democrats that is what happened.

I bet they were choking on those words as they typed them out over at the HUFFERpuffingpaint. I can just imagine it and I'm

they'll it blame on gerrymandering, or people stayed home, or

we tried to tell them the PEOPLE were sick of them.

VOTED OUT: San Francisco voters oust sheriff amid 'sanctuary city' furor

Embattled San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi convincingly lost his bid for re-election Tuesday after spending months in the national spotlight as the face of his city's controversial "sanctuary city" policy on illegal immigration.

Mirkarimi, 54, was defeated by Vicki Hennessy, a former sheriff's official who had the endorsement of San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee and the sheriff deputies association. With 42 percent of precincts reporting, Henessy had received 63 percent of the vote to 31 percent for Mirkarimi.

Mirkarimi and his office received heavy criticism after Mexican illegal immigrant Francisco Sanchez allegedly shot and killed 32-year-old Kate Steinle on San Francisco's waterfront July 1.

VOTED OUT: San Francisco voters oust sheriff amid 'sanctuary city' furor

Lets all call that a load of horseshit...

Everyone you mention is involved in the sanctuary city policy. This election was about something different but that would take time to research

Interesting. Both "major" parties are trying to out-crazy each other, so there should be some pretty fascinating results through 2016.

I really do hope some decent Independents decide to run.

It won't happen.

There were good reasons to vote against a constitutional amendment legaliIng pot

all red states should of proposed a law on their ballots whereas if a presidential candidate lies during a congress hearing,, he/she will not be on the ballot for the next election.

But that would mean the only GOP candidates would ones that didn't goto a congress hearing.

9099206436_6fc25c066a_o-150x150.jpg
1557569_10151912547563034_1669436242_n-70x70.jpg
carson-1-150x150.jpg
stock-video-5552450-gay-flag-waving-video-background-hd1080-150x150.jpg
GERGER-150x150.jpg
Screen-Shot-2015-11-02-at-11.55.15-AM-150x150.png
thumbnail
hgsthgrwsthwrt-150x150.jpg

Book 'Em Dano ..
Screen-Shot-2015-10-20-at-9.18.04-AM-150x150.png
1146363_528050c78e671.png

Can't say as I see much that worries me. Pretty typical off-year election.

Well, Donald Trump, whom you Libs have predicted would drop out time and again and Dr. Ben Carson, whom you Libs have attacked so often; are both leading Hillary in some polls. Bernie appears to be a total wash. I'd say there is plenty for you Libs to worry about.

Did anyone beside me note the snide comments made by the HuffPost contributor about those "horrid" conservative wins?

Tea party Republican wins in Kentucky

(CNN)Matt Bevin, the controversial Kentuckian who attempted to dethrone Sen. Mitch McConnell last year, orchestrated a remarkable political comeback on Tuesday to win the state's governorship.

Bevin bested Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway, a Democrat, in the contest.

Bevin, a Republican often at odds with more mainstream elements of his party, managed to solidly beat Conway in a race that Bevin was not expected to win by any significant margin.

Election Day: Bevin wins in Kentucky, Ohio rejects pot - CNNPolitics.com
Give the people what they want, until they wise up that is...

That's what happened - the people wised up.

Your local Democrat politicians must not have offered any freebies?

Forum List

Back