Conservatives slamming cancel culture while boycotting Anheuser Busch/Nike over Dylan Mulvaney partnership exposes hypocrisy

Now tell me what dictionary that is, so I can look up "cancel culture". I think that's why you didn't provide a link. Hehe.

...and here is "cancle culture". You will notice how they talk about individuals and social media companies.

I win, you lose. :5_1_12024:

Definition of cancel. Is withdrawing support for Anheuser-Bush canceling? Your own dictionary embarrasses you, clown. Next time don't shoot yourself in the foot:
Cancel: To withdraw one's support for (someone, such as a celebrity, or something, such as a company) publicly and especially on social media.

No, she is right. You got owned because you dont know the meaning of the words you use. You looking fucking stupid right now. :laugh:
You got owned by your favorite dictionary, and now you're canceling Merriam Webster because you didn't like their definition of cancel.
you-just-got-owned-hayden-sharp-zdn1r7skcw3l5c4l.gif

Definition of cancel. Is withdrawing support for Anheuser-Bush canceling? Your own dictionary embarrasses you, clown. Next time don't shoot yourself in the foot:
Cancel: To withdraw one's support for (someone, such as a celebrity, or something, such as a company) publicly and especially on social media.
Yeah, you mean to like cancel and order or something? Sure, but you were using the phrase "cancel culture". You were wrong to do so. Stop acting like an idiot.

Yes, the Gay Mafia could have just boycotted the Christian baker, no problem. Don't want to buy his products? Great. Fair.

But instead, they went into his shop, DEMANDED he "bake that cake" and then sued him. Again. And again. And again.

Learn that difference.

Owned again!
cc-merriam.png

So what? Is anyone FOR forcing people to spend money against their own conscience? I'm not. If you never want to spend money at Christian florists, Christian bakers, Hobby Lobby or Chic-Fil-A again, fine.

But you people don't STOP there. You hound people, protest, throw things, sue, inflame and destroy lives. THAT is what I'm saying. Is this difficult to understand?

Yes, the Gay Mafia could have just boycotted the Christian baker, no problem. Don't want to buy his products? Great. Fair.

But instead, they went into his shop, DEMANDED he "bake that cake" and then sued him. Again. And again. And again.

Learn that difference.
Their definitions keep changing. One right-wing nut said nothing about suing, but this other right-wing nut says there has to be a lawsuit involved.
gL2.gif

So what? Is anyone FOR forcing people to spend money against their own conscience? I'm not. If you never want to spend money at Christian florists, Christian bakers, Hobby Lobby or Chic-Fil-A again, fine.

But you people don't STOP there. You hound people, protest, throw things, sue, inflame and destroy lives. THAT is what I'm saying. Is this difficult to understand?
Right-wingers add yet another restriction to cancel culture. See, if you don't "throw things", then it's not cancel culture. Haha. I told you guys you were gonna hate this thread.

Their definitions keep changing. One right-wing nut said nothing about suing, but this other right-wing nut says there has to be a lawsuit involved.
gL2.gif

We are just not buying the products. Fair.

If we were YOU, we would hound down the marketing guru that launched that campaign and set about destroying her entire life, top to bottom. We would not only contact AB in droves about her, but also, her husband's work, her children's schools, her college alma mater. Dude. THAT is cancel culture. We would not only just stop buying the products.....we would be on a seek and destroy mission.

We don't do that in large numbers.

YOU do. That's your rotten fruit.

Now, again. Just crawl away.

We are just not buying the products. Fair.

If we were YOU, we would hound down the marketing guru that launched that campaign and set about destroying her entire life, top to bottom. We would not only contact AB in droves about her, but also, her husband's work, her children's schools, her college alma mater. Dude. THAT is cancel culture. We would not only just stop buying the products.....we would be on a seek and destroy mission.

We don't do that in large numbers.

YOU do. That's your rotten fruit.

Now, again. Just crawl away.

You just admitted you engaged in cancel culture by boycotting:
cc_merriam.png

People can choose how and where to spend their own money, and should.

Cancel culture is abhorrent and creepy when it extends to hounding people individually and destroying their lives because they dared to hurt your Leftist feelings. Basically, one big act of tattling: on their employers, their friends and family, etc. Boycotts have been around forever, big deal. YOUR cancel culture destroys lives.
Thank you for summarizing Conservative position on Cancel Culture. The vast majority of Conservatives oppose Cancel Culture.

I respectfully disagree. As I have mentioned several times, I have developed the Antitotalitarian Commitment: taking every reasonable legal step against Progressives' best interests. As I have explained in two of my very first threads on USMB, I would support applying Cancel Culture to Progressives.

As most people on USMB know, I am not Conservative. Thus Conservatives would not be influenced by my opinion. But hopefully Conservatives would learn the art of Cancel Culture independently.

You just admitted you engaged in cancel culture by boycotting:
View attachment 774712

By whose definition? MW is just trying to catch on to a new term. So what? You are trying to float an argument akin to: any form of discipline you enact upon a child is abusive. We are over here putting our children in two-minute time outs while you're over there beating up on them repeatedly. That's the difference between a boycott and true cancel culture, and everyone can see it, and you're trying to hide behind "definitions".

Again. Just crawl away.

Thank you for summarizing Conservative position on Cancel Culture. The vast majority of Conservatives oppose Cancel Culture.

I respectfully disagree. As I have mentioned several times, I have developed the Antitotalitarian Commitment: taking every reasonable legal step against Progressives' best interests. As I have explained in two of my very first threads on USMB, I would support applying Cancel Culture to Progressives.

As most people on USMB know, I am not Conservative. Thus Conservatives would not be influenced by my opinion. But hopefully Conservatives would learn the art of Cancel Culture independently.

Kurt Schlichter recently supported your position, fwiw. Go nuclear on these worms.

By whose definition? MW is just trying to catch on to a new term. So what? You are trying to float an argument akin to: any form of discipline you enact upon a child is abusive. We are over here putting our children in two-minute time outs while you're over there beating up on them repeatedly. That's the difference between a boycott and true cancel culture, and everyone can see it, and you're trying to hide behind "definitions".

Again. Just crawl away.
Wait.. The dictionary didn't say anything about a "true cancel culture" as opposed to a "fake cancel culture".
Keep digging.

People can choose how and where to spend their own money, and should.

Cancel culture is abhorrent and creepy when it extends to hounding people individually and destroying their lives because they dared to hurt your Leftist feelings. Basically, one big act of tattling: on their employers, their friends and family, etc. Boycotts have been around forever, big deal. YOUR cancel culture destroys lives.
See the bold end of the story.

Forum List

Back