Conservatives unite, turn on SNL this Saturday night !!

Did Hillary call an ethnic group "rapists"? Hey, Rump knew he'd get backlash, I'm sure this doesn't surprise him. He traded any credibility with Latinos in exchange for the drooling genuflecting of those who hate them. He's a gambler. Sometimes that works on balance, sometimes it doesn't and you go bankrupt four times.

No I didn't know about that video -- the other poster just made an oblique reference without posting it, so thanks for that. Hey, you know who should make another one like it? Women.

And then after that, "The Blacks". That one's easy -- doesn't even need dialogue. You just open on a close-up of the infamous Rump Board Game and pan back to various black people counting Rump Play Money. Rump's voice in the background going "I hate it I hate it". Then the camera pans back further and we see that the whole thing's being shot by short guys wearing yarmulkes.

I kill me. I can feel SNL writers reading this right now going "HEY WAIT! New Material!!"

Who has done more disservice to the blacks than this administration?

Oh, uh... the first fifteen Presidents.... Andrew Johnson... Woodrow Wilson.... probably a few more...

Unemployment--particularly younger male blacks is almost twice the national average. We've never seen so many disturbances by blacks such as riots and protests under any other administration since the Civil Rights act was passed. We have a President who threw out a huge Welcome Mat on our borders for people that come here and take jobs blacks would otherwise have had.

Piffle. Hype, statistical cherrypicking and speculation, but it's got nothing to do with my post.

Now I understand candidates have no control over what their little groups throw out there, but at the very least, Hillary should have said she doesn't approve of these children using language I would have never been allowed to utter as a child in front of my parents or any adult. I also stand by my point it's being swept under the rug my MSM because this video supports a Democrat candidate.

Hillary didn't make this ad or approve it. That's an association fallacy, bro. And it doesn't "support a Democratic candidate" --- it doesn't even mention a Democratic candidate. Matter of fact they don't mention anybody at all except Rump. Might wanna watch your own video if you wanna claim to be offended by it.

Ya ever think that maybe it's not known because it's what we call in broadcasting NBQ (Not Broadcast Quality - meaning it's got "fuck"s in it)?

No, I didn't think of that because that's not why it's being ignored by the MSM. While there was no name mentioned in the video, who do you think it was for then? Hillary is the front runner and unless charged with a crime, will remain so. If you want to claim that it had nothing to do with Hillary, fine, but it did have to do with support of the Democrat party or candidates.

With this video of Latino children cursing, it's even more important to show these people that their boycott is a dud.
Conservatives unite, TURN IT ON !!!

uhhh.... what video? :dunno:

He didn't say they were "cursers" --- he said they were rapists.

Wonder if they'll do a skit about that. I would hope so.
I hope I remember to TiVo it. I don't watch SNL anymore ... it's past my bed time.

Tell all your friends. It's important now that Latino's are calling for a boycott, that we give them the opposite right back ! We need the highest ratings for the SNL season !!!

With this video of Latino children cursing, it's even more important to show these people that their boycott is a dud.

"What video" ?!!!

Where have you been ?!

"What video" ?!!!

Where have you been ?!

Umm... well I don't sit up at night listening to Alex Freaking Jones. Unfortunately I have a birth defect -- they call it a "brain".

The poster referred to "this video" and gave no other reference. Nor was there one posted in the thread. What do you expect me to do -- pretend I have any idea what the fuck he's talking about?

I hope I remember to TiVo it. I don't watch SNL anymore ... it's past my bed time.

Tell all your friends. It's important now that Latino's are calling for a boycott, that we give them the opposite right back ! We need the highest ratings for the SNL season !!!

"Ratings" measure attention. Like fake wrestling and paternity tests and sex scandals and tornado destruction draw attention. It doesn't make any kind of positive or negative point except that NBC can then charge more for its ads. That's the only function of ratings in the first place. It's why they exist.

I'll watch it after it's over on video --- that doesn't mean I don't still think he's a dipshit. That would be illogical. You don't watch something because you "agree" with it.

I mean think about it. That's the whole reason NBC is having Rump on in the first place -- he'll draw viewers. So would Adolf Hitler.

As Ray correctly noted just a few posts ago:
Donald Trump is controversial, and what better way to stir up ratings than to make him (or others) say controversial things--especially in the heat of anger?

The goal of NBC was two-fold: one of course was to make as much money as they can selling advertising...

Controversy sells. I'm sure Andrew Dice Clay's show 'sold' too, and when Nora Dunn walked out of the show in protest of his presence, it sold even more.

Last edited:
Did Hillary call an ethnic group "rapists"? Hey, Rump knew he'd get backlash, I'm sure this doesn't surprise him. He traded any credibility with Latinos in exchange for the drooling genuflecting of those who hate them. He's a gambler. Sometimes that works on balance, sometimes it doesn't and you go bankrupt four times.

No I didn't know about that video -- the other poster just made an oblique reference without posting it, so thanks for that. Hey, you know who should make another one like it? Women.

And then after that, "The Blacks". That one's easy -- doesn't even need dialogue. You just open on a close-up of the infamous Rump Board Game and pan back to various black people counting Rump Play Money. Rump's voice in the background going "I hate it I hate it". Then the camera pans back further and we see that the whole thing's being shot by short guys wearing yarmulkes.

I kill me. I can feel SNL writers reading this right now going "HEY WAIT! New Material!!"

Oh, uh... the first fifteen Presidents.... Andrew Johnson... Woodrow Wilson.... probably a few more...

Unemployment--particularly younger male blacks is almost twice the national average. We've never seen so many disturbances by blacks such as riots and protests under any other administration since the Civil Rights act was passed. We have a President who threw out a huge Welcome Mat on our borders for people that come here and take jobs blacks would otherwise have had.

Piffle. Hype, statistical cherrypicking and speculation, but it's got nothing to do with my post.

Now I understand candidates have no control over what their little groups throw out there, but at the very least, Hillary should have said she doesn't approve of these children using language I would have never been allowed to utter as a child in front of my parents or any adult. I also stand by my point it's being swept under the rug my MSM because this video supports a Democrat candidate.

Hillary didn't make this ad or approve it. That's an association fallacy, bro. And it doesn't "support a Democratic candidate" --- it doesn't even mention a Democratic candidate. Matter of fact they don't mention anybody at all except Rump. Might wanna watch your own video if you wanna claim to be offended by it.

Ya ever think that maybe it's not known because it's what we call in broadcasting NBQ (Not Broadcast Quality - meaning it's got "fuck"s in it)?

No, I didn't think of that because that's not why it's being ignored by the MSM. While there was no name mentioned in the video, who do you think it was for then? Hillary is the front runner and unless charged with a crime, will remain so. If you want to claim that it had nothing to do with Hillary, fine, but it did have to do with support of the Democrat party or candidates.

I watched the whole thing (again) and it doesn't "support" anyone. It protests Rump, and it protests racism (by which they mean bigotry). The entire message is a negative. It's not "for" anybody. It doesn't even mention voting, let alone who to vote for. It just protests one guy's rhetoric. That's it.

How you get from that to "supporting Hillary" is a rocky fallacious road fraught with ass-umptions that only you can navigate. The rationality bus doesn't go there.

I watched the whole thing (again) and it doesn't "support" anyone. It protests Rump, and it protests racism (by which they mean bigotry). The entire message is a negative. It's not "for" anybody. It doesn't even mention voting, let alone who to vote for. It just protests one guy's rhetoric. That's it.

How you get from that to "supporting Hillary" is a rocky fallacious road fraught with ass-umptions that only you can navigate. The rationality bus doesn't go there.

So if some right-wing group made a similar video against Hillary, it's simply against Hillary with no support of the Republicans or leading Republican candidates?

So if some right-wing group made a similar video against Hillary, it's simply against Hillary with no support of the Republicans or leading Republican candidates?

Correct. If she went on a stump in a desperate quest for attention and said "Hungarians are rapists" and Hungarian kids made a protest video, that wouldn't be a message saying "therefore vote for Rump" or "therefore vote for Sanders" or "therefore vote for -- anybody". Matter of fact it wouldn't even be saying "don't vote for Hillary". It would simply be saying "Hillary, shut the fuck up".

Just because Alex Freaking Jones hangs some third party's name on a video doesn't make it somehow come to life as such. Alex has a long way to go before he graduates to being Doctor Frankenstein.

Again -- there's no mention of Hillary, Bernie, Marco, Dr Ben, or anyone at all except the offender.

Everything Trump said was true. The corrupt Mexican government IS sending their rapists, murderers, and drug dealers across our border. The only people bothered by his statement are those who support what Mexico is doing and don't want it brought to the forefront of this election campaign. "Silence your opponent" is always the name of the game for Democrats and this is a perfect example. The funny part is that their efforts will backfire and Trump will rise in the polls even more. :lol:

Rump is a ratings magnet, I agree. For the same reason that WWE or Gallagher smashing watermelons is. But who suggested he was responsible for cutting a debate by a hour? I'm not familiar with that (wasn't folllowing it either)?

Not a huge controversy but a controversy nonetheless. Here's a link to one of the articles:

Trump Right on 2-Hour Debate Win on CNBC

Thanks for that, although I hardly consider the one-two punch of Newsmax and Donald Rump a "credible source" as to who influenced who. :rofl:

Doubly interesting that the CNBC guy says it was always going to be two hours, and that Rump talks in terms of "getting the hell out of there".

Three and a half hours seems a long time -- two hours seems a long time -- but I'm counting TEN people on that stage. The more participants there are, the more each gets time cut out, if the total time is a constant. So ten people requires time, else it's not really a debate.

I think the criticism might be better focused on the idea of milking TV ratings out of a field that hasn't yet pared itself down to a manageable size. But on the other hand if you do want to preview the field, then you're gonna need time. Can't have it both ways.

How long was the Democratic debate with half as many participants?

Given the types of questions that were asked, I don't think we would have learned much more if the debate were even five hours. The questions were designed to start trouble between the candidates which they did.

In the Democrat debate, you learned just about everything you needed to know as a Democrat voter. In fact I have no idea WTF they will be discussing in the next Democrat debate.

The questions were chosen to match the behavior and statements of the contestants. If they had been talking about substantive things, their questions would have been about substantive things. As it is, they act like a bunch of school kids, and the questions reflected that.

No, the type of questions prompted them to act like a bunch of children. That was our complaint in the first place.

Donald Trump is controversial, and what better way to stir up ratings than to make him (or others) say controversial things--especially in the heat of anger?

The goal of NBC was two-fold: one of course was to make as much money as they can selling advertising, and two was to try and make all Republicans look bad, or at least as close as they could get. You didn't get much of that in the Democrat debate.

Prompted them to act like children? The contestants didn't have a choice in how they behaved?

Suck on it Latino's !!!!!!!!!!!!!

47% higher than the Hillary episode.

Donald Trump gives SNL its biggest ratings in years

Posted November 8 2015 — 10:32 AM EST

Trump is still bringing the bump.

With Donald Trump hosting, Saturday Night Live jumped to its biggest overnight rating since 2012.

According to NBC, SNL had a whopping 6.6 household rating on Saturday night, easily beating the season’s previous high: the 41st season premiere last month, hosted by Miley Cyrus and with a guest appearance by none other than … Hillary Clinton. In fact, Trump’s overnight rating was 47 percent higher than the Miley/Hillary episode.

Donald Trump gives 'SNL' its biggest ratings in years | EW.com

Suck on it Latino's !!!!!!!!!!!!!

47% higher than the Hillary episode.

Donald Trump gives SNL its biggest ratings in years
Posted November 8 2015 — 10:32 AM EST

Trump is still bringing the bump.

With Donald Trump hosting, Saturday Night Live jumped to its biggest overnight rating since 2012.

According to NBC, SNL had a whopping 6.6 household rating on Saturday night, easily beating the season’s previous high: the 41st season premiere last month, hosted by Miley Cyrus and with a guest appearance by none other than … Hillary Clinton. In fact, Trump’s overnight rating was 47 percent higher than the Miley/Hillary episode.

Donald Trump gives 'SNL' its biggest ratings in years | EW.com

Once AGAIN for the illiterate --

RATINGS are not some kind of "vote" on quality or assent. They simply measure attention. How many eyeballs are paying attention to your channel at the time, versus other channels, versus not watching anything. That's it.

There is no such thing as a "competition" between a Rump appearance, a Clinton apperance, a McCain appearance, etc. Does not exist and can not exist. Ratings do not measure anything like that.

Rump is controversial. Certainly more so than Hillary. Controversy sells. It doesn't mean anyone "agrees" or "disagrees" with whatever the controversy is. It measures, if anything, notoriety --- which is not related to "admiration" or whatever it is you seem to be imagining here.

As noted before, if SNL had Adolf Hitler hosting, ratings would go through the roof. That in no way means some TV audience wants to gas Jews. It simply means they want to gawk. In the same way everybody on the freeway will stop to rubberneck at the jackknifed tractor trailer that hit the school bus and lay kids' bodies all over the road -- it doesn't mean they "approve" of traffic fatalities. It simply means something out of the ordinary got their attention. That's it -- full stop.

SNL (and broadcasting in general) understands that psychology. That's why they have the mantra "if it bleeds, it leads". Donald Rump bleeds.

Broadcast ratings have one purpose and one purpose only --- to set advertising rates. The more eyeballs I can demonstrate I can deliver --- the more I can charge you for a commercial.

That's it. Full stop.

Stop wanking off to this as if it's some kind of "accomplishment". It isn't. When you walk around declaring Mexicans are rapists and women are pigs and those who criticize you are 'losers' ---- you're going to get attention. Attention does not equal accomplishment.

Bottom line, when somebody's ratings go up (or down), it's of interest to exactly two entities: those selling broadcast advertising --- and those buying it. That's it. Full stop.

Last edited:
Latino's are calling for a boycott, and one group is even offering $5K to anyone who stands up and protests Trump at the show. The Tom's will be uniting with Latino's and other groups who are pro-illegal immigration, so it's important to support the show even if you don't personally support Trump.
Lets send a message with some really good ratings !!

Latino Group Offers $5000 to Any SNL Audience Member Who Heckles Trump

The Deport Racism PAC is offering a cash prize to any SNL audience member who calls out Donald Trump during his hosting gig on Saturday.

In a statement, the PAC said it “will pay $5,000 cash to anyone on the set of the show or in the studio audience” who is “heard saying ‘Deport Racism’ or ‘Trump is a Racist’ during the live broadcast.”

“NBC has invited Donald Trump to be the host of Saturday Night Live on November 7th despite outcry from the Latino community and supporters of equality,” the statement reads. “Giving Trump a platform on the hit comedy show sends the wrong message that his offensive and racist comments about Latinos and Mexicans are acceptable.”

Latino Group Offers $5000 to Any SNL Audience Member Who Heckles Trump
They're making fun of trump tonight

It's so funny and true how trump supporters defend and explain away trumps craziness and in the end they agreed at least he's better than Ted cruz

Forum List

Back