Constitutional line in the sand, San Antonio TX Oct 19th

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
If you can make it to San Antonio join myself and hopefully thousands of others to protest the San Antonio police abuse of power. Their harassment of citizens exercising their Second Amendment rights can not go unchallenged.

Location is the Alamo 10 AM to 2 PM. Saturday Oct. 19

The stated goals are to:
1) Educate Americans on their right to openly carry shotguns and rifles in a safe manner.
2) To condition Americans to feel safe around those of us that carry them.
3) Encourage our elected officials to pass less restrictive open carry legislation.

Guidelines:
1. We recommend the use of a sling to promote a non-aggressive manner of carry.
2. Chamber checks are done to put safety first and prevent accidents
3. In an effort to ensure gun owners are viewed as nonthreatening, we recommend no LBV, Plates or Military gear.
4. Proper muzzle etiquette shall be observed at all times.

Come And Take It San Antonio -Line In The Sand | DontComply.com

Gun haters piss their pants and call the cops anytime they see a gun, even in open carry States. The Police, instead of informing the person that open carry is legal and that no laws are being broken, harrass the gun owners instead.

While I don't open carry... I carry concealed only, simply because I don't make myself a target for the bad guy.. Let my gun be a surprise to them... I have no problem with those who want to open carry.

It is just as much their right to do that as it is the right for Gays to marry in the States where that is legal.

Gun haters piss their pants and call the cops anytime they see a gun, even in open carry States. The Police, instead of informing the person that open carry is legal and that no laws are being broken, harrass the gun owners instead.

While I don't open carry... I carry concealed only, simply because I don't make myself a target for the bad guy.. Let my gun be a surprise to them... I have no problem with those who want to open carry.

It is just as much their right to do that as it is the right for Gays to marry in the States where that is legal.

I don't have a long gun with a sling or I would open carry for this, I always carry concealed.

This has little if anything to do with the ‘Constitution’ and more to do with interpreting existing state laws:

Q: Can I carry a firearm on my person?

A: Yes, with proper licensing (Concealed Handgun License) you may carry a pistol or revolver on your person so long as it remains concealed. Long guns (rifles / shotguns) do not have to be concealed, but must be carried in a manner not calculated to cause alarm, and do not require a license.

Texas Gun Laws - Our Texas Gun Laws made Simple!

The conflict likely concerns what constitutes carrying a long gun ‘in a manner… calculated to cause alarm.’ What does ‘calculated’ mean, and people tend to perceive danger quite differently.

As for law enforcement, what constitutes ‘harassment,’ what evidence is there some gun owners haven’t crossed the line where they have indeed displayed their guns in public in a threatening manner. Have police responded to citizens’ complaints with regard to the open carrying of long guns? And have gun owners and law enforcement attempted to come to a consensus as to what is and is not appropriate with regard to the open carrying of rifles and shotguns, as opposed to some inane and belligerent demonstration.

Clayton Jones,

Go to youtube and watch some of the videos of how cops deal with open carry.

Even the nice ones tell the open carry people that they are at fault for the harasment because they insist on exerting their right to open carry.

This has little if anything to do with the ‘Constitution’ and more to do with interpreting existing state laws:

Q: Can I carry a firearm on my person?

A: Yes, with proper licensing (Concealed Handgun License) you may carry a pistol or revolver on your person so long as it remains concealed. Long guns (rifles / shotguns) do not have to be concealed, but must be carried in a manner not calculated to cause alarm, and do not require a license.

Texas Gun Laws - Our Texas Gun Laws made Simple!

The conflict likely concerns what constitutes carrying a long gun ‘in a manner… calculated to cause alarm.’ What does ‘calculated’ mean, and people tend to perceive danger quite differently.

As for law enforcement, what constitutes ‘harassment,’ what evidence is there some gun owners haven’t crossed the line where they have indeed displayed their guns in public in a threatening manner. Have police responded to citizens’ complaints with regard to the open carrying of long guns? And have gun owners and law enforcement attempted to come to a consensus as to what is and is not appropriate with regard to the open carrying of rifles and shotguns, as opposed to some inane and belligerent demonstration.

Thanks for your totally unbiased, unassuming contribution.:cuckoo:

Clayton Jones,

Go to youtube and watch some of the videos of how cops deal with open carry.

Even the nice ones tell the open carry people that they are at fault for the harasment because they insist on exerting their right to open carry.

Here is a good example. I particularly remember this one from a couple of years ago.

ACLU Files On Behalf Of Gun Owner Abusively Arrested By Philadelphia Police | JONATHAN TURLEY

It's a damned shame when a citizen has to put his own life on the line to educate ignorant police. I hope he gets a huge settlement and new mandatory training for the cops. Then I would seek criminal charges for assult aginst the cops that were swearing at him.

Forum List

Back