Cook: The Public Doesn't Care About This Stuff

Interesting piece by pollster Charlie Cook:

While Republicans Rant About Benghazi and IRS, Public Mostly Yawns - NationalJournal.com

I don't know if he's right, but I wouldn't be surprised. I have no doubt that people know more about Kim Kardashian's pregnancy than any of these issues.

They are yawning about Benghazi for sure. The IRS thing is too soon to tell, but I have a feeling it will end up being more about the need for campaign finance reform than anything else.

I told you people a week ago, normal America doesn't care about Benghazi. They will care about the IRS thing a bit until some heads roll and then that will be over. The AP phone number subpoena thing will matter about as much to normal Americans as something like an election scandal in a third world country nobody can pronounce or find on a map.

Political junkies have a bad habit of overestimating the amount that normal Americans give a shit about the kind of stuff political junkies obsess over.

While Republicans Rant About Benghazi and IRS, Public Mostly Yawns - NationalJournal.com

I don't know if he's right, but I wouldn't be surprised. I have no doubt that people know more about Kim Kardashian's pregnancy than any of these issues.

Ya know I dont even know who? or what the Kardashians are????? guess I dont read or watch gossip crap. Why are they famous?

I was going to answer your question, but I think I'll leave it at this:

It's probably better you don't know.

:cool:

I disagree that it's because they are interested in the Kardashians rather they are sick and tired of not being listened to at all by this congress. They're tired of extremists setting the agenda.

These people are supposed to be working for us.

Throw the bums out in 2014.

They are yawning about Benghazi for sure. The IRS thing is too soon to tell, but I have a feeling it will end up being more about the need for campaign finance reform than anything else.

If you don't think the Dem's coffers would suffer greatly you are mistaken. No more union giving, advocacy group giving such as AARP, and on and on and on. The unions have been one of the biggest contributors to campaigns, ya know.

Not this time...this is easy to understand and it scares people. Put that with his overall ineffectiveness and I think this one will stick.

I think people just might pay attention to how QUICKLY the Republicans jump on this and want to set up investigations and COMPARE it to how SLOWLY they get the regular business of running our country done.

I told you people a week ago, normal America doesn't care about Benghazi. They will care about the IRS thing a bit until some heads roll and then that will be over. The AP phone number subpoena thing will matter about as much to normal Americans as something like an election scandal in a third world country nobody can pronounce or find on a map.

Political junkies have a bad habit of overestimating the amount that normal Americans give a shit about the kind of stuff political junkies obsess over.

It's a strange thing, but I don't recall any polls during Iran-contra or Watergate on whether the public cared about the issue. The MSM only seems interested in whether the public cares when one of their heroes is wriggling on the hook.

Ya know I dont even know who? or what the Kardashians are????? guess I dont read or watch gossip crap. Why are they famous?

All I know through channel surfing is kim has a big ass. thats it...... I guess I will have to google it. lol

All I know through channel surfing is kim has a big ass. thats it...... I guess I will have to google it. lol

Oh god help me, I just found out why they became famous. I thought it had to do with they invented a sweater or something. your right It was best not for me to know.

this poll was from last week - not after all the revelations have been brought forth. Let's wait and see what the next 2 week polls show.

It's a strange thing, but I don't recall any polls during Iran-contra or Watergate on whether the public cared about the issue. The MSM only seems interested in whether the public cares when one of their heroes is wriggling on the hook.

The fact that you even compare Iran-Contra and Watergate to these incidents proves how far out of it you are, compared to normal America.

Forum List

Back