🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Cops and administrators resign in small Missouri town after Black woman is elected mayor!

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
The citizens of Parma, Mo. decided they wanted change after 37 years of mayoral domination by one person....an aging White male. That change came when Mayor Tyrus Byrd was sworn in as the new mayor.

White backlash soon reared it’s ugly head in the wake of the election when 80% of the city administrative employees, including cops, resigned. That certainly sent an ominous message that the new mayor won’t be getting much support from local White people.

Byrd, is not only female, she is Black too. Perhaps that combination was too much to bear for the pillars of the community.but it does show that the system is beginning to work to some degree for people of color. But is that enough? The resignation of top administrators and officials is sure to leave a gap in services and city matters that will have the new mayor scrambling to reorganize and keep things running. And who knows what dirty things former employees are willing to do in an attempt to make her fail.

The strategy of the former White administrators is clear. They apparently want to undermine the efforts of this newly elected mayor and will likely lead an exodus out of the city to incorporate elsewhere, taking their tax base with them.. But, that is mere speculation on my part. I have not read or heard that ALL local Whites are on board with osme White Flight conspiracy. We shall see!

Hopefully, the citizens who remain, regardless of race or political inclination, will band together and make this mayor’s tenure a successful one. The whole world is watching!

This has to be at LEAST the 6th thread about this. Unbunch your panties. Did you notice the new Mayor is republican?

This has to be at LEAST the 6th thread about this. Unbunch your panties. Did you notice the new Mayor is republican?

Are you being witty or just an ass? I did a search in the forums and got no hits for this before creating this thread. And in regards to the new mayors political affiliation, it's immaterial. The White people who resigned were Democrats and obviously racists. The Ferguson city officials are White Democrats too and look what the DOJ report revealed about THEIR PD>. BTW, I'm wondering how that Ferguson election turned out...It was due this month!

Are you being witty or just an ass? I did a search in the forums and got no hits for this before creating this thread. And in regards to the new mayors political affiliation, it's immaterial. The White people who resigned were Democrats and obviously racists. The Ferguson city officials are White Democrats too and look what the DOJ report revealed about THEIR PD>. BTW, I'm wondering how that Ferguson election turned out...It was due this month!
Wow you are stupid as fuck.

Wow you are stupid as fuck.
Aw, get off my planet you babbling , Neanderthal!

Heard they are so tiny...they only have like 7 cops anyway. Its not unusual for a lotnof resignations to occur when a change in command occurs....in corporate world or government.

Im sure when a new president is sworn in in 2017...a lot of federal folks will resign.

Not 80%. But such a tiny government. ...almost everyone is in a high position.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the premise of the thread. Maybe the people were racist. Maybe they weren't. It's hard to tell when you provide no links for information on the incident.

So what? We have been deprived of a functional national government for the same reasons. It's not the end of the world. Sometimes bigotry must just die off.

With only 7 cops this is a very small town. Maybe they have a lot of jobs opening somewhere?

Damn! Talk about a desperate thread. Racism, racism, racism!!!

I'm beginning to see more and more justification for saying that bigotry and or racism is not limited to one party.

White Democrats, in some states, are just as euphemistically " conservative" as the White male dominated GOP!

Nationally, I still align myself with the Democrat's political platform but, locally; some racist Democrat strongholds still have to be rooted out. Usually there are only two choices: Democrat or Republican. Black people are NOT stupid for voting Republican on local levels if they have to live under regimes like those of Ferguson which was controlled by White Democrats. Flexibility is the key both Nationally and locally with an ever watchful eye on preserving equality and civil rights for all Americans!

We are discussing Parma without an inkling of the town's demographics. I was surprised to find that 62.4 % of the population is White while Blacks make up only 36.7%. Those statistics suggest that either some Blacks voted Republican or that the non racist White folks, probably of NO party affiliation, voted for change. That is significant!

Parma Demographics Summary

With 675 people, Parma is the 429th most populated city in the state of Missouri out of 1,021 cities. But watch out, Parma, because Birch Tree with 670 people and Hawk Point with 673 people are right behind you.

The largest Parma racial/ethnic groups are White (62.4%) followed by Black (36.7%) and Two or More (0.9%).

In 2013, the median household income of Parma residents was $25,398. Parma households made slightly more than Caruthersville households ($25,339) and Milford households ($25,313) . However, 34.8% of Parma residents live in poverty.

The median age for Parma residents is 35.9 years young.

The citizens of Parma, Mo. decided they wanted change after 37 years of mayoral domination by one person....an aging White male. That change came when Mayor Tyrus Byrd was sworn in as the new mayor.

White backlash soon reared it’s ugly head in the wake of the election when 80% of the city administrative employees, including cops, resigned. That certainly sent an ominous message that the new mayor won’t be getting much support from local White people.

Byrd, is not only female, she is Black too. Perhaps that combination was too much to bear for the pillars of the community.but it does show that the system is beginning to work to some degree for people of color. But is that enough? The resignation of top administrators and officials is sure to leave a gap in services and city matters that will have the new mayor scrambling to reorganize and keep things running. And who knows what dirty things former employees are willing to do in an attempt to make her fail.

The strategy of the former White administrators is clear. They apparently want to undermine the efforts of this newly elected mayor and will likely lead an exodus out of the city to incorporate elsewhere, taking their tax base with them.. But, that is mere speculation on my part. I have not read or heard that ALL local Whites are on board with osme White Flight conspiracy. We shall see!

Hopefully, the citizens who remain, regardless of race or political inclination, will band together and make this mayor’s tenure a successful one. The whole world is watching!

You Leftwats are having a hard time explaining the fact that this black female is also a Republican. I noticed that you left that little detail out and who can blame you. It blows a big hole through your theory.

You Leftwats are having a hard time explaining the fact that this black female is also a Republican. I noticed that you left that little detail out and who can blame you. It blows a big hole through your theory.
I am no "Leftwat" whatever that is! I'm a REAL conservative Democrat. I have no hard time explaining anything! Ms Byrd won an election against a long time White Democrat incumbent (37 years) and I think a young demographic (35years) was the key. Thus far, the background of this election has not emerged enough to positively point to a specific reason for a traditional Democrat enclave to suddenly collapse . Noteworthy, though, is the precipitous drop in population density from nearly 1000 in 2010 to less than 700 in 2015.

NOTE: I guess you missed my reference to Byrd being a republican in post #16!

I am no "Leftwat" whatever that is! I'm a REAL conservative Democrat. I have no hard time explaining anything! Ms Byrd won an election against a long time White Democrat incumbent (37 years) and I think a young demographic (35years) was the key. Thus far, the background of this election has not emerged enough to positively point to a specific reason for a traditional Democrat enclave to suddenly collapse . Noteworthy, though, is the precipitous drop in population density from nearly 1000 in 2010 to less than 700 in 2015.

NOTE: I guess you missed my reference to Byrd being a republican in post #16!

So you can't escape the fact that it's racist democrats that quit their jobs. No worries. Nobody expected you guys to be any different than the last 150 years.

Correction: The drop in Parma's population was from nearly 1000 in 1990 to less than 700 in 2013....
The editing function has gone haywire. This posting format sucks!

Forum List

Back