Cops kill Downs man, blame paramedics

I have finally read the article-----there is insufficient evidence about the autopsy and about the events to draw any conclusion at all based on the information in that article.
There is virtually NOTHING THERE. I have attended autopsies and conferences on autopsy findings----there was
almost NOTHING in the article -------the first evaluator
found a fractured larynx and decided to call it "homicide"--
that's about it -----the witnesses for the prosecution were all HIRED GUNS -----the defense information was not presented I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED. There is
no information as to why the cops thought they should cuff
the man-----or why anyone claimed that they should not have
done so ------nothing. The note written by the paramedic would have been nice ------what did they do? I do not even know why anyone called paramedics

I guess we could use a little common sense. Would it have hurt the cops and the theater to let the man watch the movie again, or at least until they could contact the mother? No, of course not. We know why he died. He died because the cops were incompetent.

Yes----it would have been better. It is not entirely clear to me that the cops were "incompetent"
In the normal course of events it is wrong to kill someone who thinks he can watch a movie twice.

It is a great tragedy that it happened that way. I do not believe that the security guards had a POLICY of killing people who thought it a good idea to see the movie twice. I do believe that
the attempt to remove that person ESCALATED into a physical fight------and the guards----being average guys----did not know that a strong ---muscle bound--healthy but odd looking person had serious physical vulnerabilities-----would YOU KNOW?.
I think the better question is what moron wouldnt know?

lots of people do not easily recognize the facial manifestations of down's syndrome as easily as do you. I would estimate----MOST PEOPLE

I guess we could use a little common sense. Would it have hurt the cops and the theater to let the man watch the movie again, or at least until they could contact the mother? No, of course not. We know why he died. He died because the cops were incompetent.

Yes----it would have been better. It is not entirely clear to me that the cops were "incompetent"
In the normal course of events it is wrong to kill someone who thinks he can watch a movie twice.

It is a great tragedy that it happened that way. I do not believe that the security guards had a POLICY of killing people who thought it a good idea to see the movie twice. I do believe that
the attempt to remove that person ESCALATED into a physical fight------and the guards----being average guys----did not know that a strong ---muscle bound--healthy but odd looking person had serious physical vulnerabilities-----would YOU KNOW?.

lots of people do not easily recognize the facial manifestations of down's syndrome as easily as do you. I would estimate----MOST PEOPLE
Where do you live? That estimation IMO is totally the opposite of what I know.

Yeah, I would no that it makes no sense to manhandle a retarded person that won't get out of his seat.

you would? how would you know that he is "retarded"?---
"retarded" ain't really a diagnosis
One, he has the features. Two, his health aide was right there with him.

oh-----the "health aide"--------the average looking woman
with no visible sign of a credential----sitting next to the odd
looking but healthy looking guy who refuses to leave-
So you think it was a matter of credibility? So everyone simply ignored the explanation that this odd looking guy had Downs syndrome because she didnt have the correct ID?

I think that most people in the USA ------who have no background at all in medical care or have never been
around a person with down's syndrome-----would not know
the significance of another person saying "he has down's syndrome" MOST (ie----more than 50%) even if they understand that it is associated with a diminished level of intellect

Yeah, I would no that it makes no sense to manhandle a retarded person that won't get out of his seat.

I see you've talked yourself into a corner and can't believe your own eyes that the man suffered from Down's syndrome.

I see you've talked yourself into a corner and can't believe your own eyes that the man suffered from Down's syndrome.

wrong-----it is obvious to me that he has down's syndrome.
I am not a security guard. There are reasons why it is obvious to me but may not be obvious to a movie house
security guard.

upload_2015-9-4_10-25-53-jpeg.49287

So you think it was a matter of credibility? So everyone simply ignored the explanation that this odd looking guy had Downs syndrome because she didnt have the correct ID?

I think that most people in the USA ------who have no background at all in medical care or have never been
the significance of another person saying "he has down's syndrome" MOST (ie----more than 50%) even if they understand that it is associated with a diminished level of intellect
My wife who is a RN also thinks your estimation is way off base. I actually dont know anyone that at the very least doesnt recognize a person with Down syndrome as having impaired judgement and social awareness.

I am not a security guard. There are reasons why it is obvious to me but may not be obvious to a movie house
security guard.
So we're back to the cops being retarded themselves.

security guard.
So you think the off duty cops were ignorant and had no knowledge of Downs syndrome?

security guard.

Off duty officers....

And that assumption would be incorrect.

My wife who is a RN also thinks your estimation is way off base. I actually dont know anyone that at the very least doesnt recognize a person with Down syndrome as having impaired judgement and social awareness.

oh----your wife whose friends are also RNs all know that people with Down's syndrome have impaired judgement.
I have worked in inner hospitals------I would not describe
the patient population as people I "know" ---or their relatives as people I KNOW-----but I certainly knew that lots of them
had no idea WTF is down's syndrome

oh----your wife whose friends are also RNs all know that people with Down's syndrome have impaired judgement.
I have worked in inner hospitals------I would not describe
the patient population as people I "know" ---or their relatives as people I KNOW-----but I certainly knew that lots of them
had no idea WTF is down's syndrome
"Friend" was not a word I used. My wife only has 1 friend thats also in the medical field. However that has nothing to do with the people she knows. It looks like you have talked yourself into a corner when you start trying to deflect.

got a link, Carla?

got a link, Carla?

of note

"
MYTH: Parents will not find community support in bringing up their child with Down syndrome.

TRUTH: In almost every community of the United States there are parent support groups and other community organizations directly involved in providing services to families of individuals with Down syndrome.

MYTH: Children with Down syndrome must be placed in segregated special education programs.

TRUTH: Children with Down syndrome have been included in regular academic classrooms in schools across the country. In some instances they are integrated into specific courses, while in other situations students are fully included in the regular classroom for all subjects. The current trend in education is for full inclusion in the social and educational life of the community. Increasingly, individuals with Down syndrome graduate from high school with regular diplomas, participate in postsecondary academic and college experiences and, in some cases, receive college degrees.

- See more at: Myths & Truths - National Down Syndrome Society"

a downs man. You people wont be happy until we have no police force and the criminals take us over. I hope they come to your house first
Hitler didn't care for the retarded either. Amazing that you admit to thinking a down's man is worthless.
Paint my outhouse would love this story.... has stated that Down Syndrome people and all "droolers" as he calls them should all be killed because they are a waste of life....

a downs man. You people wont be happy until we have no police force and the criminals take us over. I hope they come to your house first
Hitler didn't care for the retarded either. Amazing that you admit to thinking a down's man is worthless.
Paint my outhouse would love this story.... has stated that Down Syndrome people and all "droolers" as he calls them should all be killed because they are a waste of life....

Paint wrote that ?? sheeeesh I knew he is an idiot----but did not imagine THAT IDIOTIC

Paint wrote that ?? sheeeesh I knew he is an idiot----but did not imagine THAT IDIOTIC
yep he did....in the thread months ago about palins down syndrome kid standing on their dog...

This incident involves a obvious mentally defective individual engaged in a dispute over an extremely petty issue, one that should not have resulted in the use of force to begin with. The circumstances of this fellow's death clearly suggest one of the goons who participated in his forcible removal from the theater applied a strangle-hold to his neck, which crushed his trachea. Hopefully a legitimate investigation will reveal that and the appropriate actions will follow.

This is one of many examples of excessive force used by goon cops who either are incompetent in the appropriate use of force or who deliberately exceed the necessary level of force because they like doing it. For them it is like playing football -- with someone who doesn't want to play.

Watching the TV reality series, COPS, will reveal that in approximately four of every five incidents in which forceful take-down methods are used either the force used was totally unnecessary or the level of force is clearly and brazenly excessive. This common abuse of police authority is one of the reasons for the rising public resentment of police and it contributes to the hatred underlying random police assassinations.

Forum List

Back