Cops: We are leaving

So. What?

Let those thugs with badges go. They were doing more harm than good anyway.

We'll replace them with intelligent and decent law enforcement professionals.
Just like that? Do you really think it's that simple? Is it that simple when people say things like "just kill those fucking animals burning the cities down"? Simplify, dehumanize, dismiss? Is any real progress on anything going to be made with this kind of thinking on any side?
It really is that simple. It would be easier if you didn’t fight reforming the cops. You support systemic racism.

Reform the cops how? What reforms do you want to see?
From his comments here it sure seems as if he wants them to stop enforcing the law.

What he doesn't understand is the more difficult you make it on police officers, the less quality of officers you will get in the future. You can't reform the police every single time a bad apple makes a story for the MSM. Most police forces work diligently to get the best officers possible. But nothing will stop some from slipping through the cracks. All you can really do is remove the bad cops once they are exposed.
Problem is, they are not removing them.
And even if one does something bad enough to get fired, which is rare, they get on with another department immediately.

Are you making an assumption or do you have any credible evidence to your claim? If you personally know any police officers, then you'd also know they have people breathing down their necks every day. They are constantly being monitored and have strict standards. Police work is pretty political.
I know a lot of cops and I work with them almost every day. I like almost all of them on a personal level but I never forget that if they get ordered to raid my house to arrest me, they will kick the door and come in guns drawn, and they will kill me if I resist in any way.

You said a mouthful right there, they will kill me if I resist in any way. Yes, they probably would. In fact, most all deaths at the hands of police officers are because the subject refused to obey the orders of the police. Every one of them would be alive today if they only did just that.

But instead of promoting the concept of everybody following the orders of the police, when the media needs more viewers and bloggers, they show people a situation of a police officer killing somebody sparking protests and riots. It's a great tool the MSM has. Their audience is like a trained attack dog. Just give them the signal, and they mindlessly attack.

I don't know many entertainers that went out to high schools, especially black high schools, and had a seminar with the kids to tell them no matter what, always obey police officers to avoid being seriously hurt or getting killed. They would save a hell of a lot more black lives than disrespecting our flag or bashing all police officers on camera and radio.
I don't hurt anyone and there is no reason for any cops to come at me; if they do, we go straight to total war to the knife and I kill as many of them as I can.

I don't fuck with people; don't fuck with me.

Well the people they do have to go after have the same view as you. That's why police do need to use deadly force against them.
What legitimate reason is there to attack someone who isn't hurting anyone and who hasn't done anything wrong?
I have a right to defend myself and that right doesn't dissolve into thin air when the attacker is wearing a badge.

So. What?

Just like that? Do you really think it's that simple? Is it that simple when people say things like "just kill those fucking animals burning the cities down"? Simplify, dehumanize, dismiss? Is any real progress on anything going to be made with this kind of thinking on any side?
It really is that simple. It would be easier if you didn’t fight reforming the cops. You support systemic racism.

From his comments here it sure seems as if he wants them to stop enforcing the law.

What he doesn't understand is the more difficult you make it on police officers, the less quality of officers you will get in the future. You can't reform the police every single time a bad apple makes a story for the MSM. Most police forces work diligently to get the best officers possible. But nothing will stop some from slipping through the cracks. All you can really do is remove the bad cops once they are exposed.
And even if one does something bad enough to get fired, which is rare, they get on with another department immediately.

Are you making an assumption or do you have any credible evidence to your claim? If you personally know any police officers, then you'd also know they have people breathing down their necks every day. They are constantly being monitored and have strict standards. Police work is pretty political.
I know a lot of cops and I work with them almost every day. I like almost all of them on a personal level but I never forget that if they get ordered to raid my house to arrest me, they will kick the door and come in guns drawn, and they will kill me if I resist in any way.

You said a mouthful right there, they will kill me if I resist in any way. Yes, they probably would. In fact, most all deaths at the hands of police officers are because the subject refused to obey the orders of the police. Every one of them would be alive today if they only did just that.

But instead of promoting the concept of everybody following the orders of the police, when the media needs more viewers and bloggers, they show people a situation of a police officer killing somebody sparking protests and riots. It's a great tool the MSM has. Their audience is like a trained attack dog. Just give them the signal, and they mindlessly attack.

I don't know many entertainers that went out to high schools, especially black high schools, and had a seminar with the kids to tell them no matter what, always obey police officers to avoid being seriously hurt or getting killed. They would save a hell of a lot more black lives than disrespecting our flag or bashing all police officers on camera and radio.
I don't hurt anyone and there is no reason for any cops to come at me; if they do, we go straight to total war to the knife and I kill as many of them as I can.

Well the people they do have to go after have the same view as you. That's why police do need to use deadly force against them.
What legitimate reason is there to attack someone who isn't hurting anyone and who hasn't done anything wrong?
I have a right to defend myself and that right doesn't dissolve into thin air when the attacker is wearing a badge.

It could be mistaken identity. If somebody committed a serious crime that matches your physical description, the police may confront you to see who you are and where you've been. I remember years ago a cop followed me home on my way back from the bowling alley. When I turned in my driveway, he parked across the street at a store and turned his car facing my house. After he seen me get out of my car with a bowling shirt on carrying my bowling ball, he waited until I unlocked my door and entered my own home.

When I got inside I quickly turned on my police scanner. I didn't get the whole story, but apparently somebody did something wrong that was driving a car almost exactly like mine. I don't know how he knew I wasn't the person in question, but if he did confront me to ask me questions, or ordered me to the ground with my arms up, I would have completely complied.

That’s what I thought last night after I thought about what ray said. So he wants to live in a police state. He’s willing to give up his freedom for security
Your 'right' to be an irresponsible, POS drunk driver? BS.
It’s like in my condos. When I first moved in the board handed out fines like crazy for everything. Such bullshit. Today only really clear offenses after several warnings will get you a fine. We changed the way we police our community.

For example they would have fined me for my dog playing in the lake. It’s still against the rules but it isn’t enforced

...And yes, it will be simple to replace them.

And I’d like to replace every cop that retires with a black person. Maybe they will treat us citizens with respect and know how to defuse situations better than the old cops we have now who are burned out.
Typical racist democrat stupidity, right there ^^^.
Why? Continue
Racist because you want to fire some people based solely on the color of their skin and hire others based solely on the color of their skin. Stupid because you think that skin color means "...they will treat us citizens with respect and know how to defuse situations better..." That is just about as illogical and offensively stupid as possible.
Stupid because that’s not what I want. You’re projecting.

The racists who want to hold onto that white privileg agree with you on this

...Oh, and like in 5 years no one has died on our lake because someone was drunk. The cop said, "I don't care if you have a beer in your hand just don't be drunk"
Is that how you want the laws enforced on drinking and driving on the highways? How fucking stupid is that?
You wouldn’t understand you don’t have a boat and you’re a square. I’m high on it too. Boat not a car.
Then you should go to jail before your irresponsible behavior harms another boater.
Funny that he seems to think driving a boat impaired is somehow okay.

What an asinine position to hold.

It's the same "oh, isn't it a lark!" bullshit attitude that a lot of people used to take to drunk driving on the highways 40 or 50 years ago. How many people, how many families, were killed because of such fucking assholes? Unfortunately, it is also the attitude that many people who come here from countries 40-50 years behind in cultural development bring with them. No excuse for someone born and raised here to be so fucking stupid and irresponsible.
You’ve never lived on a lake you ignorant little man
I've never lived in Utah either, but I know the law applies there, stupid.
I live on a lake. Private property private lake.

you should also don’t know people in gated communities drive golf carts drunk. You wouldn’t know because they have cops who will pull you over because you don’t belong clearly by how you are dressed and the car you drive which is?

If you live on a private lake why are cops out in boats?
We asked them to be there. Just don't torment us and give buzzed drivers DUI's. I bet they could give 100 DUI's on any given Saturday.

Oh and I like Ray from Cleveland's comment yesterday. Cops catch a lot of criminals by pulling people over for bullshit. Really? Fuck that Ray. How about we have checkpoints like in Palestine? So any criminals will be caught if they are out on the road. Or how about stop and frisk? Ray is right. We need more of a police state. LOL

The problem with your argument is that stop and frisk actually worked. It saved many black lives that would have otherwise been lost. If you don't break any laws on the road, you don't have to worry about getting pulled over. Outside of my job as a truck driver for random inspections, I haven't been pulled over by a cop in over 20 years in my car. How did I accomplish that? Not by being white. I accomplished that by obeying the laws on the road.
Stop and frisk is stopping someone who did not break any laws. They were just walking down the street. Do you approve? Whats the big deal if you don’t have any illegal weapons or drugs. Right?

So. What?

It could be mistaken identity. If somebody committed a serious crime that matches your physical description, the police may confront you to see who you are and where you've been. I remember years ago a cop followed me home on my way back from the bowling alley. When I turned in my driveway, he parked across the street at a store and turned his car facing my house. After he seen me get out of my car with a bowling shirt on carrying my bowling ball, he waited until I unlocked my door and entered my own home.

When I got inside I quickly turned on my police scanner. I didn't get the whole story, but apparently somebody did something wrong that was driving a car almost exactly like mine. I don't know how he knew I wasn't the person in question, but if he did confront me to ask me questions, or ordered me to the ground with my arms up, I would have completely complied.
And it could also be some power tripping ass hole with a grudge.
Before she got with me, my wife dated a couple cops. After we hooked up, I ended up getting pulled over a LOT, and the cops who did always had a really shitty attitude.

So you side with the black guy this one time? ...
I wouldn't expect a typically stupid, racist democrat to understand, but I don't side with or against anyone based on the color of their skin.
You don’t realize you’re doing it but we do
I realize everything I do or do not do. I realize you are just being a lying, misrepresenting troll here. I also realize that trolling here is ALL you do. You wouldn't lift a finger to actually try to make things better. All talk, all trolling.
How many people have said you are a troll? you know you don’t engage normally here.

lots of righty’s here enjoy my thoughtful replies and our debates. Our back and forths.

no one who you disagree with appreciates you. You seem like a horrible person.

So. What?

You can also train the new ones and retrain the old ones.

Super article:

The mentally ill used to get treatment and now they just send cops. Kids used to be taught respect and now it’s cool to be disrespectful.

Supervisors used to back you when you were right but now they accuse you of being wrong in order to appease crazy people.

Parents used to get mad at their kids for getting arrested and now they get mad at us.

The media used to highlight the positive contribution our profession gave to society and now they either ignore it or twist the truth for controversy to line their own pockets.

Great article.

We are throwing away a great asset.

Because of a bunch of ignorant assholes.

While I don't think policing in concept is something we should get rid of

Our police are out of control, and so are their unions

They need to learn some harsh lessons this will be good for them not bad for them.

They treat citizens worse than our soldiers treated Iraqis on average.
And of course Meathead disagreed with you on this. You are correct. Conservatives are stubborn fucks. Until it happens to them of course.

Please do us a favor and go fuck yourself.
Fuck cops. Republicans are so obvious. They want to make this about if you are pro cop or against cops. Well, I'm against cops. At least the current state of the police force. They can't and won't reform themselves. It has to be done from the outside. Remember, they work for us. I'm not against cops. I'm against bad cops. And if you are black, you fear cops. Fuck that. Things have to change.

Let me say it again, fuck cops. They work for us so they do what they are told. They want to quit? Fine! We will find lots of blacks, muslims, latino's who are looking for that kind of salary.

If white cops are racist and can't understand their bias, they need to go.

We need good cops not just bodies. If these meatheads can't get it they need to go. They are public servants. Tax payers pay their salary. If you want you can get a private police force to police your neighbood. Privatize that shit.

Just like I wasn't against the troops I was against the war they were fighting. If the soldiers weren't fighting a war we were lied into I wouldn't be against the troops. And because of my patriotism I am still for MY troops to be successful. I just want to pull them out of that bad situation. Today our police have become militarized and we need to rethink some shit.

Let me give you a great example of how this has happened in the past. There was a time a cop could shoot at a car it was chasing. I believe that is illegal now. At least it is in Michigan. See? We needed to stop cops from being out of control before and we're going to do it again. The ones who can't help but be violoent bullies need to go be bouncers and bodyguards in the private sector.

Most cops are good cops.

Nobody has produced the numbers to justify the bullshit that is going on right now.
Nobody has to justify anything for you pale recessives.

Because you can't.

You just say it's that way...and expect everyone to believe your crap.

You are full of shit and have been from the start.
I dont expect or need you to believe anything. Youre a nobody. It would be like worrying about what a rhesus monkey thought. :)
Do you think black people are going to show up and vote democratic in November or are they going to stay home and let republicans win?

Super article:

The mentally ill used to get treatment and now they just send cops. Kids used to be taught respect and now it’s cool to be disrespectful.

Supervisors used to back you when you were right but now they accuse you of being wrong in order to appease crazy people.

Parents used to get mad at their kids for getting arrested and now they get mad at us.

The media used to highlight the positive contribution our profession gave to society and now they either ignore it or twist the truth for controversy to line their own pockets.

Great article.

While I don't think policing in concept is something we should get rid of

Our police are out of control, and so are their unions

They need to learn some harsh lessons this will be good for them not bad for them.

They treat citizens worse than our soldiers treated Iraqis on average.
And of course Meathead disagreed with you on this. You are correct. Conservatives are stubborn fucks. Until it happens to them of course.

Please do us a favor and go fuck yourself.
Fuck cops. Republicans are so obvious. They want to make this about if you are pro cop or against cops. Well, I'm against cops. At least the current state of the police force. They can't and won't reform themselves. It has to be done from the outside. Remember, they work for us. I'm not against cops. I'm against bad cops. And if you are black, you fear cops. Fuck that. Things have to change.

Let me say it again, fuck cops. They work for us so they do what they are told. They want to quit? Fine! We will find lots of blacks, muslims, latino's who are looking for that kind of salary.

If white cops are racist and can't understand their bias, they need to go.

We need good cops not just bodies. If these meatheads can't get it they need to go. They are public servants. Tax payers pay their salary. If you want you can get a private police force to police your neighbood. Privatize that shit.

Just like I wasn't against the troops I was against the war they were fighting. If the soldiers weren't fighting a war we were lied into I wouldn't be against the troops. And because of my patriotism I am still for MY troops to be successful. I just want to pull them out of that bad situation. Today our police have become militarized and we need to rethink some shit.

Let me give you a great example of how this has happened in the past. There was a time a cop could shoot at a car it was chasing. I believe that is illegal now. At least it is in Michigan. See? We needed to stop cops from being out of control before and we're going to do it again. The ones who can't help but be violoent bullies need to go be bouncers and bodyguards in the private sector.

Most cops are good cops.

Nobody has produced the numbers to justify the bullshit that is going on right now.
Nobody has to justify anything for you pale recessives.

Because you can't.

You just say it's that way...and expect everyone to believe your crap.

You are full of shit and have been from the start.
I dont expect or need you to believe anything. Youre a nobody. It would be like worrying about what a rhesus monkey thought. :)
Do you think black people are going to show up and vote democratic in November or are they going to stay home and let republicans win?
Blacks learned a lesson last election. I expect them to vote and vote big.

So. What?

And it could also be some power tripping ass hole with a grudge.
Before she got with me, my wife dated a couple cops. After we hooked up, I ended up getting pulled over a LOT, and the cops who did always had a really shitty attitude.
I don't think that was a coincidence.

So. What?

You can also train the new ones and retrain the old ones.

And that will stop ALL incidents like this? Don't kid yourself. Like I said, any large group of people will have a few bad apples; it's unavoidable. If black lives really DO matter, then I think the best way to preserve those lives is to teach black people to obey all commands by the police.

So you side with the black guy this one time? ...
I wouldn't expect a typically stupid, racist democrat to understand, but I don't side with or against anyone based on the color of their skin.
You don’t realize you’re doing it but we do
I realize everything I do or do not do. I realize you are just being a lying, misrepresenting troll here. I also realize that trolling here is ALL you do. You wouldn't lift a finger to actually try to make things better. All talk, all trolling.
How many people have said you are a troll? you know you don’t engage normally here.

lots of righty’s here enjoy my thoughtful replies and our debates. Our back and forths.

no one who you disagree with appreciates you. You seem like a horrible person.
1592072640348.png

How am I being ignorant by saying wait until all the investigations and official autopsy come out before making judgement? The cop might be guilty as all hell, and he may not be.

I'll reserve judgments until the official autopsy report is out and we find out what he died from, and if it had anything to do with the cops knee.

Yes, the doctor that did the independent autopsy knows much more about it than anybody here, but his results are suspect given who paid him. That's why an unbiased report needs to come out before I make a decision on right or wrong.

Apparently you were ignorant in not knowing that the autopsy report came out 10 days ago. But anyway, back to these statements of yours.

Now that you know of the autopsy reports, what's your judgement on the situation?

Apparently you didn't know either, otherwise when I said it's not out yet, you would have posted a link.

I would have to hear testimony from the doctors to determine whether or not he's guilty of anything. If on the jury, I would rule out murder. At the worst, it was manslaughter.

I did know. I was the one that let you know of this. Duh.

I assumed you did too and I was going along with the hypothetical question you insisted on.

So you went from "I'll reserve judgments until the official autopsy report is out" to "I would have to hear testimony from the doctors". Nice job contradicting yourself.

...Oh, and like in 5 years no one has died on our lake because someone was drunk. The cop said, "I don't care if you have a beer in your hand just don't be drunk"
Is that how you want the laws enforced on drinking and driving on the highways? How fucking stupid is that?
You wouldn’t understand you don’t have a boat and you’re a square. I’m high on it too. Boat not a car.
Then you should go to jail before your irresponsible behavior harms another boater.
Funny that he seems to think driving a boat impaired is somehow okay.

What an asinine position to hold.

It's the same "oh, isn't it a lark!" bullshit attitude that a lot of people used to take to drunk driving on the highways 40 or 50 years ago. How many people, how many families, were killed because of such fucking assholes? Unfortunately, it is also the attitude that many people who come here from countries 40-50 years behind in cultural development bring with them. No excuse for someone born and raised here to be so fucking stupid and irresponsible.
You’ve never lived on a lake you ignorant little man
I've never lived in Utah either, but I know the law applies there, stupid.
I live on a lake. Private property private lake.

you should also don’t know people in gated communities drive golf carts drunk. You wouldn’t know because they have cops who will pull you over because you don’t belong clearly by how you are dressed and the car you drive which is?

If you live on a private lake why are cops out in boats?
We asked them to be there. Just don't torment us and give buzzed drivers DUI's. I bet they could give 100 DUI's on any given Saturday.

Oh and I like Ray from Cleveland's comment yesterday. Cops catch a lot of criminals by pulling people over for bullshit. Really? Fuck that Ray. How about we have checkpoints like in Palestine? So any criminals will be caught if they are out on the road. Or how about stop and frisk? Ray is right. We need more of a police state. LOL

The problem with your argument is that stop and frisk actually worked. It saved many black lives that would have otherwise been lost. If you don't break any laws on the road, you don't have to worry about getting pulled over. Outside of my job as a truck driver for random inspections, I haven't been pulled over by a cop in over 20 years in my car. How did I accomplish that? Not by being white. I accomplished that by obeying the laws on the road.
Stop and frisk is stopping someone who did not break any laws. They were just walking down the street. Do you approve? Whats the big deal if you don’t have any illegal weapons or drugs. Right?

I think if I lived in an area where people of my race were getting murdered left and right, I would approve. If we are going to try and solve problems in this country, we need to be a little bit flexible.

A few years after 911, one of my tenants complained about getting searched every time he went on a plane. He didn't use air travel often, but when he did, they searched him up and down. He was of Lebanese descent and his wife was white.

I told him to complain to his Congress person, but he said to hell with it. HIs view was there were American solders getting killed in the middle-east by the day. They sacrificed their lives to protect this country. If getting searched helps this country control terrorism, it's the least he could do, especially in light of what our solders do to achieve the same goal. Ironically enough, when his son got to be an adult, he joined the military and served.

Also during that time the Patriot Act was in force. I had a landline, and when my father and I talked, it was often about politics and the wars going on. I could actually hear the volume in my phone decrease on a couple of occasions. I knew it was the government listening in. But I held the same view as my tenant.

The proof is not in and won't be until an official autopsy comes out.

That was the official autopsy. There is no other autopsy scheduled.

I just looked and according to NPR, it is out:

A full autopsy report on George Floyd, the man who died after being restrained by Minneapolis police last month, reveals that he was positive for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The 20-page report also indicates that Floyd had fentanyl and methamphetamine in his system at the time of his death, although the drugs are not listed as the cause.

The autopsy report from Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office concludes the cause of death was "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." That conclusion, death due to heart failure, differs from the one reached by an independent examiner hired by the Floyd family; that report listed the cause of death as "asphyxiation from sustained pressure."

This medical examiner's report does not mention asphyxiation. However, according to prosecutors, in charging documents filed last week, early results "revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation."

So there you have it. Two autopsies that reached different conclusions. So much for my hypothetical.

That was on June 4th. Man you're way behind. Both autopsies are in agreement that it was a homicide. I noticed you cut that part out.

"Floyd's death has been ruled a homicide." Kind of an important detail to leave out. It's ok, I understand why you did that.

They're also just describing the same thing in different ways.

I didn't leave anything out, that's why I provided the link. I wasn't going to copy/paste all of it. In any case, his heart gave out on him. He was loaded with two different illegal narcotics, had the virus, and multiple other medical problems. It will be an interesting defense for the officers.

I read your article as well. Here is what some of it said:

The Hennepin County autopsy may have mentioned factors beyond police conduct, but it was really just saying Floyd’s heart stopped while police were restraining him and pressing on his neck, said Melinek, Carter and Dr. Michael Freeman, professor of forensic medicine and epidemiology at Maastricht University in the Netherlands. It’s not a claim that he died of a heart attack, drugs, or pre-existing conditions, they told me. “The cause of death is police restraint,” Melinek said, just like in the autopsy Floyd’s family commissioned.

Now if you read the entire article, it goes on to say that one specific thing is usually not the cause of death. One thing leads to another. So again, his death was not caused by the kneeling alone. Part of it? Yes, but so were several other things. And they keep mentioning the word "restraint" in the preliminary and final autopsy.

So I think what's going to happen is they are going to drag both of these doctors to court, and ask them if for certain Floyd would be alive today if not for the officer kneeling on his neck? I don't think either could testify that yes he would.

You left this part out: "Floyd's death has been ruled a homicide."

They're perfectly clear on this. The cause of death is police restraint,”

I don't know how much more clear they could make that for you. It's a homicide. The officer killed him. Both autopsy reports agree that this was a homicide. Pretty simple. What part are you confused about?

Here's a Fox News link for you.

"Results released Monday from two separate autopsies declared the May 25 death of George Floyd at the hands of police to be a homicide."

The problem is you think the word homicide is the same as murder. It's really not. Homicide is a death by another person. So there is no doubt it was a homicide. The question is whether it's a murder or not.

In other words, a police officer shoots somebody running at him with a machete. That's ruled a homicide. It was self-defense, and justifiable, but it's still a homicide because the maniac was killed by the police officer.

Duh.

So Chauvin killed him. Homicide. That means he didn't die from a heart attack or drugs or anything else. He died because the officer killed him.

Your theoretical question wasn't based in reality. We already had the answer. It was a homicide. Both autopsy reports concluded that Chauvin killed Floyd.

No they did not. Only the family paid doctor made that assessment. The state assessment was that there was no singular cause for his death. The knee could have contributed, but he could have very well died by simply being restrained.

They both ruled that it was a homicide. Homicide means that one person kills another.

"Results released Monday from two separate autopsies declared the May 25 death of George Floyd at the hands of police to be a homicide."

You: "he could have very well died by simply being restrained."

First, that doesn't even make sense. How does someone die simply by being restrained? Second, that's not what either autopsy report says. Both autopsies say that it's a homicide.

The first one says the cause was "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression.” The second one said asphyxia. Whether we're talking about asphyxia or neck compression, they're both saying the same thing and they're both ruling it as a homicide.

He didn't just magically die while in police custody. He was killed.

How am I being ignorant by saying wait until all the investigations and official autopsy come out before making judgement? The cop might be guilty as all hell, and he may not be.

I'll reserve judgments until the official autopsy report is out and we find out what he died from, and if it had anything to do with the cops knee.

Yes, the doctor that did the independent autopsy knows much more about it than anybody here, but his results are suspect given who paid him. That's why an unbiased report needs to come out before I make a decision on right or wrong.

Apparently you were ignorant in not knowing that the autopsy report came out 10 days ago. But anyway, back to these statements of yours.

Now that you know of the autopsy reports, what's your judgement on the situation?

Apparently you didn't know either, otherwise when I said it's not out yet, you would have posted a link.

I would have to hear testimony from the doctors to determine whether or not he's guilty of anything. If on the jury, I would rule out murder. At the worst, it was manslaughter.

I assumed you did too and I was going along with the hypothetical question you insisted on.

So you went from "I'll reserve judgments until the official autopsy report is out" to "I would have to hear testimony from the doctors". Nice job contradicting yourself.

I'm not contradicting anything. The autopsy report did not conclude that his death was solely attributed to the knee on the neck. With the other complications, it's now up to a judge and jury to hear the doctors views and answer questions by the prosecution and defense. Whatever they decide is what it is.

Super article:

Great article.

No, we are reforming the cops. They need to change. Sorry but they are abusing their power. They need to be retrained and we need to rethink how we go about policing our society.

How about if you catch me speeding just pull up behind me, get my license, flash your lights so I know that I did SOMETHING wrong, then back the fuck away and mail me my god damned ticket. It shouldn't matter if you are a cute blonde or a black brother.

If you catch me selling lose cigarettes give me a ticket to appear in court. Don't choke and arrest and murder me.

Yes, many cops, most cops, are good people. They've just been trained improperly or their training is outdated.

Do we as a society have the right to decide if our police have become too militarized that we can change that?

We don't need to throw out the baby with the bathwater.
Why would anyone who is a "good" person want to be a Police officer these days? It's a thankless and extremely dangerous job and now if you screw up there will be an angry mob demanding that you be put away in prison for the rest of your life!

We need Police and we need good people to become Police officers! What's happening now will only ensure that won't be taking place!

I'm not contradicting anything. The autopsy report did not conclude that his death was solely attributed to the knee on the neck. With the other complications, it's now up to a judge and jury to hear the doctors views and answer questions by the prosecution and defense. Whatever they decide is what it is.

Your first statement: "I'll reserve judgments until the official autopsy report is out"

Your second statement: "I would have to hear testimony from the doctors".

Are those two statements the same? No.

Then it's a contradiction. You contradicted yourself.

Forum List

Back