Corporatism, once again...

What is your opinion on Corporatism?

• I think I know what it means and I don't like it - because corporations are evil.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I think I know what it means and love it - because corporations are awesome!!

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don't know what it means and can't be bothered reading about it. The world is a shiny happy place.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obama and his corporatist slime need to go away.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Ultimately, it is congress and the senate that have screwed us over by passing horrific bills such as the patriot act, Ocare, tarp, immigration, and other assorted travesties.
Because big business told them to.

I'm not denying the collusion that goes on but whose fault is it? Corporations for lobbying? or congress for allowing it to happen through their votes to enact law? Ultimately, who votes to enact law? In my district, 75 percent were against tarp and yet our congressman voted for it. He was thrown out in 2010.

Last edited:
so lets see if I get it. Corporations are inherently evil and government is inherently benevalent. OK.

Now about that swamp land I have for sale for your beachfront condo.

Corps are basically amoral. They will do what suits it's best interest.

If it's cheaper to dump toxins in the ocean and pay the fines over taking care of it properly, it will do so.

Same goes for unions, except unions are parasites that will kill off the host.

both will cooperate to keep small biz down. One doesn't want the competition and the other can't feast off something that is small.

I wish there was another word for it. It's actually a form of fascism. But fascism is even more inflammatory and misunderstood than 'corporatism'. Maybe we should mint a replacement term here on this very site.

I really get why it's confusing. People hear the word and assume they know what it means - because "Hey, I know about corporations. What else is there to know?" But I'd really expect a little more curiosity and research here. I mean it is, nominally, a political discussion board. Is it so hard to look up the terms we use?

people working together annoys you?

well, groups working in together is a tad more accurate.

but I can see why people assume it's about big biz and government.

Nice. Someone is paying attention.

No, it's not groups working together that annoys me. It's government catering to the interests of those groups rather than protecting all of our rights equally.

I'm not denying the collusion that goes on but whose fault is it? Corporations for lobbying? or congress for allowing it to happen through their votes to enact law? Ultimately, who votes to enact law? In my district, 75 percent were against tarp and yet our congressman voted for it. He was thrown out in 2010.
Well, if you really want to know the truth, it's us. We're to blame. You, me and every American 18 and older that is elligible to vote. It's our fault for letting things get to this point.

Doesn't matter how much money special interest throws at politicians, they still can't stuff the ballot box. If American voters would just realize that it's not about left vs right, or liberal vs conservative, there will be change in this country, guaranteed.

Whether we like it or not, we're responsible for everything our government does. So with that being said, I think we should just vote out every incumbant, every election, until we get our representation back. Elected officials need to realize, that if they insist on being corporate whores, then they're just one term and out!

are you really that dumb? which corporations by name told congress to pass the patriot act? which ones by name told congress to pass obozocare, tarp, and amnesty?
Blackwater, Hillaburton, General Dynamics, Lockeed Martin and a whole slew of defense and private security contractors that have been hired since 9/11.

Did you not notice the furor over the Citizens United verdict? Corporations don't dish out that money without something in return. In fact, it's gotten so ridiculous, that I think members of Congress should dress like NASCAR drivers, to show us who they're beholding to.

I wish there was another word for it. It's actually a form of fascism. But fascism is even more inflammatory and misunderstood than 'corporatism'. Maybe we should mint a replacement term here on this very site.

I really get why it's confusing. People hear the word and assume they know what it means - because "Hey, I know about corporations. What else is there to know?" But I'd really expect a little more curiosity and research here. I mean it is, nominally, a political discussion board. Is it so hard to look up the terms we use?

people working together annoys you?

well, groups working in together is a tad more accurate.

but I can see why people assume it's about big biz and government.

Nice. Someone is paying attention.

No, it's not groups working together that annoys me. It's government catering to the interests of those groups rather than protecting all of our rights equally.

they way it's used I had to look it up b/c I thought I was wrong.

aside from that, as they say

Money talks

corps
banks
union
very, very wealthy individuals
media

are you really that dumb? which corporations by name told congress to pass the patriot act? which ones by name told congress to pass obozocare, tarp, and amnesty?
Blackwater, Hillaburton, General Dynamics, Lockeed Martin and a whole slew of defense and private security contractors that have been hired since 9/11.

Did you not notice the furor over the Citizens United verdict? Corporations don't dish out that money without something in return. In fact, it's gotten so ridiculous, that I think members of Congress should dress like NASCAR drivers, to show us who they're beholding to.

Microsoft
“ $387,395 „

University of California
“ $330,258 „

DLA Piper
“ $306,727 „

Google
“ $271,300 „

Sidley Austin LLP
“ $257,296 „

Harvard University
“ $232,158 „

Comcast Corp
“ $201,606 „

Stanford University
“ $187,290 „

Time Warner
“ $178,164 „

Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
“ $169,753 „

United States Department of State
“ $147,917 „

National Amusements Inc
“ $138,955 „

Morgan & Morgan
“ $135,145 „

Columbia University
“ $134,497 „

Kaiser Permanente
$132,257 „

Wells Fargo
“ $127,807 „

University of Chicago
“ $127,507 „

WilmerHale LLP
“ $117,661 „

Kirkland & Ellis LLP
“ $113,770

:lol:

Ultimately, it is congress and the senate that have screwed us over by passing horrific bills such as the patriot act, Ocare, tarp, immigration, and other assorted travesties.
Because big business told them to.

That's the thing. Without government involvement in the economic matters, wealthy interests have very little motive to collude with government. ie if we passed a Constitutional amendment prohibiting government from making laws that benefit specific groups and companies economically, or otherwise manipulating the economy, the problem will go away. The alternative, actually increasing government's ability to decide winners and losers in the economy will do the reverse, and create even more of the collusion in question.

In any case, the collusion is only a side effect of corporatism. Most of you still don't seem to be getting this. Corporatism is a mode of government and is irrespective of economic system. It can exist in a completely communistic society with no private wealth at all, with no 'corporations' (in the modern sense of incorporated businesses). Corporatism would be more property characterized as 'special interest politics' than as 'corporate/government collusion'.

Corporate collusion with government is a result of corporatism, not the cause.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back