Corps don't pay taxes, their customers do...Blah Blah Blah

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
We all heard this Republican pile of horseshit:

"Corporations don't pay taxes, their customers do."

We also heard this crock:

" Raising taxes on corporations will just raise prices"

That one mostly in arguments about extraction taxes for fossil fuels and oil subsidies or any tax on business.

With "The Donald J Trump Greatest Tax Cut In History" aka "Middle Class get Fucked so rich people get more money" Bill, the corporate tax cut rate gets slashed.

So, we should all see prices fall.

Do you think it will start today? January 1st?

I quit buying all non essentials weeks ago in anticipation. Just curious as to how long I need to wait.

Can someone explain that since a corporation's taxes are paid by customers and the tax rate is then cut to 20% & customers pay that twenty percent, how do corporations get more money for this mythical investment & hiring?

That one mostly in arguments about extraction taxes for fossil fuels and oil subsidies or any tax on business.

With "The Donald J Trump Greatest Tax Cut In History" aka "Middle Class get Fucked so rich people get more money" Bill, the corporate tax cut rate gets slashed.

I quit buying all non essentials weeks ago in anticipation. Just curious as to how long I need to wait.

Can someone explain that since a corporation's taxes are paid by customers and the tax rate is then cut to 20% & customers pay that twenty percent, how do corporations get more money for this mythical investment & hiring?

Support a national sales tax on finished products, that way everyone knows right of the bat how much they spend in taxes.

Corporations will make their $$ somehow, and if you tax them more they will figure out a way to keep making it, either by cutting staff, raising prices, or cutting quality.

Support a national sales tax on finished products, that way everyone knows right of the bat how much they spend in taxes.

Corporations will make their $$ somehow, and if you tax them more they will figure out a way to keep making it, either by cutting staff, raising prices, or cutting quality.

Make those that live check to check pay tax on 100% of their money while wealthy people pay on less than 20%. Yep, that's fair.

Make those that live check to check pay tax on 100% of their money while wealthy people pay on less than 20%. Yep, that's fair.

How do they pay tax on 100% of their money with the increased Standard deduction?

Why should you care?
Maybe Democrats should have bothered with taxes when they had a super majority instead of destroying the healthcare system, eh?
GE, Obama's buddies, didn't pay taxes in the Obama Error, why is that?

The Fair Tax legislation that has gone nowhere has me scared of any mention of a national sales tax, even a reasonable one such as you propose.

Why should you care?
Maybe Democrats should have bothered with taxes when they had a super majority instead of destroying the healthcare system, eh?

They did dipshit when they had to pass the ARRA to fix the mess that Bush & your Republicans left behind.

How do they pay tax on 100% of their money with the increased Standard deduction?

Follow the thread. You wanted to change to a national sales tax.

Are you senile?

Why should you care?

They did dipshit when they had to pass the ARRA to fix the mess that Bush & your Republicans left behind.
That why Obama’s buddy GE paid no taxes during his reign of terror?

Why do they live pay check to pay check?

Oh yeah they vote for Democrats

Are you senile?

Only if the income tax is repealed at the federal level.

You lost this argument today.

#realnews

Lol
You sound like a bitch in heat...

Sales taxes are regressive and, thus, tax the poor to the benefit of those who aren't.

You lost this argument today.

#realnews

Really, where is the counter argument?

Are you senile?

Only if the income tax is repealed at the federal level.

When you suggest we go to a National Sales tax that is in place of the current system, right? Do you know what you post?

Why do they live pay check to pay check?

Oh yeah they vote for Democrats

So, you think no Republicans live check to check?

Families living under the median income live check to check., A lot of retirees live check to check. Go visit some red states. You know, the States that get more fed dollars than they contribute.

Why should you care?

Their financial division lost lots of money in the Great Bush Recession.

Not much of an accountant are you.

Prices fall or increased wages. Either way, it’s a win for the consumer.

But we know you don’t give a rip, so there’s that

Why should you care?

Their financial division lost lots of money in the Great Bush Recession.

Not much of an accountant are you.
Justifying why huge corporations that make billions pay no taxes, hilarious.

General Electric Avoids Taxes By Keeping $108 Billion Overseas
General Electric Avoids Taxes By Keeping $108 Billion Overseas | HuffPost

Forum List

Back