Could not have stated this better

Trump's great tariff gamble - WND

We have been looted by cartel capitalism for decades (so called free trade, nothing free about it) and Trump is the 1st President with any guts to do something about it.

He could do a lot more, but he's already done more than any Democrat would be bothered to do. Both Hillary and Obama wouldn't be caught dead going against Wall Street or their BFF Red China.

We have been looted by cartel capitalism for decades (so called free trade, nothing free about it) and Trump is the 1st President with any guts to do something about it.

He could do a lot more, but he's already done more than any Democrat would be bothered to do. Both Hillary and Obama wouldn't be caught dead going against Wall Street or their BFF Red China.
Trump is the first president that doesn't need K-street cash. Trump can simply do what's best for the people without worrying about the financial backlash of Wall Street. You would think that the "Occupy Wall Street" crowd would be more supportive. The establishment of both parties hate Trump's new populist movement. They prefer the old days where lobbyist cash talks and bullshit walks. OTOH Trump still has a lot of work to do to bring China to heel without crashing the economy.
But I agree with the OP that Trump has been outstanding so far, and hope he continues to bring jobs back and wins the trade wars.

Last edited:
How in the hell is "free trade" a democrat thing now? Progressives have always been the greatest foe of the business model that sends jobs out of the country, republicans it's most steadfast champion. They engineered it all just to spite labor unions, was it worth it republicans?

Blaming industry and government for providing and facilitating goods Americans want to buy is like blaming the gun instead of the gunman. Consumers want cheap goods and largely don’t care if it comes from Chicago or China. Manufacturers take their cue from the consumers. Trump was one of those manufacturers.

The OP is moronic

How in the hell is "free trade" a democrat thing now? Progressives have always been the greatest foe of the business model that sends jobs out of the country, republicans it's most steadfast champion. They engineered it all just to spite labor unions, was it worth it republicans?

I was a fan of outsourcing jobs since the unions were being ridiculous with their demands. If the business needs to move to stay profitable, so what? Unions are what killed the manufacturing sector. Now we have "right to work" states that protect businesses from union extortion.

The solution to a lack of free trade is less free trade? Where does tariff's fit into "free trade"? "

China has no market for $80k trucks. They should take them anyway? They took our commodities which were the only thing we have that they need. Now they don't even buy that.

"Free trade" does not mean that if we buy something from you, you must buy something from us. If Trump wants the U.S. companies that went to China to return, tax the hell out of them.

Blaming industry and government for providing and facilitating goods Americans want to buy is like blaming the gun instead of the gunman. Consumers want cheap goods and largely don’t care if it comes from Chicago or China. Manufacturers take their cue from the consumers. Trump was one of those manufacturers.

The OP is moronic

The OP is correct in that the US needs a healthy manufacturing sector.
Trump is strengthening the manufacturing sector, that was victimized by crooked pols who were bought off by K-street cash, and admins who allowed stupid trade deals.
Please tell me if you support unfair trade practices.

Trump is the first president that doesn't need K-street cash. Trump can simply do what's best for the people without worrying about the financial backlash of Wall Street. You would think that the "Occupy Wall Street" crowd would be more supportive. The establishment of both parties hate Trump's new populist movement. They prefer the old days where lobbyist cash talks and bullshit walks. OTOH Trump still has a lot of work to do to bring China to heel without crashing the economy.
But I agree with the OP that Trump has been outstanding so far, and hope he continues to bring jobs back and wins the trade wars.
Trump is creating an economic crisis where none exists

The OP is moronic

The OP is correct in that the US needs a healthy manufacturing sector.
Trump is strengthening the manufacturing sector, that was victimized by crooked pols who were bought off by K-street cash, and admins who allowed stupid trade deals.
Please tell me if you support unfair trade practices.

This is the same guy who had his cheap crap made in China? He’s supporting their manufacturing sector not ours. Please tell me you’re smarter than this...there is no proof otherwise

......and these other countries are not letting in hundreds of thousands of immigrants/etc per YEAR---so it's even more unfair/etc

1. Trump is going to get a fair trade deal with China or add tariffs until he gets a fair trade deal. China is a currency manipulator, intellectual property stealer, fentanyl producer, subsidizing steel dumper, with a $500b trade surplus with the US. Even Schumer and Pelosi are cheering Trump on to get a better trade deal.
Addressing China’s Trade Practices

2. You are correct that no "economic crisis" exists.

Wow...that is entirely too much stupidity to absorb so early in the morning.

The OP is moronic
You stupid ass liberals do blame the guns and not the shooter. Unless you're a cop.
68786982_2326447144236848_3581909429584396288_n.jpg

1. Trump is going to get a fair trade deal with China or add tariffs until he gets a fair trade deal. China is a currency manipulator, intellectual property stealer, fentanyl producer, subsidizing steel dumper, with a $500b trade surplus with the US. Even Schumer and Pelosi are cheering Trump on to get a better trade deal.
Addressing China’s Trade Practices

2. You are correct that no "economic crisis" exists.
Trump is already backing down

He will be lucky to get back what we lost

The OP is moronic
You stupid ass liberals do blame the guns and not the shooter. Unless you're a cop.View attachment 274758

Are you comparing what a cop does to what a mass murderer does?

The OP is moronic
You stupid ass liberals do blame the guns and not the shooter. Unless you're a cop.View attachment 274758

Are you comparing what a cop does to what a mass murderer does?
I'm comparing liberals blame the gun on mass shootings. But blame the cop when they defend their life. Nice deflection though.

Informative OP, in that for me the linked article confirmed that Pat Buchanan was still alive.

I agree with Buchanan's assessment of Joe Biden, the Democratic field and his assessment of free trade. My disappointment in the article was the lack of opinion whether tariffs are our best weapon? I don't have faith in tariffs. I did have hope that the corporate tax cuts would help bring industry home but I now admit I was mistaken there. Looking back I wish they had taken a bigger carrot and stick approach in terms of separate corporate tax rates for profits on domestic and imported goods.

FACT
1) Strongest economy in the world for decades - America
2) Post WW II, America slowly began the process of allowing the world to invest in our economy free of charge.
3) By the 80's - this had morphed into America actually acting against it's own interest in favor of the investment markets to allow all comers into our economy not only at no cost, but we began paying them to do so via share investments.
4) 100,000's of factories closed in America as sharholders demanded CEO's to move labor off shore and import their products rather than produce them.

No one, and most certainly not Obama has done one fucking thing to stop these practices.
At least Trump is trying what he can to get America to begin looking out for it's own interest. BUT.... Orange man bad so it is therefore a terrible thing.

Forum List

Back