Could we claim illegal discrimination at a gay bar?

I suppose you could since service can't be refused for any reason.

Actually, service can be refused for any reason at all other than those specifically described in that state's public accommodation laws.
:lol:

No, a leftist will cry and the left will come to the defense.

There are no property rights anymore

It's amazing how you guys think just making up bullshit hypotheticals is a legitimate argument.
until last year if someone didn't want to provide a service for any reason they could.

now their accounts get seized

not hypothetical at all, since it now happens.

People live in fear of offending some leftist thanks to people like you.

You are so wrong it makes my head ache.
What's right about fucking people over for not wanting to provide a service?

do you really want something from someone that was forced to give it to you?

Actually, service can be refused for any reason at all other than those specifically described in that state's public accommodation laws.

It's amazing how you guys think just making up bullshit hypotheticals is a legitimate argument.
until last year if someone didn't want to provide a service for any reason they could.

No, public accommodation laws didn't appear out of nowhere last year. They've existed for decades, and countless businesses around the country have been fined for racial or religious discrimination under those same laws, and long before "last year".

Heart of Atlanta Motel, Inc. v. United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only difference is that in this case, you agree with the discrimination.
I support property rights of the owners, you don't.

You support forced coexistence.

I don't believe I've made any statements either in support of public accommodation laws, or against them. Are you claiming some sort of psychic ability?

I've never heard of a gay bar refusing someone in because of their sexual orientation. Gay bars get a lot of straight people in their bars.
That may be true, or not, but isn't the point. It's a hypothetical question given recent rulings. Should they be allowed to refuse a man/woman couple?
Why would they?
Why wouldn't homosexuals get their cake where is was welcomed business? I can't answer for either scenario.

Do you declare your sexuality everywhere you shop? That must make for some interesting conversations.
You are obfuscating the point. But that's why I used "heterosexual couple" as the example. I think y'all know there's a double standard.

No, public accommodation laws didn't appear out of nowhere last year. They've existed for decades, and countless businesses around the country have been fined for racial or religious discrimination under those same laws, and long before "last year".

Heart of Atlanta Motel, Inc. v. United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't believe I've made any statements either in support of public accommodation laws, or against them. Are you claiming some sort of psychic ability?
Are you saying you support the right to refuse service for any reason b/c it's private property?

careful with your answer, one means you support Constitution and another means you support liberal gibberish.

Are you saying you support the right to refuse service for any reason b/c it's private property?

careful with your answer, one means you support Constitution and another means you support liberal gibberish.

I'm not sure of my position.

But if you think I care whether you label me as a supporter of "Constitution" or "liberal gibberish", you're sadly mistaken.

Could I sue for damages a gay bar that refused to let heterosexuals in? We already are Suing bakeries who won't bake cakes for someone.

Gay bars will not refuse you service for not being gay. In fact, I've known women who've had their bachelorette parties at gay male bars so they wouldn't have to deal with being hit on by guys all night long.

Could I sue for damages a gay bar that refused to let heterosexuals in? We already are Suing bakeries who won't bake cakes for someone.

Gay bars will not refuse you service for not being gay. In fact, I've known women who've had their bachelorette parties at gay male bars so they wouldn't have to deal with being hit on by guys all night long.
No offense, but that sounds like a load of horseshit.

I've actually known two different bridal parties here in Vegas who have done that. It's more common than you think. They say they have fun with the gay guys and they don't have to worry about them trying to take them home.

Poor poor baby.

It is amazing the stuff people who have never had the occasion to be at a gay bar will tell everyone about what gay bars will and will not do.

As a straight man, I have watched football games at gay bars with friends and no one cared that I was straight. The only issue was that my ass was occasionally grabbed- which my wife thought was hilarious- she told me now I know what it is like for a woman to be at a straight bar.

I've actually known two different bridal parties here in Vegas who have done that. It's more common than you think. They say they have fun with the gay guys and they don't have to worry about them trying to take them home.

Not just bridal parties, I've known many women who go to gay bars often, for the same reasons you've mentioned. I've accompanied female friends to gay bars many times, and in my single days I've even gone home with women I met at gay bars.

I've never heard of a gay bar refusing someone in because of their sexual orientation. Gay bars get a lot of straight people in their bars.
That may be true, or not, but isn't the point. It's a hypothetical question given recent rulings. Should they be allowed to refuse a man/woman couple?
Why would they?
Why wouldn't homosexuals get their cake where is was welcomed business? I can't answer for either scenario.

Do you declare your sexuality everywhere you shop? That must make for some interesting conversations.
You are obfuscating the point. But that's why I used "heterosexual couple" as the example. I think y'all know there's a double standard.

In some backward regions of the country, yes. Q.v. Kim Davis. But those double standards are being called out and dealt with step by step.

Never heard of a gay bar banning heterosexuals. Or a straight bar banning homosexuals. What do the bouncers do when folks walk in? Ask them which way they prefer? Jeez.

Meanwhile...gay bars are AWESOME! Haven't you ever been to one? You don't know what yer missing. Especially if they have a drag queen contest going on, onstage. LOVE it.

Well this thread is a major fail.

"What if gays did bla bla bla "

"Uhhh they can't , and don't"

Poor poor baby.
so you support the epa forcing private owners to make changes to their property even after courts of told the epa to stop.

I'm a poor baby b/c I support freedom, pfft. useless subhuman

In some places, straight women will sometimes go to gay bars that have a dance floor so that they can relax and dance and have a good time without being harassed by drunken mouth-breathing straight men.
That is absolutely the truth. And the girls there are pretty and smart. When I went to College, I went out with gay friends and met girls a couple of times. The girls don't know you aren't gay so they talk loose and relaxed. You can joke and laugh without barriers. When they ask about your boyfriend, you just say "I'm not gay. My friends are. I like to hang out with them because they are really nice people and I always have a good time. Next thing you know, the girl is saying the same thing and you find out you have something in common.
The funny part are the number of guys who think they are irresistible to gays. If girls don't want you, neither do gays.

Why would they?

In some backward regions of the country, yes. Q.v. Kim Davis. But those double standards are being called out and dealt with step by step.
Which proves it isn't a Constitutional matter. Thanks!

Where do you live, that the gay bars refuse to let heteros in?

The ones around here do a huge business in straights. One of my favorite places to go for Sunday brunch is a gay bar on the NW side of town. They have an enclosed patio, set out a gorgeous buffet, and have a drag show while everyone eats. They make a great bloody Mary. Too bad they only have it once a month.

I've never heard of a gay bar that discriminated against hetero's, only homophobes.

It is a hypothetical situation. What happens if so many normal people attend one of these bars that it drives away the homos. The bar owner then enacts a policy that bans straights. Would we be able to sue?

Okay, and why would it drive away the gays? The owners can and do enact and enforce policies of not being harassing and unpleasant, same as any other business. I've never noticed the gays minding the company of straights, as long as everyone's pleasant.

Forum List

Back