🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Could You Combat Vets Pls Educate The People Who Say We Haven't Been At War Since W W 2?

3rd generation squid and proud of it thank you very much.
Tin can man
NLT, this would be a great book for you:

The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors: The Extraordinary World War II Story of the U.S. Navy's Finest Hour

by James D. Hornfischer
Come on sunni, I have read damn near every book about the USN, tin cans, naval history that has been published, what the hell do you think we did on what little free time we had at sea before xbox and the internet? ...
Thanks

Yes he died writing the last book after blue at the mizzen. If you like naval fiction these are the best.

3rd generation squid and proud of it thank you very much.
Tin can man
NLT, this would be a great book for you:

The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors: The Extraordinary World War II Story of the U.S. Navy's Finest Hour

by James D. Hornfischer
Come on sunni, I have read damn near every book about the USN, tin cans, naval history that has been published, what the hell do you think we did on what little free time we had at sea before xbox and the internet? ...
Thanks

invented butt fucking

LOL a little interservice humor there folks. Grandfather proud petty officer USN 1941-1945

Its called sodomy and the brits invented it and why do you think a goat is the navy mascot

NLT I have one natural son who's 22 and an adopted son who's 22 they are both also proud members of the Army. like me, they thank you and your family for always getting the fighters to the fight.

:D

Yes he died writing the last book after blue at the mizzen. If you like naval fiction these are the best.
i keep meaning to give them a shot. wouldn't say i'm an overly huge fan of naval fiction, but i do enjoy historical fiction.

but i don't know... an unended series.... i need closure. hell, i even read those awful brian herbert and kevin andersen Dune books just to get closure.

A number of members have posted this in some of the serious threads on this Board. When asked how all these vets received missing limbs over the past few decades, the problem with the word game goes over their heads.

There's the academic and political wording, and then there's reality.

Any Vets or others care to help educate them?

Who says that? Specifically.

i keep meaning to give them a shot. wouldn't say i'm an overly huge fan of naval fiction, but i do enjoy historical fiction.

but i don't know... an unended series.... i need closure. hell, i even read those awful brian herbert and kevin andersen Dune books just to get closure.
It is Naval fiction about the Napoleonic wars, the author was a Naval historian it is pretty factual to the times. The last complete Novel does a good job tying up the ends when Jack gets his Admiral of the blue in the end.

Last edited:
Combat is war.

US Army 1988 - Sep 22 2014 (almost here)
so what's next?

Not sure yet. Have business interests that are thankfully making money so no need to rush out and find a job, and honestly I probably won't. I'm actually being retired on a disability, but it's just a trick knee, nothing that would prevent me from doing anything and I get nothing extra for it (nor do I want anything extra) that's just the offiial reason for my retirement. Truth is I just got tired of it. Forty three is too old to be breaking up bar fights, and I can't sit behind a desk, so...........

Combat is war.

US Army 1988 - Sep 22 2014 (almost here)
so what's next?

Not sure yet. Have business interests that are thankfully making money so no need to rush out and find a job, and honestly I probably won't. I'm actually being retired on a disability, but it's just a trick knee, nothing that would prevent me from doing anything and I get nothing extra for it (nor do I want anything extra) that's just the offiial reason for my retirement. Truth is I just got tired of it. Forty three is too old to be breaking up bar fights, and I can't sit behind a desk, so...........
can you get a job as a civvie doing what you did in the army, alot of my retired friends are doing what they did in the military for the military as civilians

Forum List

Back