🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Could You Combat Vets Pls Educate The People Who Say We Haven't Been At War Since W W 2?

Combat is war.

US Army 1988 - Sep 22 2014 (almost here)
in the common vernacular anyhow

In the vernacular of your opinion and $4 will buy you a Starbucks coffee if you haven't been in combat.
amazing... that's exactly what $4, an opinion, and having been in combat will get someone.

I love when a lib reveals their disrespect for Veterans, especially combat Vets.

Putting semantics aside, we have been in 5 wars since ww2. We haven't "won" any of them. Maybe it's time for a General to be president...or better yet a SEAL...we need to relearn the art of killing.

Hey you need to send Ryan Zinke some money then...he's running for Congress in Montana....SEAL Team 6 commander...

3rd generation squid and proud of it thank you very much.
Tin can man
NLT, this would be a great book for you:

The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors: The Extraordinary World War II Story of the U.S. Navy's Finest Hour

by James D. Hornfischer
Come on sunni, I have read damn near every book about the USN, tin cans, naval history that has been published, what the hell do you think we did on what little free time we had at sea before xbox and the internet? ...
Thanks
I have read all of Kieth Douglas's and Patrick Robinson books even tho' I was Air Force. I did sail from Morehead City, NC to Rota Spain on the USS Iwo Jima as a civilian tech rep. Makes me a little bit sa
Yes he died writing the last book after blue at the mizzen. If you like naval fiction these are the best.

I have read all of Kieth Douglas's and Patrick Robinson books even tho' I was Air Force. I did sail from Morehead City, NC to Rota Spain on the USS Iwo Jima as a civilian tech rep. Makes me a little bit salty and an admirer of the professionalism of the Sailors.

Combat is war.

so what's next?

Not sure yet. Have business interests that are thankfully making money so no need to rush out and find a job, and honestly I probably won't. I'm actually being retired on a disability, but it's just a trick knee, nothing that would prevent me from doing anything and I get nothing extra for it (nor do I want anything extra) that's just the offiial reason for my retirement. Truth is I just got tired of it. Forty three is too old to be breaking up bar fights, and I can't sit behind a desk, so...........
can you get a job as a civvie doing what you did in the army, alot of my retired friends are doing what they did in the military for the military as civilians

Eh, I could get hired as an FBI agent or a US Marshal by the end of business tomorrow if I wanted.

I don't want. I've had enough of chasing bad guys , making arrests, investigating, blah. I think I might go drink beer and play golf tomorrow

I know that the Korean war was called a "police action". (my father's war)

And that Vietnam war was called a "conflict". (my war)

Not sure about the other ones. ...... :cool:

It's so obvious to see who the libs on this thread are. It's the ones showing so little understanding of the real world, the front lines, war, combat.....
If your comment is directed at me.......you are way off base. ...... :cool:

Combat is war.

so what's next?

Not sure yet. Have business interests that are thankfully making money so no need to rush out and find a job, and honestly I probably won't. I'm actually being retired on a disability, but it's just a trick knee, nothing that would prevent me from doing anything and I get nothing extra for it (nor do I want anything extra) that's just the offiial reason for my retirement. Truth is I just got tired of it. Forty three is too old to be breaking up bar fights, and I can't sit behind a desk, so...........
i have a friend retiring in march. bastard got on with the state department, he'll be working in some embassy somewhere :)
what was your mos?

Combat is war.

so what's next?

can you get a job as a civvie doing what you did in the army, alot of my retired friends are doing what they did in the military for the military as civilians

Eh, I could get hired as an FBI agent or a US Marshal by the end of business tomorrow if I wanted.

I don't want. I've had enough of chasing bad guys , making arrests, investigating, blah. I think I might go drink beer and play golf tomorrow
How about CID or NIS

Combat is war.

in the common vernacular anyhow

In the vernacular of your opinion and $4 will buy you a Starbucks coffee if you haven't been in combat.
amazing... that's exactly what $4, an opinion, and having been in combat will get someone.

I love when a lib reveals their disrespect for Veterans, especially combat Vets.
you really think that was disrespect?

Combat is war.

so what's next?

i have a friend retiring in march. bastard got on with the state department, he'll be working in some embassy somewhere :)
what was your mos?

31A - Military Police

I hold the rank of LTC which is the equivalent of a GS-14. Getting a job is no problem. Wanting one however? Nah.

Putting semantics aside, we have been in 5 wars since ww2. We haven't "won" any of them. Maybe it's time for a General to be president...or better yet a SEAL...we need to relearn the art of killing.

Did you say you wanted a Navy SEAL?

Look no further.

Published on May 19, 2014

Remarks by Naval Adm. William H. McRaven, BJ '77, ninth commander of U.S.Special Operations Command, Texas Exes Life Member, and Distinguished Alumnus.

University-Wide Commencement

The University of Texas at Austin, May 17, 2014.

Combat is war.

so what's next?

what was your mos?

31A - Military Police

I hold the rank of LTC which is the equivalent of a GS-14. Getting a job is no problem. Wanting one however? Nah.
that's what my wife is too, well not the O5 thing, just an O3 right now.

and you may not want a job, but you wouldn't have to put a whole lot of time in at a federal position and you could end up with two comfy retirement checks.
i mean retirement might sound nice now, but somehow i'd wager you'll get bored.

Did you say you wanted a Navy SEAL?

Look no further.

Published on May 19, 2014

Remarks by Naval Adm. William H. McRaven, BJ '77, ninth commander of U.S.Special Operations Command, Texas Exes Life Member, and Distinguished Alumnus.

University-Wide Commencement

The University of Texas at Austin, May 17, 2014.

Saw that. Willing to overlook he's a longhorn...good man.

Combat is war.

so what's next?

what was your mos?

31A - Military Police

and you may not want a job, but you wouldn't have to put a whole lot of time in at a federal position and you could end up with two comfy retirement checks.

True, in six months I could change my mind. For now.......

Combat is war.

so what's next?

what was your mos?

31A - Military Police

I've been retired 05 since 1987... Never worked since...never bored. My son retired 05... Now a GS 14...bitches like hell about the bureaucratic stupidity...I avoided all that by marrying a woman that hates to spend money. Just a hint......

It's so obvious to see who the libs on this thread are. It's the ones showing so little understanding of the real world, the front lines, war, combat.....

Sorry, I thought I was blasting someone else on here....

In fact let me go delete that, LOL...sorry SunniMan

A number of members have posted this in some of the serious threads on this Board. When asked how all these vets received missing limbs over the past few decades, the problem with the word game goes over their heads.

There's the academic and political wording, and then there's reality.
Any Vets or others care to help educate them?
There is no "reality" for words. War is a legal term, but also a casual term for conflict between political entities. Or, in The Godfather, violent combat between criminal organizations. All uses are correct, depending on context.
So no we have not been in a declared war since 1945, but we have been in several conflicts that fit a less technical description.

So, everyone is right.

And, yes, I'm a vet, Active and Reserves, 1988-2015.

Btw, I notice you show the "official name" and the real world name to the right. Notice how you called police actions and conflicts "wars?"

Mission accomplished to those who don't think Vets call them wars. :)

Forum List

Back