Court upholds a persons right to legally resist an illegal arrest.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
An interesting note in another ruling against the police. I have often argued it is legal to resist an illegal arrest. The judge clearly notes this is fact.

Ellis also said it's settled law that, based on rulings from the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, that individuals are within their rights to resist an unlawful arrest, and that any force used to effectuate a false arrest is by definition excessive force.

Landlord gets $50K after deputies use Taser in false arrest

An interesting note in another ruling against the police. I have often argued it is legal to resist an illegal arrest. The judge clearly notes this is fact.

Ellis also said it's settled law that, based on rulings from the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, that individuals are within their rights to resist an unlawful arrest, and that any force used to effectuate a false arrest is by definition excessive force.

if youre going to resist you better make sure youre right,,

Yeah, cop pulls you over, you go ahead and 'resist'......dummy. :cuckoo:

You can address what is actually claimed or mindlessly rant. I know which way you will go.
I did, I presented a scenario based on your op. How does resisting arrest work in your mind? You said it's OK to resist an illegal arrest. You can spout all the legalize you want when the cop pulls you over but, at that point he is the law. Not you. Take the ticket, go to court and claim innocence, that's the way it works.

RobberCop_n.jpg

I did, I presented a scenario based on your op.

No you didn't. You presented a vague general situation. I never claimed you can resist any and all arrests. But you know this.

How does resisting arrest work in your mind? You said it's OK to resist an illegal arrest. You can spout all the legalize you want when the cop pulls you over but, at that point he is the law. Not you. Take the ticket, go to court and claim innocence, that's the way it works.

No.

if youre going to resist you better make sure youre right,,
You had best not resist, but stand your ground in front of a judge. Cops may not tase you, they may blow you away. Whether right or wrong, you may be just as dead.

Okay....so if the cops come to my house I can blow their brains out now......?

Or is this only for black people?

Forum List

Back