Court upholds a persons right to legally resist an illegal arrest.

An interesting note in another ruling against the police. I have often argued it is legal to resist an illegal arrest. The judge clearly notes this is fact.

Ellis also said it's settled law that, based on rulings from the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, that individuals are within their rights to resist an unlawful arrest, and that any force used to effectuate a false arrest is by definition excessive force.

Landlord gets $50K after deputies use Taser in false arrest

~~~~~~
Who determines what is a lawful or unlawful arrest at the time of arrest?

No, it's for everyone BUT again, I have no desire to further address your dishonest replies.
No....I'm just asking a valid question.
Peers that black people can get away with murder....and if they die resisting arrest they'll riot and later throw a party for them.....maybe pay their family as few million dollars.....and if they're lucky....Al Fucking Sharpton will have the government buy them a golden coffin to bury them in.

if they pull you over you are under arrest,,,

he resisted and it was determined they were wrong and walked away,,
No that is false. You are legally detained until they officially arrest you and they have to have good reason. They did not have a good reason in that video.

An interesting note in another ruling against the police. I have often argued it is legal to resist an illegal arrest. The judge clearly notes this is fact.

Ellis also said it's settled law that, based on rulings from the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, that individuals are within their rights to resist an unlawful arrest, and that any force used to effectuate a false arrest is by definition excessive force.

Sure, legally resist an illegal arrest and end up with five bullets in chest.

As a Canadian lawyer told me about confronting Canada creepy police state, forcing the upholding of our Charter of Rights, "great in theory".

No that is false. You are legally detained until they officially arrest you and they have to have good reason. They did not have a good reason in that video.
wrong,, they have to have a good reason to pull you over which means you violated a law and are under arrest,,

they cant pull you over for suspicion or any other reason,,,

Sure, legally resist an illegal arrest and end up with five bullets in chest.

As a Canadian lawyer told me about confronting Canada creepy police state, forcing the upholding of our Charter of Rights, "great in theory".

We have begun to hold the police accountable to the same laws they are supposed to support. I can't speak on Canada.

Trump's Secret Service should have thwarted Garland's Illegal Search

We have begun to hold the police accountable to the same laws they are supposed to support. I can't speak on Canada.

I pray you are right. I've been warning Americans for a long time not to become like us.

Herein lies the problem similar to ours; how do you know who the undercovers are in NYPD, LAPD etc? THIS is where the major problems exist.

Maybe a decade ago there was a video of an undercover NYPD cop who was a member of some bike gang. He got out and attacked a driver, either smashed their car or contributed to physical damage. They were eventually outed as an undercover.

How many similar situations occur with plain clothed cops and no one is the wiser? This is a National Security threat to Canadas future, it will be for you as well the more you emulate us (NYPD and other North East U.S police forced definitely emulate our methods).

These deputies had a warrant from a judge to arrest this guy. He has a criminal history. He fights with the police and they had to tase him to complete the arrest. What are we holding the police accountable for anyway?

Forum List

Back