Covid-19 Issue a Sign of Things to Come

So the blob wanted to cut funds for the CDC?

Are you having trouble reading tonight? Is it past your bedtime?

"there were proposed cuts"

Your move.

Wow, you can copy and paste, can you still not read? WTF did I say?

You said someone proposed cutting the CDC in your unsourced post. LOL. Perhaps you're having amnesia?

I did, and it was accurate, I guess you can read after all. One of your fellow commies has posted a thread that the funds were actually cut, which was a lie, as I said in my original post in this thread. Perhaps you should keep up.

Huh?

The COVID-19 virus is a manufactured virus. Here is why;

1. The virus can be spread by Sputum (coughing), Blood, and feces (the virus remains active for weeks in sewers). While the primary rout of infection is droplets in the air and coughing its the ability of this virus to live in the sewers and in untreated feces that allows rapid spread in homeless populations and 3rd world countries.

Most viruses do not survive in feces and this is a major change from other viruses like it.

2. The virus is active and CONTAGIOUS during its incubation period of 3-24 days. Viruses like this one are usually contagious only after they have multiplied in the body and the patient has a fever along with other signs and symptoms. Not so with COVID-19, this thing is active once contracted and you are A-symptomatic. This means it can be spread before patient zero has a clue they are infected.

3. Most antibiotics do not work on this virus. The ones that do cause damage to the heart due to the amount of medications required to kill the virus. This causes the very young and the very old or immune system compromised individuals to be high mortality. Those who do survive are extremely susceptible to reinfection where they die as they can not be given those antibiotics again without killing them.

4. The CDC has noted several unknown infection rout patients in the last week, one is in Seattle, WA. Not enough information is known at this time about how long this virus can live in the air, estimated at 36-48 hours.

The best course of action at this time is to clean surfaces well with hot soapy water and disinfectants. Kitchen ware are cleaned and a sanitizing cycle on a dishwasher or Clorox in the soapy water is used. All bedding gets a shot of Clorox in the wash. Bath rooms are cleaned often and kept wiped down with soapy water and disinfectants.

The same as you would for people having the flu.

Eat fruits and vegetables regularly as these contain the antioxidants and vitamins that allow the body to fend off viral attacks.

There is a lot of back and forth on this virus and what it can and can not due but looking closely at how China is handling this tells us what we need to know. They are acting and using using equipment commonly used in cleaning up biological attacks. They are spraying whole cities down with bleach/water, some so strong in mixture that it kills live stock and humans who inhale it.

Here in the US we have isolated and quarantined people, something China didn't do initially which allowed the fire to burn. The virus is 0.5 microns in size and the average surgical mask (10 microns) will not stop the virus from spreading but can reduce the droplets you might inhale.

Note to the clueless, antibiotics don't work on any virus. They do however work of secondary infections that are the result of bacteria.

Anti-virulents are for the virus and antibiotics are for the pneumonia which is a bacterial infection. Most healthy people do not need the anti-virulents as their bodies combat the virus. It is the secondary infection that kills. Anti-virulents are known to cause damage to cardiac muscle which is why once used, they will kill the subject if used again, in close succession, on a compromised person.

Yet you posted this:
3. Most antibiotics do not work on this virus. The ones that do cause damage to the heart due to the amount of medications required to kill the virus.
The last thing we need is folks posting inaccurate info.

On the other hand, you have liberal idiots swearing that Trump is allowing this disease to attack our nation because he cut some funding for the CDC when there is zero--zippo--nada evidence that any of the funds that were cut was going to study Covid-19.
We should also remember Trump came into office with an intention to destroy any policies instituted by Obama including those related to public health threats.

Trump administration budget cuts could become a major problem as coronavirus spreads

"The cuts started in 2018, as the White House focused on eliminating funding to Obama-era disease security programs.

"In March of that year, Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer, whose job it was to lead the U.S. response in the event of a pandemic, abruptly left the administration and his global health security team was disbanded.

"That same year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was forced to slash its efforts to prevent global disease outbreak by 80% as its funding for the program began to run out.

"The agency, at the time, opted to focus on 10 priority countries and scale back in others, including China."
Actually, the CDC is saying the Corona Virus is not a major threat here at this time...

CDC director says coronavirus threat in US remains low, but warns there will be new cases

Statistics show that the FLU is a much greater threat to public health...

Flu vs Coronavirus: Which one is more dangerous? Facts that will blow your mind

Seriously if you believe that then you have to ignore actual world experts.

Robert Redfield seems competent on paper but is very much a Trump political appointee. He so far has messed up the:
  • The bringing back of US COVID carriers on public transport and met with Fed agents with no protection.
  • Lack of tests
This has the similar metrics as Spanish Flu, so no worries is on Trump's orders... You can put gag orders on people and then expect trust..

You're full of it, we're less than two months into this thing, it take time to develop reliable tests for a new strain of virus. 15,000 test kits will be fielded this week with another 50,000 soon to follow. Also protocol dictates full PPE if you are within 6 feet of an infected person, not everyone who met those flights were that close to the returning folks. So stop with the propaganda already.

Most of the cuts involved overseas activities rather than inside the US

Overseas activities? You mean containing a virus when it was still in another country and not here?

One of the countries CDC had to end operations in? China, of course.

Seems kind of dumb now.

We have a massive deficit and the federal budget cannot always go up

The only reason why we have deficits is because Trump cut taxes for rich people and corporations.

China has the second largest economy in the world, they can pay their own way.

Just a quick thought.

On one hand, you have conservative idiots stressing the need for a wall on our southern border as a way of keeping out a disease that originated in mainland China.

On the other hand, you have liberal idiots swearing that Trump is allowing this disease to attack our nation because he cut some funding for the CDC when there is zero--zippo--nada evidence that any of the funds that were cut was going to study Covid-19.
Just a quick thought.

On one hand, you have conservative idiots stressing the need for a wall on our southern border as a way of keeping out a disease that originated in mainland China.

One would think that a killer disease that doesn't discriminate between young/old, native/foreigner, male/female, would be our common enemy like the flu, cancer, alcoholism, etc... But instead you dopes on both sides have turned this into the latest political football.

There are differences between the ideologies and debate (snarky and otherwise) is, if nothing else, helpful in at least bringing the issue to light. For example, I didn't know about this hilarious "operation chaos" the conservatives tried in SC yesterday.

But for crying out loud...does everything have to devolve into these moronic arguments about blaming a political figure or building a wall when clearly neither is germane to the disease?

Thank you for your time.

First you need to know that no funds were cut from the CDC, there were proposed cuts but none were enacted, just the opposite is true, funds were increased. That's just one of the lies being spread by the commiecrats.

Also there is no evidence that Covid 19 is any more dangerous than the flu. The same populations that are susceptible to complications from the flu are susceptible to complications from Covid 19, people with chronic conditions are more likely to die from both.

One would think that a killer disease that doesn't discriminate between young/old, native/foreigner, male/female, would be our common enemy like the flu, cancer, alcoholism, etc... But instead you dopes on both sides have turned this into the latest political football.

There are differences between the ideologies and debate (snarky and otherwise) is, if nothing else, helpful in at least bringing the issue to light. For example, I didn't know about this hilarious "operation chaos" the conservatives tried in SC yesterday.

But for crying out loud...does everything have to devolve into these moronic arguments about blaming a political figure or building a wall when clearly neither is germane to the disease?

Thank you for your time.

First you need to know that no funds were cut from the CDC, there were proposed cuts but none were enacted, just the opposite is true, funds were increased. That's just one of the lies being spread by the commiecrats.

Also there is no evidence that Covid 19 is any more dangerous than the flu. The same populations that are susceptible to complications from the flu are susceptible to complications from Covid 19, people with chronic conditions are more likely to die from both.

Bullshit. Trump has been cutting staff and money from the CDC since 2018.

Trump administration budget cuts could become a major problem as coronavirus spreads

Trump's obsession with destroying everything that Obama built, is going to be his down fall. Dismantling the pandemnic response team and decapitating the CDC, as well as Homeland Security was always a dumb move. It prevented the CDC from preparing and approving a safe, fast testing system for covid19, and now people in the USA are dying and Trump's stripped down CDC is just starting to ship tests today.

Furthermore, with a death of 2.3% (yes, double that of the regular flu), the fact that there have already been two deaths in the USA, indicates that the virus has been speading in the USA for weeks, but because the USA had no test for the virus, it's gotten a very big toehold in the country.

Bullshit.
AP FACT CHECK: Democrats distort coronavirus readiness

Are you having trouble reading tonight? Is it past your bedtime?

Your move.

You said someone proposed cutting the CDC in your unsourced post. LOL. Perhaps you're having amnesia?

I did, and it was accurate, I guess you can read after all. One of your fellow commies has posted a thread that the funds were actually cut, which was a lie, as I said in my original post in this thread. Perhaps you should keep up.

Huh?

Just when I think you know how to read you prove me wrong. Carry on.

Just a quick thought.

Thank you for your time.

We live in an idiocracy.

Your move.

Huh?

Who proposed the cuts to the CDC.

Huh?

Who proposed the cuts to the CDC.

See post 106.

Trump hasn't cut a dime from the CDC.
Really? Wow, who did? "President’s Budget Request"? Hmm, dang it, sometimes words can be so hard!

I suppose he didn't really fire the U.S. Pandemic Response Team either. ..And that the buck never actually stops with him..?

He eliminated a redundant agency at the NSA, the CDC and NIH have the responsibility, no reason the NSA should have a hand in it.

Your opinion noted and I certainly have no wish to defend the NSA, particularly with jerks like Bolton running the thing, but at this point I don't know whether redundancy was eliminated or whether that part was simply trashed. It appears unsettled. What's uncontroversial is that Trump sure as shit fired the U.S. Pandemic Response Team as detailed by Snopes in the link I provided. And the buck is supposed to stop with the Executive. Trying like hell to gut such vital government programs is bad. Congress stopping him in this case, to any extent they actually did, is good. Simply acknowledging such facts could not hurt.

Just a quick thought.

Thank you for your time.

How many people have died from this in the U.S. ?

How many people have died from the flue this year in the U.S. ?

Really? Wow, who did? "President’s Budget Request"? Hmm, dang it, sometimes words can be so hard!

I suppose he didn't really fire the U.S. Pandemic Response Team either. ..And that the buck never actually stops with him..?

He eliminated a redundant agency at the NSA, the CDC and NIH have the responsibility, no reason the NSA should have a hand in it.

Your opinion noted and I certainly have no wish to defend the NSA, particularly with jerks like Bolton running the thing, but at this point I don't know whether redundancy was eliminated or whether that part was simply trashed. It appears unsettled. What's uncontroversial is that Trump sure as shit fired the U.S. Pandemic Response Team as detailed by Snopes in the link I provided. And the buck is supposed to stop with the Executive. Trying like hell to gut such vital government programs is bad. Congress stopping him in this case, to any extent they actually did, is good. Simply acknowledging such facts could not hurt.

Yeah that team was part of the bloated maobama NSA and it needed to go away, it was redundant. maobama expanded the NSA from about 100 folks to more than 250, that's one reason for all the damn leaks coming out of there.

Just a quick thought.

Thank you for your time.

I agree with your overall statement. You are 100% right on that. I wanted to say that first, before clarifying one note (completely apolitical - for information only). The viral pathogenesis of this disease does, in effect, "discriminate" based on various demographic factors such as those you listed. Of note, the most curious of those is the age-related pathological feature. As with most infectious diseases, the risk of infection and severity of symptoms is greater among the elderly. But that's not the interesting part. What's really curious is that COVID-19, according to the data collected by the CDC, is similar to its cousin coronaviruses SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV in the respect that infection among children is very rare. And in the rare cases of infection, the symptoms are fewer and less severe than compared with infected adults.

There is currently no explanation for the mysterious rarity of infection among children, and the confirmed cases of SARS and MERS infections among children were so rare that there was insufficient data to support a study. One theory being proposed is that children are actually getting infected, but simply not presenting any symptoms, thereby acting as carriers and spreading the disease unknowingly (making any quarantine effort based on observing symptoms completely useless)

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Key coronavirus question: How are children affected?

Side note: another interesting (and as of yet unexplained) demographic factor being noted in the COVID-19 data is that "Men also seem to be overrepresented among those getting severe illness. The reasons why are a really important research question."​

Last edited:
If you are Judged by God, you blame yourself for being a fear monger and liar.

If you are wise, you repent, quit you slandering, lying, adultery, and thieving, and you accept Christ as Messiah and you start living a new life.

Tell that to Trump.

The CDC response team was NEVER CUT!
Sure, sure, uh huh,.. because your word on stuff is just so damned authoritative and precious... Meanwhile, back in the real world:
as Foreign Policy’s Laurie Garrett recently explained, the administration has spent years enacting policies and putting forth budgets that have weakened the U.S. government’s ability to prepare for and respond to an outbreak like this one, both in the U.S. and abroad. In addition, as Garrett highlights, the administration’s notoriously dysfunctional personnel drama and haphazard efforts to reduce the size of the government haven’t helped either:

In May 2018, Trump ordered the NSC’s entire global health security unit shut down, calling for reassignment of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer and dissolution of his team inside the agency. The month before, then-White House National Security Advisor John Bolton pressured Ziemer’s DHS counterpart, Tom Bossert, to resign along with his team. Neither the NSC nor DHS epidemic teams have been replaced. The global health section of the CDC was so drastically cut in 2018 that much of its staff was laid off and the number of countries it was working in was reduced from 49 to merely 10. Meanwhile, throughout 2018, the U.S. Agency for International Development and its director, Mark Green, came repeatedly under fire from both the White House and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. And though Congress has so far managed to block Trump administration plans to cut the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps by 40 percent, the disease-fighting cadres have steadily eroded as retiring officers go unreplaced.
Please show me the DEMOCRAT BILL, which passed the house, that authorized the cuts. I'll wait..
Well I feel sorry for you, so here:
The National Security Council was established by the National Security Act of 1947 (PL 235 - 61 Stat. 496; U.S.C. 402), amended by the National Security Act Amendments of 1949 (63 Stat. 579; 50 U.S.C. 401 et seq.). Later in 1949, as part of the Reorganization Plan, the Council was placed in the Executive Office of the President.
That means The Executive Office handles the NSC's budget. Not "DEMOCRAT"s. Perhaps with a bit more money they could even update its site to reflect who is currently pretending to be President.
Regarding Congress, there are both Republicans and Democrats in the House. They begin working out a spending (not a cutting) budget together each year for the coming year starting with the budget proposals requested by the White House. The Senate (also Republicans and Democrats) must approve the budget before sending it to the WH to either be signed into law or vetoed. More specifically:
The appropriations committee for each chamber divides the amount allotted for federal agency funding between 12 subcommittees. Each subcommittee is in charge of funding for different functions of government, such as defense spending, energy and water, and interior and environment, and for the agencies involved.

The subcommittees conduct hearings with agency leaders about their budget requests and draft appropriations bills setting the funding for each. The full House and Senate vote on their bills, merge both versions of each one, and vote on the identical version of every bill. Each one, if passed, goes to the president for signature.

Yeah that team was part of the bloated maobama NSA and it needed to go away, it was redundant. maobama expanded the NSA from about 100 folks to more than 250, that's one reason for all the damn leaks coming out of there.

Yeah, you keep saying NSA and got me to follow along. It's actually the NSC, not the MIC's spy outfit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back