CPAC. The gun free zone where you complain about gun free zones

I am pretty sure that the CPAC is packed with armed security so... no.

I am pretty sure that the CPAC is packed with armed security so... no.

So, yeah. A gun free zone is where YOU are not allowed to carry. Like a courthouse. Yes, there is security but you can't bring your own guns. That's still a gun free zone.

We go though this same thing every year. The venues have their own rules and one of those rules is no guns permitted in the venues that they own. This has nothing to do with CPAC. They don't make the rules. This has nothing to do with the NRA. They don't make the rules.

right wing phonies . Blaming gun free zones is a favorite diversion of the gun nuts .

Yet CPAC was gun free! Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Trump trashes gun-free schools at CPAC 2018 -- where people aren't allowed to bring in guns

False equivalency

CPAC wasn't a gun free zone?

That was the limit of your understanding of what I said? Not surprised. For the answer, read my last post

I'm not in your head, what do you mean by false equivalency?

Um ... The post was three short sentences. You weren't able to read that?

Since it's up now, it was in reply 110 as well as 117

Yes, already answered, it's not a false equivalency. You're explanation that it is is lacking. Actually it's more of an excuse than an explanation.

That's right. Asking him "please?" and telling him "this is a gun free zone and you are breaking the law" is NOT going to work!

Really? CPAC was shot up?

Snarky is more effective if it makes some sort of sense

No snark, legit question.

OK. CPAC was not shot up. Everyone went through metal detectors. It was a single convention for a few days, not 26,000 schools all day for 200 days a year. Now what did we learn from this, grasshopper?

Why does the length of CPA matter? That doesn't make much sense.

Seriously?

CPAC - 4 days once a year, 1 entrance and exit, people arrive at different times (i.e., not all at once)

Schools - 26,000 schools 200+ days a year, multiple entrances and exists, students arrive and leave at the same time

You don't see how metal detectors and securing entrances and exits are different? I'm just laughing at you

But I am limited arbitrarily by some government agency which delays the process.

You're not limited at all because you get the gun in the end. The very fact that you get the gun after that stuff proves that it doesn't infringe on your right to get the gun.

False equivalency

That was the limit of your understanding of what I said? Not surprised. For the answer, read my last post

Yes, already answered, it's not a false equivalency. You're explanation that it is is lacking. Actually it's more of an excuse than an explanation.

26000 schools x 200 days a year = 5,200,000 days of security

4 x 1 = 4 days of security

HappyJoy: Sounds the same to me!!!

Really? CPAC was shot up?

OK. CPAC was not shot up. Everyone went through metal detectors. It was a single convention for a few days, not 26,000 schools all day for 200 days a year. Now what did we learn from this, grasshopper?

Seriously?

CPAC - 4 days once a year, 1 entrance and exit, people arrive at different times (i.e., not all at once)

4 days or 200 days does not a difference make. Some High schools also only have one entrance. But if it has 3, so what?

Schools - 26,000 schools 200+ days a year, multiple entrances and exists, students arrive and leave at the same time

Now you're repeating yourself.

You don't see how metal detectors and securing entrances and exits are different? I'm just laughing at you

No, not really. Metal detectors are in some schools now and the appear to work.

No hypocrisy, just thinking, something you are incapable of.

Gun-free CPAC proves your hypocrisy because you say carrying a gun is your Constitutional right. By prohibiting you from carrying a gun inside, CPAC is violating your Constitutional rights, according to your "strict interpretation of the 2nd Amendment".

Why not just admit they're hypocrites on this because they're a bunch of cowards? I don't understand your reticence to that. You don't owe them anything.

Parkland was a 'Gun Free Zone.' In fact, it even had a police officer permanently stationed there. Many schools have so-called 'Resource Officers' stationed. But the one at Parkland proved to be a coward by running and hiding when the children needed him most. What good was he? He could have saved many kids' lives.

So, you had a school which was a 'Gun Free Zone' and had an armed police officer permanently stationed there. Folks didn't do their jobs. If they had, more kids would be alive today. It's why i strongly urge parents to avoid the Government School System at all costs. They should seriously consider all education alternatives. Government Schools are only gonna get worse. They aren't the best option for children.

I doubt it. A cop with a hand gun is no match for a perp with an AR. It would have been suicide to just run into the building. That is NOT what cops are paid to do.

True the cop was no match, but he was trained to carry his gun... he should have done SOMETHING.

There is so much phony lip service with all this, but at least a few different solutions are being discussed.
Start screening kids for depression at a younger age (which I think is over diagnosed already but its a start) , have extensive background checks, expand ways to report potentially dangerous threats, raise age to 21. There is a school... Toppenish Wa who has its administrators armed already. I dont totally agree but they seem to know what their doing. I gotta give them credit for that.
The bully president and his bully corporations want to arm everyone to protect us against ourselves and only focus on outside enemies.:20::2cents:

Seriously?

4 days or 200 days does not a difference make. Some High schools also only have one entrance. But if it has 3, so what?

Then why did the shooter get a gun in?

And seriously? 5.2 million days of securing buildings a year is no difference than securing one conference for four days? It's incredible how stupid leftists will look on purpose for the cause. If you were in Jonestown, you wouldn't have hesitated to drink. You might have demanded grape though ...

You're repeating yourself. If you don't have anything to contribute then perhaps don't post.

You're repeating yourself. If you don't have anything to contribute then perhaps don't post.

You think 5.2 million days of security a year is the same as 4 days of security a year, of course I'm going to repeat how mind numbingly stupid you are

Seriously?

They didn't have metal detectors. Never mind that you don't seem to have any idea how to keep that kid's gun out of school.

And seriously? 5.2 million days of securing buildings a year is no difference than securing one conference for four days? It's incredible how stupid leftists will look on purpose for the cause. If you were in Jonestown, you wouldn't have hesitated to drink. You might have demanded grape though ...

Airports, convention halls, courthouses. All day everyday.

Do you think CPAC infringed on anyone's 2nd amendment rights?

The constitution only prevents GOVERNMENT from doing things, except in two cases (people can't bring booze into states/localities that ban it, and you can't own slaves).

You obviously know nothing about what the 14th Amendment bestows on citizens. It bestows equal protection, which means if your gun rights, according to your own "strict interpretation of the 2nd Amendment", are Constitutionally protected -which is what you are arguing- then that means no business has the right to violate your Constitutional rights to carry a firearm, and thus, CPAC are a bunch of hypocrites for simultaneously saying that gun rights are universal and Constitutionally protected, while violating those Constitutionally-protected rights they just argued were Constitutionally protected. Just like how no business has the right to discriminate against the Constitutional rights of any person based on race, gender, sexuality, etc. because doing so violates their Constitutional rights under the 14th Amendment, then you must also argue that no business has a right to violate your Equal Protection rights bestowed by the 14th Amendment, when it comes to exercising your "strict interpretation of the 2nd Amendment".

It's hypocrisy most foul and you're a fraud whose own argument eats itself.

It says nothing about limiting property rights, except giving a method of taking property via eminent domain.

Wait a second, so you're saying that the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to guns now? You're talking yourself into circles when all you need to do is just say, "yeah, CPAC are a bunch of hypocrites for banning guns after arguing that they're a Constitutional right".

I don't know why you are resistant to that. Seems like it's just a matter of your ego.

Only governments can violate constitutional rights.

WRONG. Businesses can violate Constitutional rights. IT'S WHY THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT WAS PASSED, YOU NINCOMPOOP.[/QUOTE]

right wing phonies . Blaming gun free zones is a favorite diversion of the gun nuts .

Yet CPAC was gun free! Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Trump trashes gun-free schools at CPAC 2018 -- where people aren't allowed to bring in guns

Screen_Shot_2018-02-27_at_7.52.14_AM.jpg

You think 5.2 million days of security a year is the same as 4 days of security a year, of course I'm going to repeat how mind numbingly stupid you are

So, even though some schools have metal detectors and they appear to work you don't think so because you think you caught onto something about the number of days?

Did CPAC infringe on anyone's 2nd amendment rights?

I don't wanna destroy Government Schools.

You just got done arguing one post ago that you want parents to avoid public schools. Then, you said you wanted to flood the public schools with hundreds of thousands of more guns. So what would be the reason for that? You want to destroy the public schools.

I just want parents to have as many education alternatives available as possible. No one should be forced to send their children into the Government School System nightmare. They should have many other options.

No one is forced to send their children to Public schools. Do you even know what the fuck you're talking about? Doesn't seem like it.

Barriers to entry except at certain points
Checks at those points to assure no one is bringing in weapons
Security at the location of the checks
Security inside the space to respond to any breaches.

That's a prison. What you're describing is a prison.

Seriously?

They didn't have metal detectors. Never mind that you don't seem to have any idea how to keep that kid's gun out of school.

Airports, convention halls, courthouses. All day everyday

You said schools use metal detectors now and they work, then you said they don't use metal detectors. All I am arguing is to allow CC holders to carry them. I am not saying to not use metal detectors, I am saying it's a lot harder to make them as effective as CPAC where there is one entrance

Do you think CPAC infringed on anyone's 2nd amendment rights?

No. I also don't think the Florida schools did. You don't have a second amendment right to take guns into a school any more than an airport or a court house.

However, the new laws leftists are proposing because of things like Florida do infringe on our 2nd amendment rights.

Debating you is driving in the slow lane

Forum List

Back