CPAC. The gun free zone where you complain about gun free zones

right wing phonies . Blaming gun free zones is a favorite diversion of the gun nuts .

Yet CPAC was gun free! Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Trump trashes gun-free schools at CPAC 2018 -- where people aren't allowed to bring in guns

At CPAC they use metal detectors before people can enter, and thus create a secure zone where NO ONE can bring in a gun. I'm also sure they spring for armed security in case some lefty nutter tries to shoot up the place.

Most gun free schools don't actually do anything to create a true secure space, nor do they have any real response plan set up involving onsite armed responders.

Nice try though.

And you would be wrong. Most schools now have shooting drills. We used to have fire drills. Now Anerican kids have shooting drills.

Sad

That doesn't create a secure space.

A secure space requires:

Barriers to entry except at certain points
Checks at those points to assure no one is bringing in weapons
Security at the location of the checks
Security inside the space to respond to any breaches.

Ok. That means when cons say Las Vegas and Florida attacks happened at “gun free zones “ they are actually lying . Since both had armed police , they are not “gun free”. Correct ?

As for the “venue rules “ . That’s a crock . Don’t have your meeting at a venue that’s against your beliefs .

Imagine a Gay Rights group having their meeting catered by the no gay wedding cake people !?!

Ok. That means when cons say Las Vegas and Florida attacks happened at “gun free zones “ they are actually lying . Since both had armed police , they are not “gun free”. Correct ?

As for the “venue rules “ . That’s a crock . Don’t have your meeting at a venue that’s against your beliefs .

Imagine a Gay Rights group having their meeting catered by the no gay wedding cake people !?!

Most police don't count towards the "gun free" rule.

Actually according to your side the "no gay wedding cake people" should be FORCED to provide a cake for that meeting.

(didn't think that one through, did ya skippy?)

Parkland was a 'Gun Free Zone.' In fact, it even had a police officer permanently stationed there. Many schools have so-called 'Resource Officers' stationed. But the one at Parkland proved to be a coward by running and hiding when the children needed him most. What good was he? He could have saved many kids' lives.

So, you had a school which was a 'Gun Free Zone' and had an armed police officer permanently stationed there. Folks didn't do their jobs. If they had, more kids would be alive today. It's why i strongly urge parents to avoid the Government School System at all costs. They should seriously consider all education alternatives. Government Schools are only gonna get worse. They aren't the best option for children.

Conservatives ulaimtely want to destroy public schools, which is why they want to pour hundreds of thousands of guns into them.

I don't wanna destroy Government Schools. I just want parents to have as many education alternatives available as possible. No one should be forced to send their children into the Government School System nightmare. They should have many other options.

That plethora of options has seen a steady slide in education rankings in the US, since they were introduced, even as costs increase and Americans pay more out of their own pockets to educate their children than any other country in the world.

All you’ve done is syphon public funds away from public schools and into charter schools. Charter schools cherry pick the smart kids (to keep their rankings high), and dump the underachievers. Their schools aren’t better, their test results make it appear that way because no one who could make them look bad is allowed to stay.

Religious schools are just a new and better way to segregate. No blacks, no gays, no evolution, no science.

Parkland was a 'Gun Free Zone.' In fact, it even had a police officer permanently stationed there. Many schools have so-called 'Resource Officers' stationed. But the one at Parkland proved to be a coward by running and hiding when the children needed him most. What good was he? He could have saved many kids' lives.

So, you had a school which was a 'Gun Free Zone' and had an armed police officer permanently stationed there. Folks didn't do their jobs. If they had, more kids would be alive today. It's why i strongly urge parents to avoid the Government School System at all costs. They should seriously consider all education alternatives. Government Schools are only gonna get worse. They aren't the best option for children.

I doubt it. A cop with a hand gun is no match for a perp with an AR. It would have been suicide to just run into the building. That is NOT what cops are paid to do.

Conservatives ulaimtely want to destroy public schools, which is why they want to pour hundreds of thousands of guns into them.

I don't wanna destroy Government Schools. I just want parents to have as many education alternatives available as possible. No one should be forced to send their children into the Government School System nightmare. They should have many other options.

That plethora of options has seen a steady slide in education rankings in the US, since they were introduced, even as costs increase and Americans pay more out of their own pockets to educate their children than any other country in the world.

All you’ve done is syphon public funds away from public schools and into charter schools. Charter schools cherry pick the smart kids (to keep their rankings high), and dump the underachievers. Their schools aren’t better, their test results make it appear that way because no one who could make them look bad is allowed to stay.

Religious schools are just a new and better way to segregate. No blacks, no gays, no evolution, no science.

Bullshite! Communist/Democrat propaganda. The Government School System is failing all on its own. Parents need education alternatives. Government needs to stop trying to destroy those alternatives. Forcing parents to send their children into the Government School nightmare, is Un-American. Alternatives need to be available.

Actually according to your side the "no gay wedding cake people" should be FORCED to provide a cake for that meeting.

Wait ? Now there’s a weird nonsensical exception to the police when it comes to “gun free”? Who do you think was armed at CPAC.

The reality bending is amazing wh you righty freaks .

As for the cake people . It’s the law of that state that they can’t discriminate vs gays.

Bullshite! Communist/Democrat propaganda. The Government School System is failing all on its own. Parents need education alternatives. Government needs to stop trying to destroy those alternatives. Forcing parents to send their children into the Government School nightmare, is Un-American. Alternatives need to be available.

Feel free to homeschool . Oh wait, then you lose your free government babysitting you love so much .

right wing phonies . Blaming gun free zones is a favorite diversion of the gun nuts .

Trump trashes gun-free schools at CPAC 2018 -- where people aren't allowed to bring in guns

At CPAC they use metal detectors before people can enter, and thus create a secure zone where NO ONE can bring in a gun. I'm also sure they spring for armed security in case some lefty nutter tries to shoot up the place.

Most gun free schools don't actually do anything to create a true secure space, nor do they have any real response plan set up involving onsite armed responders.

Nice try though.

And you would be wrong. Most schools now have shooting drills. We used to have fire drills. Now Anerican kids have shooting drills.

Sad

A secure space requires:

I said nothing about a secure space.

You said schools don’t have a response plan. I addressed that part of your post. All schools have response plans.

That’s the reality of Anerican life today. People are reading up and taking training on how to avoid being killed in a mass shooting in a public space.

Wait ? Now there’s a weird nonsensical exception to the police when it comes to “gun free”? Who do you think was armed at CPAC.

The reality bending is amazing wh you righty freaks .

As for the cake people . It’s the law of that state that they can’t discriminate vs gays.

There always has been. Gun free zone usually means they don't want civilians with arms at their location.

And CPAC was not a declared "gun free zone", it was a secure location that asked you not to bring firearms.

I doubt it. A cop with a hand gun is no match for a perp with an AR. It would have been suicide to just run into the building. That is NOT what cops are paid to do.

Then what good is it having a police officer permanently stationed at a school? Their sole purpose is to protect the children. That particular 'Resource Officer' chose to run and hide instead. He could have saved lives if he did his job. Shame on him.

Nice try though.

Sad

A secure space requires:

I said nothing about a secure space.

You said schools don’t have a response plan. I addressed that part of your post. All schools have response plans.

That’s the reality of Anerican life today. People are reading up and taking training on how to avoid being killed in a mass shooting in a public space.

I said "nor do they have any real response plan set up involving onsite armed responders"

Reading is fundamental. Try finishing the sentence before commenting on it.

Do you know what your odds are of being in a mass shooting in a public place compared to not being run over by some cement truck crossing the street?

Feel free to homeschool . Oh wait, then you lose your free government babysitting you love so much .

Too bad your fellow Communists/Democrats don't feel that way. They're currently spending a massive amount of time & money trying to eliminate all alternatives to Government Schooling. Why are they doing that? I'll let you contemplate that for yourself.

Nice try though.

Bend yourself into a pretzel much?

“They have metal detectors ...” please . Bunch of two faced phonies railing against gun free zones .

No bending at all. They created a secure zone, with controlled access, just like a court, or an airport. A secure zone means I can reasonably assume no one else except authorized security is armed within the zone.

What do schools do to create secure zones out of their campuses?
Isn't it safest if everyone is armed?

Dear idb Conservatives come armed with knowledge of the laws.

That's the common factor with effective law enforcement and lawful use of right to bear arms:
Commitment to uphold, enforce and defend Constitutional laws.

So yes, it is the safest deterrent against crime and abuse
if everyone is equally armed in this way. Exactly!

Parkland did not and does not have metal detectors.

So, basically you agree that Parkland should have metal detectors and not arming teachers and students.

Thanks, wasn't that easy?

I do agree that all schools should have metal detectors, sure don't see anything that suggests I'm against arming teachers...students no. You need to learn how to pay attention.

I am paying attention. The conservative response to 'gun free zones' is usually more guns. That is unless it comes to one of their own little shindigs. It's the hypocrisy that you are clearly trying to avoid.

Great, since you are paying attention, perhaps you can point out where I said "not arming teachers and students".

Somehow you think that CPAC throwing up metal detectors and disarming the 'good guys' isn't hypocritical? Or are you stuck on my rhetorical question demonstrating the rights hypocrisy?

The President and Vice President spoke at CPAC, and that means that the secret service determined that no guns were allowed except by security people. After all, it is really difficult ensuring that some left wing nuts are not there, attempting to shoot the President, in order to impress an actress.

Dear Timmy: The Conference was screened for people who agree to assemble peacefully and lawfully.

Not so with public schools where Christian and Constitutional laws are not taught or enforced.

That is the best enforcement against criminals with any intent to cause disruption or violence.

And yes, once you have a consensus among a community, you can freely choose
to have a certain gun policy which everyone agrees to.

If the CPAC ran on a continuing basis like schools do, no this would not be wise or enforceable.
There would be too many opportunities for criminals to plan and plot ways to attack such an
ongoing site if it were advertised as having that many people with no guns allowed.

But for a short one time event, where the cost and revenue can afford proper security
for 3 days, yes you can make it secure for that time period.

Sort of like when the President planned his appearance, of course security had to be heightened.
But that would not work over a long period of time. You'd have to set up a regular system of
security if it was ongoing.

Nice try though.

“They have metal detectors ...” please . Bunch of two faced phonies railing against gun free zones .

No bending at all. They created a secure zone, with controlled access, just like a court, or an airport. A secure zone means I can reasonably assume no one else except authorized security is armed within the zone.

That's the common factor with effective law enforcement and lawful use of right to bear arms:

Back to the original question then. Why is CPAC a gun free?

Dear Timmy: The Conference was screened for people who agree to assemble peacefully and lawfully.

Not so with public schools where Christian and Constitutional laws are not taught or enforced.

That is the best enforcement against criminals with any intent to cause disruption or violence.

And yes, once you have a consensus among a community, you can freely choose
to have a certain gun policy which everyone agrees to.

If the CPAC ran on a continuing basis like schools do, no this would not be wise or enforceable.
There would be too many opportunities for criminals to plan and plot ways to attack such an
ongoing site if it were advertised as having that many people with no guns allowed.

But for a short one time event, where the cost and revenue can afford proper security
for 3 days, yes you can make it secure for that time period.

Sort of like when the President planned his appearance, of course security had to be heightened.
But that would not work over a long period of time. You'd have to set up a regular system of
security if it was ongoing.

Why the public school distinction? Are private schools armed ??? Nuns packing heat under their habits ??

Dear Timmy
The difference is the people CHOSE and AGREED to that policy or they had to choice not to attend.
Not so with public schools where students are required to go and required to follow school policy
unless they can PAY to go to a private school that has policies they agree with.

This was a private function and people have a choice.

Your calling these people a hypocrite reminds me of sexual harassers.
Just because a woman is having sex with a boyfriend of her choice,
does that mean she has to have sex with you?

Some guys actually use that as a way to insult or guilt trip women to have sex with them.

There is something called free choice and consent.

Just because someone consents to a policy under ONE GROUP
does not mean they automatically should consent to a similar policy under a DIFFERENT GROUP.

You need to look at the difference in content in both situations.

Nice try though.

Back to the original question then. Why is CPAC a gun free?

because either the venue has a rule about that or they wanted it that way.

In any event they provided a secure area with screening and onsite security, thus they were not one of those "hope and pray" gun free zones that are so prevalent throughout this country.

Forum List

Back