CPAC. The gun free zone where you complain about gun free zones

At CPAC they use metal detectors before people can enter, and thus create a secure zone where NO ONE can bring in a gun. I'm also sure they spring for armed security in case some lefty nutter tries to shoot up the place.

Most gun free schools don't actually do anything to create a true secure space, nor do they have any real response plan set up involving onsite armed responders.

Nice try though.

Bend yourself into a pretzel much?

“They have metal detectors ...” please . Bunch of two faced phonies railing against gun free zones .

No bending at all. They created a secure zone, with controlled access, just like a court, or an airport. A secure zone means I can reasonably assume no one else except authorized security is armed within the zone.

What do schools do to create secure zones out of their campuses?
Isn't it safest if everyone is armed?

Dear idb Conservatives come armed with knowledge of the laws.

That's the common factor with effective law enforcement and lawful use of right to bear arms:
Commitment to uphold, enforce and defend Constitutional laws.

So yes, it is the safest deterrent against crime and abuse
if everyone is equally armed in this way. Exactly!

Back to the original question then. Why is CPAC a gun free?

Because the congregation and assembly is based on law abiding
citizens, who respect laws of the church and state or both,
so they can effectively screen out people who don't respect the
Constitutional right of people peaceably to assemble.

If it were not properly set up, but anyone could get in and do whatever,
sure, they would become like any other public place where anyone
could and would be allowed to conceal and carry as in public.

But with public speakers coming in
NOT ONLY TRUMP BUT DANA LOESCH who has been targeted with death threats as well,
these public figures required private security guards and had to work out
security agreements with the event coordinators.

So when you invite public figures like Hannity and Loesch
it is more effective both safety and costwise to comply
with requirements that the White House and these other public speakers
use, which involves paying for private security under tighter restrictions.

We can't afford that level on an ongoing basis,
so that's why gun free zones only work in special conditions
such as airports and banks willing to expend the proper resources to set this up correctly.

If all schools set up the same environment as CPAC, Timmy
and airports and banks do, yes, maybe gun free zones would work instead of falling short
and endangering people by making them targets for shooters who take advantage of lax security!

“They have metal detectors ...” please . Bunch of two faced phonies railing against gun free zones .

No bending at all. They created a secure zone, with controlled access, just like a court, or an airport. A secure zone means I can reasonably assume no one else except authorized security is armed within the zone.

That's the common factor with effective law enforcement and lawful use of right to bear arms:

because either the venue has a rule about that or they wanted it that way.

In any event they provided a secure area with screening and onsite security, thus they were not one of those "hope and pray" gun free zones that are so prevalent throughout this country.

What about outside the CPAC ? The big bad scary world ! You’ve now disarmed the CPAC people people on their way in and out of the place .

Ohhhh scary unwashed protesters outside ! And you without your pink pistol!

In any event they provided a secure area with screening and onsite security, thus they were not one of those "hope and pray" gun free zones that are so prevalent throughout this country.

What about outside the CPAC ? The big bad scary world ! You’ve now disarmed the CPAC people people on their way in and out of the place .

They can keep their guns in their car or at their hotel, as appropriate for the localities CCW laws.

Or they travelled by plane without it, BY CHOICE.

If there are any protesters outside, the police are there to handle it, as is their job.

Dear Timmy which is another reason you don't disarm people.
Exactly!

That's why this only works for special events where you can afford screening and security detail.
People AGREED to take this risk in order to see Trump and Dana Loesch and others
who have death threats against their life, and who REQUIRE special security protocol.

You're right, anything could happen.
so that's why you don't have this on an ongoing basis.

We'd have to solve the problem with security another way.

Do you think every citizen can afford to have the President's level of security following
them and their family around every day?

No, of course not.
We need to address and solve the problem of mental and criminal illness,
abuse and violations. That's the real cause of crime violence attacks and killings.

All this is temporary until we get rid of the real cause of killing.

And guess who has the solutions to that Timmy
The Christians and the Constitutionalists.

You are like mocking Christians who use medicine for extreme cases that require it,
as some excuse to reject Christian spiritual healing that can CURE the CAUSE of disease in the first place.

Extreme cases require more extreme treatments.
But if you address the root cause BEFORE it becomes more physical,
YES, the spiritual healing works without requiring medicine in cases of earlier intervention.

Similarly here, Timmy, the respect for the laws that Christians and Constitutionalists
teach and practice DOES deter, detect and correct the causes of sick lawless abusive behavior
including addiction and mental/criminal ill disorders.

So if the left rejects that deterrent and preventative factor, that Christians and Constitutionalists argue solves these problems, you are left arguing over how to protect yourself from the symptoms.

CPAC is an event with more extreme security measures because of the
protocol required of the speakers presented where the attendees AGREED to those policies.

This level of security is NOT provided in schools, so some attendees do NOT agree to those policies.

So, basically you agree that Parkland should have metal detectors and not arming teachers and students.

Thanks, wasn't that easy?

I do agree that all schools should have metal detectors, sure don't see anything that suggests I'm against arming teachers...students no. You need to learn how to pay attention.

I am paying attention. The conservative response to 'gun free zones' is usually more guns. That is unless it comes to one of their own little shindigs. It's the hypocrisy that you are clearly trying to avoid.

Great, since you are paying attention, perhaps you can point out where I said "not arming teachers and students".

Somehow you think that CPAC throwing up metal detectors and disarming the 'good guys' isn't hypocritical? Or are you stuck on my rhetorical question demonstrating the rights hypocrisy?

The President and Vice President spoke at CPAC, and that means that the secret service determined that no guns were allowed except by security people. After all, it is really difficult ensuring that some left wing nuts are not there, attempting to shoot the President, in order to impress an actress.

Then surely more guns are better than less guns. After all the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Apparently there's a bit of bullshit in that statement.

I do agree that all schools should have metal detectors, sure don't see anything that suggests I'm against arming teachers...students no. You need to learn how to pay attention.

I am paying attention. The conservative response to 'gun free zones' is usually more guns. That is unless it comes to one of their own little shindigs. It's the hypocrisy that you are clearly trying to avoid.

Great, since you are paying attention, perhaps you can point out where I said "not arming teachers and students".

Somehow you think that CPAC throwing up metal detectors and disarming the 'good guys' isn't hypocritical? Or are you stuck on my rhetorical question demonstrating the rights hypocrisy?

The President and Vice President spoke at CPAC, and that means that the secret service determined that no guns were allowed except by security people. After all, it is really difficult ensuring that some left wing nuts are not there, attempting to shoot the President, in order to impress an actress.

Then surely more guns are better than less guns. After all the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Apparently there's a bit of bullshit in that statement.

That's right. Asking him "please?" and telling him "this is a gun free zone and you are breaking the law" is NOT going to work!

That's right. Asking him "please?" and telling him "this is a gun free zone and you are breaking the law" is NOT going to work!

Really? CPAC was shot up?

At CPAC they use metal detectors before people can enter, and thus create a secure zone where NO ONE can bring in a gun. I'm also sure they spring for armed security in case some lefty nutter tries to shoot up the place.

Most gun free schools don't actually do anything to create a true secure space, nor do they have any real response plan set up involving onsite armed responders.

Nice try though.

Comparing 26,000 schools all day for 200 days a year to a single couple day convention where everyone goes through metal detectors is just the shallow idiot that you are that you have to rely on hyperbole.

Sure, if it's one school for two days, we can put up enough metal detectors and lock all the doors to make it a gun free zone. What do we learn from that?

Snarky is more effective if it makes some sort of sense

Comparing 26,000 schools all day for 200 days a year to a single couple day convention where everyone goes through metal detectors is just the shallow idiot that you are that you have to rely on hyperbole.

Sure, if it's one school for two days, we can put up enough metal detectors and lock all the doors to make it a gun free zone. What do we learn from that?

Their counter arguments are so stupid as to not even require a response. :D

I can understand the concept of guns not being allowed in certain areas for certain reasons. However, to use a gun free zone as a deterrent to a lunatic is where the lunacy comes into play here!

Snarky is more effective if it makes some sort of sense[/QUOTE]

No snark, legit question.

right wing phonies . Blaming gun free zones is a favorite diversion of the gun nuts .

Yet CPAC was gun free! Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Trump trashes gun-free schools at CPAC 2018 -- where people aren't allowed to bring in guns
Nor can the goons bring guns to an NRA convention

5 places Republicans have no problems banning guns
Which is due to the rules of the venue (which is generally rented) and/or local ordinances. Concealed weapons are allowed in the NRA headquarters.

right wing phonies . Blaming gun free zones is a favorite diversion of the gun nuts .

Trump trashes gun-free schools at CPAC 2018 -- where people aren't allowed to bring in guns

False equivalency

CPAC wasn't a gun free zone?

That was the limit of your understanding of what I said? Not surprised. For the answer, read my last post

I'm not in your head, what do you mean by false equivalency?

OK. CPAC was not shot up. Everyone went through metal detectors. It was a single convention for a few days, not 26,000 schools all day for 200 days a year. Now what did we learn from this, grasshopper?

False equivalency

CPAC wasn't a gun free zone?

That was the limit of your understanding of what I said? Not surprised. For the answer, read my last post

I'm not in your head, what do you mean by false equivalency?

Um ... The post was three short sentences. You weren't able to read that?

Since it's up now, it was in reply 110 as well as 117

Nor can the goons bring guns to an NRA convention

5 places Republicans have no problems banning guns
Which is due to the rules of the venue (which is generally rented) and/or local ordinances. Concealed weapons are allowed in the NRA headquarters.

Do you have an authoritative source that says the NRA allows visitors to conceal carry? Just curious.

OK. CPAC was not shot up. Everyone went through metal detectors. It was a single convention for a few days, not 26,000 schools all day for 200 days a year. Now what did we learn from this, grasshopper?

Why does the length of CPA matter? That doesn't make much sense.

Forum List

Back