🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Crazy animal rights people in CA

tim_duncan2000

Jan 11, 2004
I'm sure many of you have heard the story about the mountain lion that was killed. Of course, there were many people outraged about it.

Recently a mountain lion was discovered up in a tree in Palo Alto, a residential community adjacent to Stanford University. This was at about the time of day when a nearby school was getting ready to let out. There had already been an incident of a horse being found mauled by some animal on Stanford land, and some thought it might have been a mountain lion that did it.

Fearing that the mountain lion might find one of the local school children a tempting target, the police shot and killed the animal. Outrage against the police erupted up and down the San Francisco peninsula and as far away as Marin County, on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge, more than 30 miles away.
Yeah, what were they thinking when they killed that mountain lion when school was going to be let out soon. :rolleyes:

The police, of course, have to deal with mundane realities all the time. Not long before this episode, the police had tried to capture three mountain lion cubs by shooting them with tranquilizers. They missed on two out of three tries with one cub.

What if the police had shot a tranquilizer gun at the adult mountain lion in the tree and missed? Would they have had a chance to get off a second shot at a swiftly moving target before he pounced on one of the hundreds of children that were soon to be leaving school near him?
I guess they should have done that. I know that if they did and it didn't work, they'd complain about that too. What a bunch of idiots.

Link

Originally posted by tim_duncan2000
I'm sure many of you have heard the story about the mountain lion that was killed. Of course, there were many people outraged about it.

Yeah, what were they thinking when they killed that mountain lion when school was going to be let out soon. :rolleyes:

I guess they should have done that. I know that if they did and it didn't work, they'd complain about that too. What a bunch of idiots.

Link

They easily could have tranqed it. u said, what if they miss with the tranq gun, well what if they missed with the real gun. they didn't have to kill the thing. btw, they do have tranq's that start working immedietly.

Forum List

Back