Crazy snow storm

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
We're getting about 2 inches an hour WITH thunder. Started a few hours ago and isn't supposed to stop until around midnight. Coming down so heavy now ya can't see but about 20 feet in front of you.

It was forcasted about 24 hours in advance and unlike so many of the idiots we see on the news when it comes to bad weather we prepared for it.

• Banned
Anyone else getting these storms? We're preparing for round 2 now. Got a foot last week and now they're forcasting another foot or two in the next couple days.

It took them 2 days with the first round to plow the side streets to make them usuable and that was only a foot. If you didn't have a 4x4 high off the ground you were screwed.

This crap is killing my work schedule lol

• Banned
Sleet and freezing rain is expected to start this afternoon. Headed back into town now to prepare. We haven't seen a winter like this in a decade.

• Banned
Yup. Rain, sleet, or snow we need the moisture.

It's taking so long to melt and we're getting so much that it should provide for a good fertile spring.

Just sucks cause I have to close down work so much this winter. Especially the job we're on now. It's an hour and a half one way out in the middle of nowhere. Dangers roads even with 4x4

Anyone else getting these storms? We're preparing for round 2 now. Got a foot last week and now they're forcasting another foot or two in the next couple days.

It took them 2 days with the first round to plow the side streets to make them usuable and that was only a foot. If you didn't have a 4x4 high off the ground you were screwed.

This crap is killing my work schedule lol

We have only gotten 3 or 4 inches in the past few days. It's snowing a little bit right now but an hour ago the snow was starting to melt.

They are saying that we will get at least 6 inches in northwestern Illinois starting tomorrow evening. And to think I saw some Robins today.

Forum List

Back