Crazy video shows runner get sucker punched at Florida HS track meet

Oh, you pole vaulted? I used to watch the pole vaulters break their poles once in a while. That always scared the crap outta me for some reason whenever I saw that happen. Looked too dangerous.

I did the 400, the 1600m relay, the high jump and 300m hurdles.

I never could clear six feet on a high jump because I had a fear of snapping my neck. You know how you kind of have to bend your body backward to get over the bar? I would never do that, it was always like I was sitting whenever I crossed the bar, if you can picture that.

I had to buy my own pole for pole vaulting because my height and weight were not standard for the usual athletes competing on the school team.
I wasn't very good at it and would be out of the competition after the first or second round.
I was skilled at the Fosbury Flop in the high jump though, and had no issues with momentum.

Generally ... I have never been scared of catching air whenever and however possible.
Dirt bikes, wakeboards, snowboards ... Bring it on ... :auiqs.jpg:

So white runner shoved the black runner earlier like I said and it was payback for that :rolleyes:
Sounds like the black guy was CHEATING trying to disqualify the white runner by standing in his lane but when the white pushed him out of the lane so he wouldn't be disqualified--black guy physically attacked. him.

I had to buy my own pole for pole vaulting because my height and weight were not standard for the usual athletes competing on the school team.
I wasn't very good at it and would be out of the competition after the first or second round.
I was skilled at the Fosbury Flop in the high jump though, and had no issues with momentum.

Generally ... I have never been scared of catching air whenever and however possible.
Dirt bikes, wakeboards, snowboards ... Bring it on ... :auiqs.jpg:

This is the thing, right here.....

I'd consider just getting over the crossbar and landing on the mat a victory in itself. Whenever I would tinker around with the high jump at practice I'd watch the vaulters. They'd spring backward and get slingshottd back onto the approach pavement quite a bit. Looked like it hurt nice and good, too.

But if you like bikes and boards, I can see why you'd do the pole vault.

reportedly the white runner had shoved the black runner earlier, causing him to fall and this was payback for that.
Are you sure it wasn't because he made a joke about the other kid's bald girlfriend?

This is the thing, right here.....

I'd consider just getting over the crossbar and landing on the mat a victory in itself. Whenever I would tinker around with the high jump at practice I'd watch the vaulters. They'd spring backward and get slingshottd back onto the approach pavement quite a bit. Looked like it hurt nice and good, too.

But if you like bikes and boards, I can see why you'd do the pole vault.

When I was in high school one kid impaled himself on one of those.

Wow this is off of the charts low, kinda like what Moochelle said when they go low we punch em.

Just for the record, the white guy pushed the black guy out of the way and the next lap the blackguy punched him. This happened down here in Florida. Embarrassing!

There is much pushing and shoving in big time track events fighting for lane positioning.
This behavior is not unprecedented.

Forum List

Back