Creationists suffer another legal defeat

You are the one telling outright lies. ID involves a lot more than "God designed creation"

ALL CHRISTIANS believe that God designed creation. Very few Christians believe in ID

For example, ID involves the belief that natural selection doesn't happen.

Gee, I thought that ID simply required that intelligence be involved in guiding the process. Glad to know I am wrong.

What is intelligent design?
Intelligent design refers to a scientific research program as well as a community of scientists, philosophers and other scholars who seek evidence of design in nature. The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection. Through the study and analysis of a system's components, a design theorist is able to determine whether various natural structures are the product of chance, natural law, intelligent design, or some combination thereof. Such research is conducted by observing the types of information produced when intelligent agents act. Scientists then seek to find objects which have those same types of informational properties which we commonly know come from intelligence. Intelligent design has applied these scientific methods to detect design in irreducibly complex biological structures, the complex and specified information content in DNA, the life-sustaining physical architecture of the universe, and the geologically rapid origin of biological diversity in the fossil record during the Cambrian explosion approximately 530 million years ago.

Intelligent Design

Guess I am not the only one. It seems you are putting words in people's mouths again. You seem to have a habit of that.

If an intelligent non-supernatural being created life, then who or what created the intelligent non-supernatural being?

ID doesn't mention God because ID'ers are dishonest, but there is no other conclusion that can be reached from ID except that a supernatural intelligence created life.

That is neither creationism nor ID

Try again

Either you are saying that Richard Dawkins is a Christian, or you are saying he doesn't know what he is talking about. I am intersted in seeing which it is.

Dawkins appears quite serious about the possibility of Intelligent Alien Design and has mentioned it on a number of occasions. From a recent documentary called "Expelled" we have:
BEN STEIN: What do you think is the possibility that Intelligent Design might turn out to be the answer to some issues in genetics or in evolution.

DAWKINS: Well, it could come about in the following way. It could be that at some earlier time, somewhere in the universe, a civilization evolved, probably by some kind of Darwinian means, probably to a very high level of technology, and designed a form of life that they seeded onto perhaps this planet. Now, um, now that is a possibility, and an intriguing possibility. And I suppose it's possible that you might find evidence for that if you look at the details of biochemistry, molecular biology, you might find a signature of some sort of designer.
Richard Dawkins on Intelligent Alien Design

More evidence that you can't read and understand what you've read

Dawkins doesn't believe in Intelligent Design. He believes in "Intelligent Alien Design".

There's a difference, you boob

Intelligent design is the concept that an intelligence is responsible for the present evolution of life on Earth. Unless we have time travel and exist because of a paradox, ie, we went back and designed ourselves, any intelligent design would have to involve an alien.

You are the one telling outright lies. ID involves a lot more than "God designed creation"

ALL CHRISTIANS believe that God designed creation. Very few Christians believe in ID

For example, ID involves the belief that natural selection doesn't happen.

Gee, I thought that ID simply required that intelligence be involved in guiding the process. Glad to know I am wrong.

What is intelligent design?
Intelligent design refers to a scientific research program as well as a community of scientists, philosophers and other scholars who seek evidence of design in nature. The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection. Through the study and analysis of a system's components, a design theorist is able to determine whether various natural structures are the product of chance, natural law, intelligent design, or some combination thereof. Such research is conducted by observing the types of information produced when intelligent agents act. Scientists then seek to find objects which have those same types of informational properties which we commonly know come from intelligence. Intelligent design has applied these scientific methods to detect design in irreducibly complex biological structures, the complex and specified information content in DNA, the life-sustaining physical architecture of the universe, and the geologically rapid origin of biological diversity in the fossil record during the Cambrian explosion approximately 530 million years ago.
Intelligent Design

Guess I am not the only one. It seems you are putting words in people's mouths again. You seem to have a habit of that.

If an intelligent non-supernatural being created life, then who or what created the intelligent non-supernatural being?

ID doesn't mention God because ID'ers are dishonest, but there is no other conclusion that can be reached from ID except that a supernatural intelligence created life.

Define supernatural, any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Since I already proved that the world's most obnoxious atheist has no real problem with the concept of intelligent design I want to know why you insist that the only possible interpretation of it is one that lets you mock it. Are you so insecure in your own beliefs that you the only way you can compensate is by insisting that no one else can have one that does not correspond to your definition of it?

Either you are saying that Richard Dawkins is a Christian, or you are saying he doesn't know what he is talking about. I am intersted in seeing which it is.

Dawkins doesn't believe in Intelligent Design. He believes in "Intelligent Alien Design".

Intelligent design is the concept that an intelligence is responsible for the present evolution of life on Earth. Unless we have time travel and exist because of a paradox, ie, we went back and designed ourselves, any intelligent design would have to involve an alien.

And what intelligence created the alien?

Intelligent Design

Define supernatural, any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Since I already proved that the world's most obnoxious atheist has no real problem with the concept of intelligent design I want to know why you insist that the only possible interpretation of it is one that lets you mock it. Are you so insecure in your own beliefs that you the only way you can compensate is by insisting that no one else can have one that does not correspond to your definition of it?

You really don't know what the word "supernatural" means? You think "advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"?

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

And what intelligence created the alien?

The same one that created God.

Intelligent Design is about the origins of life on Earth, not anywhere else. It is easily debunked with available data, but you have to resort to claiming it is about something else in order to debunk it. This makes you just as bad as the people you condemn for lying about facts in order to support ID. I suppose it makes you feel superior to them, but you aren't.

You really don't know what the word "supernatural" means? You think "advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"?

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Just because you believe in ghosts and goblins does not mean I am required to.

That is neither creationism nor ID

Try again

Dawkins appears quite serious about the possibility of Intelligent Alien Design and has mentioned it on a number of occasions. From a recent documentary called "Expelled" we have: BEN STEIN: What do you think is the possibility that Intelligent Design might turn out to be the answer to some issues in genetics or in evolution.

DAWKINS: Well, it could come about in the following way. It could be that at some earlier time, somewhere in the universe, a civilization evolved, probably by some kind of Darwinian means, probably to a very high level of technology, and designed a form of life that they seeded onto perhaps this planet. Now, um, now that is a possibility, and an intriguing possibility. And I suppose it's possible that you might find evidence for that if you look at the details of biochemistry, molecular biology, you might find a signature of some sort of designer.

More specifically, Richard Dawkins believes in "anything but God did it."

We can't but that doesn't matter. It is science if they say so. ;)

You are as bad as he is, insisting that only your interpretation of the world is valid. The only thing that is valid is truth, not what we think truth is.

And what are you suggesting "the truth" is?

I am not suggesting it is anything, it simply is. Look at the world and study it for in the creation of God you find the best evidence of God. Psalm 19:1

You are as bad as he is, insisting that only your interpretation of the world is valid. The only thing that is valid is truth, not what we think truth is.

I am not suggesting it is anything, it simply is. Look at the world and study it for in the creation of God you find the best evidence of God. Psalm 19:1

I'm not sure I understand your sentance there but if it is, then it should be able to be defined. If I say "water exists", then I should be able to define what it is.

LOL!!

Astrophysics and geology are subject to scientific experiments. Their concepts are testable.

Please explain how we can test conditions that we cannot replicate.

Spoken like a true ignorant hick: someone who has no scientific education or understanding returning to the idea of "it I don't personally understand it, they're making it up". Here's a hint: scientists are smarter than you.

I'm not sure I understand your sentance there but if it is, then it should be able to be defined. If I say "water exists", then I should be able to define what it is.

Can you? After all, water does exist. It just happens to be a lot easier to point to it and say water than to define it.

QW, one can verify water exists AND define it. Creationism can't do that because its philosophy is metaphysical and untestable by the scientific method. Teach it in liberal arts or humanities or philosophy or comparative religion classes, but never ever never in a science classroom: why? it is not science.

Please explain how we can test conditions that we cannot replicate.

Spoken like a true ignorant hick: someone who has no scientific education or understanding returning to the idea of "it I don't personally understand it, they're making it up". Here's a hint: scientists are smarter than you.

That's step 2. Once you make something up then claim that you are smarter and that's why no one understands you. Good one!

Can you? After all, water does exist. It just happens to be a lot easier to point to it and say water than to define it.

Is that true?

That's step 2. Once you make something up then claim that you are smarter and that's why no one understands you. Good one!

If you studied science instead of religion you'd understand. Creationism belongs to religion class, not science class. Science needs evidence, not mythology.

Last edited:

If you studied science instead of religion you'd understand. Creationism belongs to religion class, not science class. Science needs evidence, not mythology.

yep. in a thousand years, all of the hebrew religions will be lumped in the same category as we think of ancient religions now.

Forum List

Back