Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you STILL connecting evolution and the beginning of life? Separate issues!

You can believe as you wish and that is what you have been taught but it's not the case.

For life to begin if what you believe is true the amino acids, the proteins,and other things to form the cell had to evolve to form life. The reason why you are taught that they are two separate issue is because they have no answer for the origins question and like to avoid the question.

First, you don't know what I believe. You are, as usual, assuming you do.

Second, evolution is about how life forms change over time. It doesn't matter if they were placed here by a god, or aliens, or formed spontaneously; evolution is still going to describe the changes they undergo.

I think you have things backwards. I think the reason you want to combine the two issues is because there is no sure answer for how life began. If evolution and the origins of life are two separate issues, you can't try to discredit one by pointing out flaws or lack of explanation in the other.

No sure answer??? Are you smoking crack? There isn't any explanation at all that is even remotely close for how life began. By your statement I assyoume you mean there IS a sure answer for evolution, which is tragic that reasonably intelligent people like yourself have been so deceived by a speculative science with no "sure" evidence. So now your "think it happened this way" trumps my "think it happened this way." We think the dinosaurs were killed off by an asteroid impact. That is, until new evidence reveals they farted themselves into oblivion...

Dinosaur "Farts" Caused Global Warming, Extinction?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvopmcc86kU&feature=player_embedded]Dinosaur farts - YouTube[/ame]

Evolution is the explanation it is linked with the origins question.

So you don't believe as miller and urey who believed in prebiotic evolution ?

But anyhow this is solid evidence that a cell could not form without a designer.

Evolution is separate from the origin of life. How life forms change over time has nothing to do with what started them. If god put a bunch of life on the planet, that does nothing to confirm or deny evolution. If life came about through random action, that does nothing to confirm or deny evolution. Your desire to make them the same doesn't change this.

I have no firm belief as to how life began. I haven't seen evidence of any particular answer I find compelling.

You may feel the evidence is solid that life could not form without a designer. Others disagree. I am in the disagree camp.

I think we've already adressed this. Without an agreed upon definition of fitness that is more than mere speculation, the theory of evolution has absolutely no scientific basis whatsoever. So even with origin of life questions out of the picture, the lack of scientific evidence of natural selection is alarming. It makes for a nice fairy tale to support a materialistic world view though even if there isn't any scientific evidence to back it up. "We think the beaks got longer because..." or "We think the neck is longer because..." does not equate to scientific evidence, but is only mere speculation. There is not one single proof known of natural selection in action, no not one.

Not sure if any of this constitutes a proof, but here you go anyway :

Curiosity "10 Examples of Natural Selection"

As to the definition of fitness, it would basically be the animal best able to survive and reproduce.

You can believe as you wish and that is what you have been taught but it's not the case.

For life to begin if what you believe is true the amino acids, the proteins,and other things to form the cell had to evolve to form life. The reason why you are taught that they are two separate issue is because they have no answer for the origins question and like to avoid the question.

Second, evolution is about how life forms change over time. It doesn't matter if they were placed here by a god, or aliens, or formed spontaneously; evolution is still going to describe the changes they undergo.

I think you have things backwards. I think the reason you want to combine the two issues is because there is no sure answer for how life began. If evolution and the origins of life are two separate issues, you can't try to discredit one by pointing out flaws or lack of explanation in the other.

No sure answer??? Are you smoking crack? There isn't any explanation at all that is even remotely close for how life began. By your statement I assyoume you mean there IS a sure answer for evolution, which is tragic that reasonably intelligent people like yourself have been so deceived by a speculative science with no "sure" evidence. So now your "think it happened this way" trumps my "think it happened this way." We think the dinosaurs were killed off by an asteroid impact. That is, until new evidence reveals they farted themselves into oblivion...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvopmcc86kU&feature=player_embedded]Dinosaur farts - YouTube[/ame]

What I'm saying is that ideas about the origin of life are, so far as I'm aware, entirely speculative. Evolution, on the other hand, has evidence. You may disagree about what the evidence means, perhaps along the lines of YWC's belief that micro-evolution occurs where macro-evolution does not, but there is at least evidence of SOME amount of evolution.

On the other hand, I have yet to see anything I would consider evidence of design. There is speculation, but since humans are (for the most part) the only being we have seen design anything, and we have not yet created life, I don't think we have enough of a reference. That doesn't mean life couldn't have been designed, simply that I have not seen any compelling evidence that is the case.

Anyway, the point of my post was that evolution and the origin of life are not the same topic. Attempts to discredit evolutionary theory by pointing out we don't know how life began are disingenuous at best.

What I'm saying is that ideas about the origin of life are, so far as I'm aware, entirely speculative. Evolution, on the other hand, has evidence. You may disagree about what the evidence means, perhaps along the lines of YWC's belief that micro-evolution occurs where macro-evolution does not, but there is at least evidence of SOME amount of evolution..

Please provide an example of observed vertical change in a living, observable species, i.e., a species moving to more complexity, not less. We can't even agree on what evolution means vs. adaptation.

On the other hand, I have yet to see anything I would consider evidence of design. There is speculation, but since humans are (for the most part) the only being we have seen design anything, and we have not yet created life, I don't think we have enough of a reference. That doesn't mean life couldn't have been designed, simply that I have not seen any compelling evidence that is the case.

Anyway, the point of my post was that evolution and the origin of life are not the same topic. Attempts to discredit evolutionary theory by pointing out we don't know how life began are disingenuous at best.

I disagree. The most vehement Materialists extend origin of life arguments into the TOE. You say evolution and origin of life are not the same topic so could you please tell me where the line is and answer the following questions: Who/what is the mythical common ancestor? At what definitive point does the origin of life school of thought end and evolution begin? Where does Darwin's tree of life begin?? Just because you don't consider it evidence of design, Dr. Stephen Meyer has laid out a perfectly sound scientific theory on ID. As far as the ambiguous "fitness" the pathetic so called scientific theory clings to:

"This is the long-running and much-debated claim that natural selection, as an explanation of the evolutionary origin of species, is tautological — it cannot be falsified because it attempts no real explanation. It tells us: the kinds of organisms that survive and reproduce are the kinds of organisms that survive and reproduce.... But what is really ridiculous is to suggest that empirical work, simply by virtue of being empirical work, offers a proper test of any particular theory. Certainly the work of evolutionary biologists has brought us many wonderful insights into the lives of organisms — insights of the sort that were being gained long before Darwin."

"Not only do we have great difficulty locating meaningless chance in the context of the actual life of organisms; it now turns out that the one outcome with respect to which randomness of mutation is supposed to obtain — namely, the organism’s fitness — cannot be given any definite or agreed-upon meaning, let alone one that is testable. How then did anyone ever arrive at the conclusion that mutations are random in relation to fitness? There certainly has never been any empirical demonstration of the conclusion, and it is difficult even to conceive the possibility of such a demonstration."

"And then, finally, we must be sure to pay no heed to the fact that the fitness, against which we have assumed our notion of randomness could be defined, is one of the most obscure, ill-formed concepts in all of science."

"This “something random” looks every bit as wishful as the appeal to a miracle. It is the central miracle in a gospel of meaninglessness, a “Randomness of the gaps,” demanding an extraordinarily blind faith."

Excerpts from The New Atlantis

Last edited:
Evolution is separate from the origin of life. How life forms change over time has nothing to do with what started them. If god put a bunch of life on the planet, that does nothing to confirm or deny evolution. If life came about through random action, that does nothing to confirm or deny evolution. Your desire to make them the same doesn't change this.

I have no firm belief as to how life began. I haven't seen evidence of any particular answer I find compelling.

You may feel the evidence is solid that life could not form without a designer. Others disagree. I am in the disagree camp.

I think we've already adressed this. Without an agreed upon definition of fitness that is more than mere speculation, the theory of evolution has absolutely no scientific basis whatsoever. So even with origin of life questions out of the picture, the lack of scientific evidence of natural selection is alarming. It makes for a nice fairy tale to support a materialistic world view though even if there isn't any scientific evidence to back it up. "We think the beaks got longer because..." or "We think the neck is longer because..." does not equate to scientific evidence, but is only mere speculation. There is not one single proof known of natural selection in action, no not one.

Not sure if any of this constitutes a proof, but here you go anyway :

Curiosity "10 Examples of Natural Selection"

As to the definition of fitness, it would basically be the animal best able to survive and reproduce.

All 10 of those examples are speculative at best. Notice the use of phrases like "might have" and The finch example is the biggest joke ever foisted on thinking people. Is anyone asking questions like, "what prevents the large beak bird from eating the small soft seeds? Why would the small beak birds come back? Please point me to the scientific study documenting the diet of the birds through sampling the contents of their stomach. Or the experimental data on the population counts of small beak versus large beak birds? Even if if the fantasy actually could be documented scientifically, this change is not vertical!!! I wouldn't call beak size changes evolution. I would call that adaptation. Would you agree that a human is more advanced that an Ameoba? Would you agree that a negro is more advanced than a causcasian? I wouldn't. Just because one's skin has ADAPTED to more UV rays does not get you from a microbe to a mircrobioligists. The emperor has no clothes. It is funny that you folks can't see how ignorant you really sound by the preposterous, scientifically baseless examples you profess.

From your so called scientific excellent examples:

As a result, rat snakes have had to adapt to their local environments in an effort to avoid detection and hunt more effectively. (Come on guys!!! Are you really this brainwashed??? Did anyone notice the BRIGHT ORANGE snake against the brown leaf background sticking out like a sore thumb??) Who are the snakes predators?? What are the different snakes diet? Where is the scientific evidence that color affects fitness at all???

The differences in their beaks might be the most important aspect of their survival. (Note: fitness is only speculated in this example. Where is the empirical scientific evidence?)

According to experts, the brightness of the plumage might signal to females that the animal has high-quality genes.

I can't even figure out how the warrior ant example proves fitness or natural selection???

Without this change, the deer mouse would be easily spotted by predators against the area's light terrain. Just one single gene had to change for the mouse's coat to become lighter. What's even more impressive? The change took only about 8,000 years, which is the equivalent to seconds in the evolutionary scale. [8,000 years is an eternity for a fast reproducing species on the run from a predator. Also, where is the scientific evidence the sand hill mouse came from the woods?] Again, mostly speculation!!!

Every single time the experiment was tried, the bacteria would evolve until it was able to consume nylon [source: Michigan State University]. This is a very simple example of natural selection, where the most basic forms of life can adapt to whatever food the environment offers. OHH MY GOSH. Apply some logic here people!!! If every single time the bacteria adapted, where is the natural selection happening. Please tell me at least ONE of the species of bacteria DIDN't adapt to eating nylon!!

The lizards with the longest legs were able to climb better, escape the ground when floods or storms came, and reach food that wasn't available down below. TOTAL SPECULATION like the Giraffe neck fantasy!!!!

And the finest example of SCIENTIFIC Evidence yet!! The mutation probably happened over hundreds of generations as a result of the constant exposure to malaria and people contracting and surviving it.

Might have, probably did, could have, bet you it did, blah, blah, blah. Wake up people!!! You've been duped!!!!

Last edited:
God, please let the scales fall from their eyes so they might see their folly in all its glory...

"although this DNA is preferentially transferred (be it vertically or laterally) within a given genetic world, there is some inter-world transfer of DNA molecules occurring, leading to exchanges among different DNA vehicles (2.5% of the DNA families). This observation indicates that the changes accumulated relatively independently in the molecules of any of these worlds (i.e., the results of molecular evolution for different regimes of selective pressures and for different historical constraints) do regularly cross into another world. In principle, selected (or drifting) DNA molecules with their special adaptations can then invade and impact a new genetic world. Deciphering the rules of transitions of transfer between genetic worlds could then become a central question, prompting an integrated study of genetic evolution. In any case, the picture of the evolution of the natural genetic biodiversity should not be considered complete without the DNA molecules of any of these worlds. It implies that no general model of genetic evolution can be universally valid. Rather, many evolutionary models of the genetic biodiversity should legitimately coexist: DNA molecules change in some phages differently than they do in plasmids, or in populations of prokaryotic chromosomes. Sequencing and making trees out of the molecular data cannot hope to adequately deal with this disconnected network of genetic diversity. In the future, a plurality of evolutionary research fields will be required to understand the evolution of the various genetic worlds.

Don’t worry if you don’t follow all those details, for this is not science but rather story-telling. These conclusions are not motivated by the scientific data but rather by the conviction that evolution must be true, in spite of the data."

Darwin's God: Here is Evolution’s Version of the Multiverse

Last edited:

What I'm saying is that ideas about the origin of life are, so far as I'm aware, entirely speculative. Evolution, on the other hand, has evidence. You may disagree about what the evidence means, perhaps along the lines of YWC's belief that micro-evolution occurs where macro-evolution does not, but there is at least evidence of SOME amount of evolution.

Well I prefer to call it micro-adaptations because for instance the finch that was being wiped out because of their environment that darwin observed while the other finches that were better adapted for drought flourished. But when the rains came the shorter beak finch made a strong comeback.

All organisms have the ability to adapt but there are limits to adaptation when a group of organisms go beyond the limits they can go extinct.

Last edited:
God, please let the scales fall from their eyes so they might see their folly in all its glory...

"although this DNA is preferentially transferred (be it vertically or laterally) within a given genetic world, there is some inter-world transfer of DNA molecules occurring, leading to exchanges among different DNA vehicles (2.5% of the DNA families). This observation indicates that the changes accumulated relatively independently in the molecules of any of these worlds (i.e., the results of molecular evolution for different regimes of selective pressures and for different historical constraints) do regularly cross into another world. In principle, selected (or drifting) DNA molecules with their special adaptations can then invade and impact a new genetic world. Deciphering the rules of transitions of transfer between genetic worlds could then become a central question, prompting an integrated study of genetic evolution. In any case, the picture of the evolution of the natural genetic biodiversity should not be considered complete without the DNA molecules of any of these worlds. It implies that no general model of genetic evolution can be universally valid. Rather, many evolutionary models of the genetic biodiversity should legitimately coexist: DNA molecules change in some phages differently than they do in plasmids, or in populations of prokaryotic chromosomes. Sequencing and making trees out of the molecular data cannot hope to adequately deal with this disconnected network of genetic diversity. In the future, a plurality of evolutionary research fields will be required to understand the evolution of the various genetic worlds.

Don’t worry if you don’t follow all those details, for this is not science but rather story-telling. These conclusions are not motivated by the scientific data but rather by the conviction that evolution must be true, in spite of the data."

Darwin's God: Here is Evolution’s Version of the Multiverse

I believe that microadaptations do happen change within a family but not from one family to a new family = Macro-evolution.

I believe most animals and humans were created as they are with very little change except the ability to adapt to their enviroment.

What tools were used in the construction of the pyramids ?did I make myself clear ?

Even though they did not have iron tools or modern instruments, the pyramids were constructed with amazing architectural accuracy. No other monument can inspire wonder like the pyramids, especially when you consider that they are over four and a half thousand years old.

These people were pretty intelligent no ?

The Pyramids of Egypt
no but they did have bronze and other stones that were as tools.
they also used wedges and hot water to split stones.
you get accuracy by practice. the evidence proves a couple thousand of it (5500 bce to 30 bce)
you do realize that the pyramids at Giza are the newest pyramids not the oldest..

again you make a subjective declaration "No other monument can inspire wonder like the pyramids,"

have you ever been there? I have.
ever been to Angkor watt? I have and it's far more intricate.

These people were pretty intelligent no- ywc ...yes, what's your point ?

Some of you seem to think that early man were ignorant goat herders I was showing they were not. That was my point they and the ones who wrote the bible were not ignorant goat herders. You can read all the Wikipedia you want and you still will not know how they built the pyramids and the tools that were used.
bullshit!

Tools Used in Building a Pyramid
X Nancy Hayden Nancy Hayden has been a professional writer since 1994. She began her career in theater as an actor and designer before becoming an improviser and sketch writer at The Second City Theater. Hayden uses her experience in improvisation to write about team-building skills for corporate groups.

By Nancy Hayden, eHow Contributor
Some believe the Great Pyramid of Giza took 100,000 men 20 years to build. The pyramids of Egypt are truly a wonder of architecture and engineering. The great pyramid of Giza is as tall as a 50-story building. Constructing a building like that today would be an impressive feat, to say nothing of building it thousands of years ago. The pyramids were constructed with the most rudimentary of tools. They stand today as a true testament to man's determination and ability.

Tools were archaic during the time that the pyramids were built. Conceptually, they were engineered to accomplish the same tasks as today's tools, but the resources available were limited. The ingenuity of the men of the time, however, is apparent. Something harder than stone was needed to break the stones. Gold and copper were the two available metal alloys at the time. Gold was too soft to break stone, so copper was used to make chisels and saws to break into the bedrock and cut stones. Copper was also used to make an adze, a piece with a wooden handle used to file and shape the stone. A rudimentary drill was also used. These were comprised of pointed copper with a wooden handle. A piece of wood was attached at the center in the shape of a cross, and it slid back and forth like a bow. This would spin the copper piece being used as a drill bit.

Stones
Stones were not only the building blocks being used to create pyramids, they served as important tools as well. The two main stone types used in construction were limestone and granite. Low-grade limestone was used in creating the inner walls, while smoother white limestone was used on the outer walls. It is believed that the lesser limestone was more readily available. In the case of the Great Pyramid, the fine white limestone is believed to have been quarried from as far as eight miles away. The key in making the stones was to use a tool of harder stone to get softer stone. Hammers or balls made of granite were used to break the softer limestone. Transporting the stones was another tricky task. Sleds of wood were employed, and animals or slaves would drag the sleds by straps to haul the massive stones.

Leveling and Lifting
The pyramids are truly a marvel of engineering. The sides of the Great Pyramid are so geometrically precise that they all rise at the exact same angle and line up perfectly with the four points on the compass. Leveling the ground to construct these pyramids was itself a challenge. Levels, as we know them, did not exist. The Egyptians knew, though, that water always settles to its own level. Channels were dug around the site and filled with water. When the water leveled, rocks and sand were used to fill in the channels. All of this was done as a "tool" in the same way we would use a level today. Ramps were crucial tools used in pyramid construction. With no elevators and even without the wheel for a pulley system, ramps had to be built and added as the pyramids grew higher and higher. The heavy stones would be dragged up the ramps

Read more: Tools Used in Building a Pyramid | eHow.com Tools Used in Building a Pyramid | eHow.com

you must like having your ass handed to you.

That was my point they and the ones who wrote the bible were not ignorant goat herders.-ywc
the problem with that statement is that the people who wrote the bible ,more accurately complied and edited it were not there when the events described happened.
no first hand written accounts exist.
so any statement on the intelligence or education of the people written about in the bible are subjective..and have been embellished.

you get accuracy by practice. the evidence proves a couple thousand of it (5500 bce to 30 bce)
you do realize that the pyramids at Giza are the newest pyramids not the oldest..

again you make a subjective declaration "No other monument can inspire wonder like the pyramids,"

Some of you seem to think that early man were ignorant goat herders I was showing they were not. That was my point they and the ones who wrote the bible were not ignorant goat herders. You can read all the Wikipedia you want and you still will not know how they built the pyramids and the tools that were used.
bullshit!

X Nancy Hayden Nancy Hayden has been a professional writer since 1994. She began her career in theater as an actor and designer before becoming an improviser and sketch writer at The Second City Theater. Hayden uses her experience in improvisation to write about team-building skills for corporate groups.

Some believe the Great Pyramid of Giza took 100,000 men 20 years to build. The pyramids of Egypt are truly a wonder of architecture and engineering. The great pyramid of Giza is as tall as a 50-story building. Constructing a building like that today would be an impressive feat, to say nothing of building it thousands of years ago. The pyramids were constructed with the most rudimentary of tools. They stand today as a true testament to man's determination and ability.

Tools were archaic during the time that the pyramids were built. Conceptually, they were engineered to accomplish the same tasks as today's tools, but the resources available were limited. The ingenuity of the men of the time, however, is apparent. Something harder than stone was needed to break the stones. Gold and copper were the two available metal alloys at the time. Gold was too soft to break stone, so copper was used to make chisels and saws to break into the bedrock and cut stones. Copper was also used to make an adze, a piece with a wooden handle used to file and shape the stone. A rudimentary drill was also used. These were comprised of pointed copper with a wooden handle. A piece of wood was attached at the center in the shape of a cross, and it slid back and forth like a bow. This would spin the copper piece being used as a drill bit.

Stones
Stones were not only the building blocks being used to create pyramids, they served as important tools as well. The two main stone types used in construction were limestone and granite. Low-grade limestone was used in creating the inner walls, while smoother white limestone was used on the outer walls. It is believed that the lesser limestone was more readily available. In the case of the Great Pyramid, the fine white limestone is believed to have been quarried from as far as eight miles away. The key in making the stones was to use a tool of harder stone to get softer stone. Hammers or balls made of granite were used to break the softer limestone. Transporting the stones was another tricky task. Sleds of wood were employed, and animals or slaves would drag the sleds by straps to haul the massive stones.

Leveling and Lifting
The pyramids are truly a marvel of engineering. The sides of the Great Pyramid are so geometrically precise that they all rise at the exact same angle and line up perfectly with the four points on the compass. Leveling the ground to construct these pyramids was itself a challenge. Levels, as we know them, did not exist. The Egyptians knew, though, that water always settles to its own level. Channels were dug around the site and filled with water. When the water leveled, rocks and sand were used to fill in the channels. All of this was done as a "tool" in the same way we would use a level today. Ramps were crucial tools used in pyramid construction. With no elevators and even without the wheel for a pulley system, ramps had to be built and added as the pyramids grew higher and higher. The heavy stones would be dragged up the ramps

Read more: Tools Used in Building a Pyramid | eHow.com Tools Used in Building a Pyramid | eHow.com

That was my point they and the ones who wrote the bible were not ignorant goat herders.-ywc
the problem with that statement is that the people who wrote the bible ,more accurately complied and edited it were not there when the events described happened.
so any statement on the intelligence or education of the people written about in the bible are subjective..and have been embellished.

Some of the authors are not known and some of the books were written within 30 to 40 years after the death of Christ. Besides if they were inspired writings it does not matter when they were written.

Now to your copy and paste, do you know the difference between opinion and fact ? You really can't be this dim can you ?

Copper and gold are too soft some source you have. Breaking up bedrock would require a very hard steel.

Ask me how I know it would take atleast a hard steel.

Last edited:

bullshit!

Stones

Leveling and Lifting

You can pretty much ignore your source because steel is available in Egypt.

Don't you grow weary of trying to take on someone that is always several steps ahead of you :lol:

bullshit!

Stones

Leveling and Lifting

Some of the authors are not known and some of the books were written within 30 to 40 years after the death of Christ. Besides if they were inspired writings it does not matter when they were written.

Now to your copy and paste, do you know the difference between opinion and fact ? You really can't be this dim can you ?

Copper and gold are too soft some source you have. Breaking up bedrock would require a very hard steel.

stop trying to bullshit around your ignorance,

Quarry Tools
The Egyptians used several different tools to cut the stone in the quarries. They used chisels, pickaxes, saws and drills made from copper and bronze, and hammers and chisels from hard rock such as dolerite. They used these to remove the material from the bedrock. They cut and shaped the stone into squares with copper and bronze chisels. They used wooden blocks, levers and sledges to move the blocks, using mud and water as a lubricant to ease the moving of the large stones. Often they transported the stone by boat to the building site.

Read more: What Are the Tools & Materials to Build Pyramids? | eHow.com What Are the Tools & Materials to Build Pyramids? | eHow.com

aks me how i know this THE TOOLS DESCRIBED IN THE PREVIOUS POSTS WERE FOUND AT THE WORKERS CAMP. IT'S CALLED HARD EVIDENCE,,,ONLY A BRAIN DEAD FUCK UP WOULD DEBATE THAT...

bullshit!

Stones

Leveling and Lifting

Don't you grow weary of trying to take on someone that is always several steps ahead of you :lol:
if that statement weren't another one of your false declarations you might be onto something, since it is you must really enjoy flagellating yourself with your hubris ! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

bullshit!

Stones

Leveling and Lifting

Quarry Tools
The Egyptians used several different tools to cut the stone in the quarries. They used chisels, pickaxes, saws and drills made from copper and bronze, and hammers and chisels from hard rock such as dolerite. They used these to remove the material from the bedrock. They cut and shaped the stone into squares with copper and bronze chisels. They used wooden blocks, levers and sledges to move the blocks, using mud and water as a lubricant to ease the moving of the large stones. Often they transported the stone by boat to the building site.

Read more: What Are the Tools & Materials to Build Pyramids? | eHow.com What Are the Tools & Materials to Build Pyramids? | eHow.com

aks me how i know this THE TOOLS DESCRIBED IN THE PREVIOUS POSTS WERE FOUND AT THE WORKERS CAMP. IT'S CALLED HARD EVIDENCE,,,ONLY A BRAIN DEAD FUCK UP WOULD DEBATE THAT...

I am part owner in a mining company you are absolutely out of your mind to think the tools you described could carve solid rock or cut through the bedrock for the foundation, Not saying some of tools you mentioned were not used in some fashion but not for the major job of cutting through stone.

What are picks made out of ? what are chisels made out of ? what are hammers made out of ? what are saws and most blades made out of ? Whether they had to import steel and iron they could not do that job without those metals.

You were saying nitwit ?

Last edited:
bullshit!

Stones

Leveling and Lifting

if that statement weren't another one of your false declarations you might be onto something, since it is you must really enjoy flagellating yourself with your hubris ! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Google can be your friend nitwit.

Beshay Steel, Egypt | Home

bullshit!

Stones

Leveling and Lifting

THE TOOLS DESCRIBED IN THE PREVIOUS POSTS WERE FOUND AT THE WORKERS CAMP.

You're the tool. Ha, ha. :lol:

so your saying that an obviously modern steel company existed in egypt 5000 years ago?
:lol::lol::lol:

Quarry Tools

I am part owner in a mining company you are absolutely out of your mind to think the tools you described could carve solid rock or cut through the bedrock for the foundation, Not saying some of tools you mentioned were not used in some fashion but not for the major job of cutting through stone.

What are picks made out of ? what are chisels made out of ? what are hammers made out of ? what are saws and most blades made out of ? Whether they had to import steel and iron they could not do that job without those metals.

You were saying nitwit ?
since the first crude forms of steel were not invented until 200 bce. and the
The pyramids in Egypt were built during the reign of various Pharoahs dating from around 2700 BC to 1500 BC. then you have a big fucking problem!

Ancient Rock Cutting Tools
X Lisa Magloff Since graduating with a degree in biology, Lisa Magloff has worked in many countries. Accordingly, she specializes in writing about science and travel and has written for publications as diverse as the "Snowmass Sun" and "Caterer Middle East." With numerous published books and newspaper and magazine articles to her credit, Magloff has an eclectic knowledge of everything from cooking to nuclear reactor maintenance.

By Lisa Magloff, eHow Contributor
The pyramid builders in Egypt cut rock with copper saws and stone drills. Ancient peoples, including the Egyptians and Greeks, built large stone buildings using ingenious tools made without hardened iron or steel. Many of these ancient rock-cutting tools have been in use for thousands of years. Some used friction to cut through very hard rock or stone, such as marble and granite. Use of these these tools often involved a great deal of back-breaking labor.

Egyptian Bow Drill
The ancient Egyptians used a tool called a bow drill to cut rock. A bow drill looks a bit like a violin bow, with the string wrapped around a wood or copper tube. A drill bit made of hard stone was inserted into one end of the tube. One end of the bow was wider than the other, to create a handhold. The worker moved the bow back and forth in a sawing motion, which rotated the tube and the drill bit very quickly, thereby drilling a hole. Once many holes were drilled, the rock could be split with wedges or carved out with chisels.

Egyptian Slabbing Saw
The ancient Egyptians also used the slabbing saw to cut large slabs of rock. Egyptian slabbing saws were serrated on one edge of the blade and were designed to be pulled, not pushed. The ancient Egyptians did not have steel saws like the ones we use today. Instead, slabbing saws were made out of copper, and later out of bronze and iron. These metals alone are not strong enough to cut hard stones such as basalt or granite. In order to cut these stones, the saws were combined with an abrasive, such as small chunks of minerals or crystals. These were sometimes embedded in the metal when the saw was cast; otherwise they were rubbed onto the stone, under the saw, during cutting

Read more: Ancient Rock Cutting Tools | eHow.com Ancient Rock Cutting Tools | eHow.com

Last edited:

THE TOOLS DESCRIBED IN THE PREVIOUS POSTS WERE FOUND AT THE WORKERS CAMP.

You're the tool. Ha, ha. :lol:
:lol:

so your saying that an obviously modern steel company existed in egypt 5000 years ago?

No but my point is that those metals were not the only metals availble to them,they mined metals and you can't have gold or copper without smelting them which you can't have gold without iron and nickel.

Could early Egyptians separate out the metals properly to make them pure I don't know. But they had to have stroger metals to cut through stone.

Both limestone and granite are very strong rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back