Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.evolutionnews.org/2012/06/science_and_hum_2061191.html

Douglas Axe concurs. In Chapter 2 of the book, he writes,

So, if this humanity thing is on a level of its own, how reasonable do you suppose it is to chalk it up to Darwin's little engine? It's one thing to say that chimps and humans are similar enough that their likeness calls for careful explanation (few would argue with that), but as we've now seen it's quite another to say that they are similar enough for Darwin's engine to have traversed the gap between them. To insist on that is to ignore the evidence. A comparison of the complete human and chimp genomes has identified twenty distinct gene families, each with multiple genes, that are present in humans but absent from chimps and other mammals. That's a huge gap when you compare it to the single in-family gene transition that we examined.

Wow!! We really have come full circle!!! Instead of the God of the gaps, we now have the Darwin of the gaps!!!! :badgrin:

Last edited:
My goodness but thegodsdidit’ist is on quite a cut and paste tear.
I’m afraid that cutting and pasting the entirety of fundie creationist websites (material you don’t understand and material… umm “created” by the Christianity addled folks at the ICR and other hack organizations is not going to help. The gargantuan text – now there’s a stroke of genius. Do you realize that you present yourself as a stereotypical screaming, bible thumping, hair-on-fire zealot?

You see, ultimately, you and the Christian creationist / zealot crowd have a credibility problem of your own… well… creation. When the fundies manufacture data, manipulate data, lie, cheat and steal in failed attempts to present a 6,000 year old earth, evolution as a fraud and science being subservient to bible teaching, your claims come crashing to the ground. These sad, diseased meanderings of scouring the bowels of the web and “quote mining” Christian creationist websites is a common tactic of fundies. It’s a common tactic of fundies to dump entire pages of cut and pasted nonsense and then walk away without any ability to defend their cutting and pasting.

It’s just a pathetic thing to see such that the Christian creationist / ID / young earth industry churning out false claims and lies is represented by such charlatans and the cut and paste crowd.

So here I am sitting in my office because my wife is entertaining her women's group at our house tonight and I have my dog with me because he is harassing them. I just tried to tell him to go get his bone in the corner. Then I pointed and said, "Go get your bone". Unfortunately, instead of looking where I am pointing, he just keeps hopelessly looking at my finger. Then the epiphany came to me that DAWS and Holly are alot like my puppy. They just can't seem to look where I am pointing, and only keep focusing on my finger.

:lol:

Childish insults as a way to cover your tracks for not presenting a defendable argument.

How sad.

See what I mean Youwerecreated? I posted a list with 900, count'em 900 PHD scientists the majority of who's fields are in biology and anthropology stating they weren't buying Darwinism. Of course she conveniently ignores that and states the same thing over and over, ad nauseum. This post right here confirms she is just trying to be manipulative and get a rise out of anyone who will engage her. Maybe DAWS and her should get together. Maybe she could go to one of his frat parties.

She is arguing over the guy responsible for the article having degrees in Chemistry and Physics.

I think we should start a campaign to disqualify Darwin since he came up with a theory that was outside his field.

I agree, however Darwin was atleast honest in what he thought he observed and gave reasons that would make his theory invalid.

Can EVO FUNDIES really ignore this type of SCIENTIFIC DATA???

"But if we fast-forward two more decades, it becomes clear that the consistent picture that everyone expected -- all genes confirming the same pattern of species relationships -- is not to be. What we have instead is something of a mess, as James Degnan and Noah Rosenberg made clear in a paper published in 20093:

Many of the first studies to examine the conflicting signal of different genes have found considerable discordance across gene trees: studies of hominids, pines, cichlids, finches, grasshoppers and fruit flies have all detected genealogical discordance so widespread that no single tree topology predominates.

And despite consistent attempts to portray this as something less than a crisis for evolutionary theory, the news found its way into the popular press. That same year, The Telegraph jumped on the story with an article titled, "Charles Darwin's tree of life is 'wrong and misleading,' claim scientists"4."

"Indeed, it becomes so easy to construct utterly fictitious evolutionary histories when we drop the expectation of consistency that such a move ought to be viewed as undermining the whole exercise of phylogenetic reconstruction. Whisky, kerosene and milk have no common pedigree, but that wouldn't stop us from concocting one if we were to lower the standard in that way. The only prospect of elevating tree-building to something more than a game, then, is that it might uncover a strikingly consistent pattern of relationship between species. And the sobering truth is -- it doesn't."

Theory Creep: The Quiet Shift in Evolutionary Thought - Evolution News & Views

Genetics have never been a friend to the evolutionist they have just moved the goal posts on what mendel showed.

I’m afraid that cutting and pasting the entirety of fundie creationist websites (material you don’t understand and material… umm “created” by the Christianity addled folks at the ICR and other hack organizations is not going to help. The gargantuan text – now there’s a stroke of genius. Do you realize that you present yourself as a stereotypical screaming, bible thumping, hair-on-fire zealot?

You see, ultimately, you and the Christian creationist / zealot crowd have a credibility problem of your own… well… creation. When the fundies manufacture data, manipulate data, lie, cheat and steal in failed attempts to present a 6,000 year old earth, evolution as a fraud and science being subservient to bible teaching, your claims come crashing to the ground. These sad, diseased meanderings of scouring the bowels of the web and “quote mining” Christian creationist websites is a common tactic of fundies. It’s a common tactic of fundies to dump entire pages of cut and pasted nonsense and then walk away without any ability to defend their cutting and pasting.

It’s just a pathetic thing to see such that the Christian creationist / ID / young earth industry churning out false claims and lies is represented by such charlatans and the cut and paste crowd.

You don't stray to far from your rhetoric do you ?

So here I am sitting in my office because my wife is entertaining her women's group at our house tonight and I have my dog with me because he is harassing them. I just tried to tell him to go get his bone in the corner. Then I pointed and said, "Go get your bone". Unfortunately, instead of looking where I am pointing, he just keeps hopelessly looking at my finger. Then the epiphany came to me that DAWS and Holly are alot like my puppy. They just can't seem to look where I am pointing, and only keep focusing on my finger.

:lol:

Childish insults as a way to cover your tracks for not presenting a defendable argument.

How sad.

I have not seen you take on any of my questions to you what are you talking about?

She is arguing over the guy responsible for the article having degrees in Chemistry and Physics.

I think we should start a campaign to disqualify Darwin since he came up with a theory that was outside his field.

I agree, however Darwin was atleast honest in what he thought he observed and gave reasons that would make his theory invalid.

... and, all those scientists are wrong. You employ another logical fallacy: appeal to authority. it doesn't matter if every scientist on the planet eventually disagreed with evolution. If evolution still has empirical validity and can be demonstrated in repeatable fashion, then it still stands. There is one truth. Either a god exists or it doesn't. You two don't want to look at the evidence, because you can't swallow any worldview that doesn't include god, even though evolution and god are not mutually exclusive, unless your a fundie, in which case, you're simply regurgitating something that was indoctrinated into when you were little and haven't applied rational thought to your own beliefs. Instead, you continually point your finger at the outside world, instead of inward.

Last edited:

Ironic post is ironic.

Do you want a list of everything science I have discussed in this and other threads.

No, you're clearly right. The earth is 10,000 years old, man walked with the dinosaurs, and evolution is a satanic myth right from the pits of hell.

:cuckoo:

I figured out when you first appeared on this board that you weren't capable of anything but regurgitation of sources whose limitations you don't even understand. So, i treat you in the same way I do the crazy religious dude screaming on the street corner.

... and, all those scientists are wrong. You employ another logical fallacy: appeal to authority. it doesn't matter if every scientist on the planet eventually disagreed with evolution. If evolution still has empirical validity and can be demonstrated in repeatable fashion, then it still stands. There is one truth. Either a god exists or it doesn't. You two don't want to look at the evidence, because you can't swallow any worldview that doesn't include god, even though evolution and god are not mutually exclusive, unless your a fundie, in which case, you're simply regurgitating something that was indoctrinated into when you were little and haven't applied rational thought to your own beliefs. Instead, you continually point your finger at the outside world, instead of inward.

Many of their assumptions and conclusions are clearly wrong yes.

Yes, the scientists who disagree with evolution are clearly wrong. I'm glad we can agree. I was responding you a post you made about 900 scientists who disagree with evolution, and where you tried to use that as evidence that evolution is false. That is not evidence. That is an appeal to authority. The presence of those 900 does not invalidate evolution. It simply represents an opinion held by some and has no bearing on the truth of our universe.

Last edited:
Ironic post is ironic.

Do you want a list of everything science I have discussed in this and other threads.

No, you're clearly right. The earth is 10,000 years old, man walked with the dinosaurs, and evolution is a satanic myth right from the pits of hell.

:cuckoo:

I figured out when you first appeared on this board that you weren't capable of anything but regurgitation of sources whose limitations you don't even understand. So, i treat you in the same way I do the crazy religious dude screaming on the street corner.

Really,then maybe you will step up and answer these questions.

1.If everything is always evolving as evolutionist suggest because all organisms experience mutations,why do we have living fossils alive today and have fossils of their ancestors that were dated from way back in the past show no evolutionary change ?

2. Why do we not see new life forms constantly coming into existence ?

3. I know evolutionist don't like this question but it is tied to evolutionist even though they deny it. How did the first cell form from a natural process ?

4. Amino Acids combine to form proteins. Both right handed and left handed Amino Acids can easily combine. What would happen to the cell and the organism if the left and right handed Amino Acid would combine ? Why is it that only left handed Amino Acids are the only Amino Acids found in cells of living organisms ?

5. I asked you why over time the flies mutations I studied for 11 years and Darwins pigeons,and finches all of them after only a few generations returned to what they were ? Since they did return to what they were they did not evolve why does your side claim they evolved ?

These are questions I asked and they go ignored why ?

Last edited:

Yes, the scientists who disagree with evolution are clearly wrong. I'm glad we can agree. I was responding you a post you made about 900 scientists who disagree with evolution, and where you tried to use that as evidence that evolution is false. That is not evidence. That is an appeal to authority. The presence of those 900 does not invalidate evolution. It simply represents an opinion held by some and has no bearing on the truth of our universe.

That was weak NP.

I'm not surprised you offered spam as opposed to actually responding to the salient points. Your only contribution toward supporting creationist falsehoods is to cut and paste from websites which promote falsehoods to those gullible enough to accept it.

That was weak NP.
No. It wasn't. Like your creationist cohort, you're really not well equipped to respond without the ability to cut and paste from creationist websites.

That was weak NP.

Okay. Do you actually have a response, or was that it? Because, that was weak.

I think big fonts and I cannot lie..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back