Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong,it is crucial because of radiation from the sun and temperature of this planet and the moon affects the tides. How is this planet not unigue ?

It's not unique at all, we're just now exploring outside of our tiny (in comparison) solar system and finding allllll kinds of planets within the same goldilocks zone that makes life sustainable.

Which planets would these be? And a link would be nice.

Four planets in 'habitable zones' spotted within spitting distance of Earth - CSMonitor.com

Three Habitable Zone Planets Discovered Around One Red Dwarf | MIT Technology Review

Earth-like planet found in distant sun's habitable zone | The Space Shot - CNET News

NASA Telescope Confirms Alien Planet in Habitable Zone | NASA & Kepler Mission | Alien Planets & Solar Systems | Space.com

It's not a miracle at all. Based upon our knowledge of life on this planet, we see that under the right conditions, life flourishes. No gawds needed.

More scientific garbage.

If science knows what these "right conditions" are then they could create life out of nothing. But yet........

they HAVE discovered how to create amino acids - the building blocks of life - by smashing material from asteroids into an object at high speeds.

Link?

It's not unique at all, we're just now exploring outside of our tiny (in comparison) solar system and finding allllll kinds of planets within the same goldilocks zone that makes life sustainable.

I don't believe your statement but let's say your statement is accurate let's ask the all important question. Why is there no life on these other planets ?

You don't believe my statement?

Then you haven't done any research.

What sense is it to converse about something that you're admittedly ignorant of?

And - we do not know if there is or is not life on these other planets. We are unable, currently, to get close enough. Which is why we're currently only exploring the shit out of mars, which is WITHIN our solar system. One of 8 planets, in our solar system..............there are billions and possible trillions of planets out there.

Do you believe in math?

Of course I believe in math how do you think I showed the mutation rate was to high for man to exist as long as evolutionist claim.

Just because someone say's There are planets out there that could sustain life does not mean it's true. Is that not circular reasoning to suggest because there are so many planets out there we have not been able to reach there must be life out there. You admittedly shot your own argument down.

I don't believe your statement but let's say your statement is accurate let's ask the all important question. Why is there no life on these other planets ?

You don't believe my statement?

Then you haven't done any research.

What sense is it to converse about something that you're admittedly ignorant of?

And - we do not know if there is or is not life on these other planets. We are unable, currently, to get close enough. Which is why we're currently only exploring the shit out of mars, which is WITHIN our solar system. One of 8 planets, in our solar system..............there are billions and possible trillions of planets out there.

Do you believe in math?

Of course I believe in math how do you think I howed the mutation rate argument.

Just because someone say's There are planets out there that could sustain life does not mean it's true. Is that not circular reasoning to suggest because there are so many planets out there we have not been able to reach there must be life out there. You admittedly shot your own argument down.

No, I didn't shoot it down.

You shoot down science of which you're not even qualified to have a message board discussion on, let alone shoot down men who've worked in the field their entire lives.

"just because someone says"

^ most laughable thing you've said, to date.

They're not "just saying."

cripes.

All these links discuss the possibility of such planets where liquid water could be.

It's all speculation and absolutely no empirical evidence to support these claims.

If it were not for miracles life would not flourish get it? That is if you're a naturalist. I believe in God not miracles.
Your comment is typically circular and configured to return the answer you prefer.

You have defined nothing miraculous about existence. You have defined no cause for your particular, partisan gawds, no reason why your particular gawds are required for the diversity of life we see and nothing to indicate your partisan gawds "did it".

You offer only the typical question begging, special pleading, appeals to ignorance that defines the gawds argument.

The theory of evolution is built on unseen evidence and circular explanations.

Your willful ignorance of evolutionary science, biology, chemistry, paleontology and the life sciences makes you ill equipped to comment. Making emphatic statements about that which you don't understand is reason to reject your comments as ridiculous.

You generally hope to paint all of science as a worldwide conspiracy and in doing so, you simply align yourself with so many of the dangerous and self-destructive religious cults / death cultists who have a peculiar habit of doing harm to themselves and others.

If you're saying there's no empirical evidence - then you didn't read the links.

What else is there to discuss?

"gimme links i cant google for myself, dammit!"

"the links dont say what they say, their methods are bunk! I'm a much more highly qualified scientist, to offer this opinion! dismissed!"

It's corny denial, bro. Seriously.

So what term would you use if not chance since everything happens through undirected processes ?

Fact is, we don't know the "why" or "what for" of the universe, it's that simple.

If that's the case how can you so easily dismiss the possibility of a creator?

I never have dismissed the potential of a creator, that's why I'm an agnostic, which for me means that there's no real proof to prove or disprove a creator, and I leave the door open to change my mind if someone ever produces REAL tangible proof either way. That's why I consider atheists as deluded as theists, because you can't say for sure that it's not something, we just don't know at this point.

It's not a miracle at all. Based upon our knowledge of life on this planet, we see that under the right conditions, life flourishes. No gawds needed.

More scientific garbage.

If science knows what these "right conditions" are then they could create life out of nothing. But yet........

they HAVE discovered how to create amino acids - the building blocks of life - by smashing material from asteroids into an object at high speeds.

Ok through perfect conditions intelligence was used to produce amino acids but what does that prove ? now you need to show how only the right amino acids would bond and in the right sequence to produce the right proteins not to mention the molecular machines and THE all important instructions DNA came together to form a cell that could reproduce itself time and time again.

Link?

NASA - NASA Scientists Create Amino Acids in Deep-Space-Like Environment

From you r link:

Deep-space ice is common water ice laced with simple molecules. The team subsequently discovered amino acids, molecules present in, and essential for, life on Earth.

"We found that amino acids can be made in the dense interstellar clouds where planetary systems and stars are made. Our experiments suggest that amino acids should be everywhere, wherever there are stars and planets."

Seems they didn't "create" amino acids.

The title and your claim is not factual.

Not surprisingly, a young, vibrant science that is exploring and discovering absolutely terrifies Christian fundies.

Fact is, we don't know the "why" or "what for" of the universe, it's that simple.

If that's the case how can you so easily dismiss the possibility of a creator?

I never have dismissed the potential of a creator, that's why I'm an agnostic, which for me means that there's no real proof to prove or disprove a creator, and I leave the door open to change my mind if someone ever produces REAL tangible proof either way. That's why I consider atheists as deluded as theists, because you can't say for sure that it's not something, we just don't know at this point.

my thoughts exactly.

More scientific garbage.

Ok through perfect conditions intelligence was used to produce amino acids but what does that prove ? now you need to show how only the right amino acids would bond and in the right sequence to produce the right proteins not to mention the molecular machines and THE all important instructions DNA came together to form a cell that could reproduce itself time and time again.
No, you should prove that your creator didn't start life on earth with amino acids and whatnot. Maybe your creator only provides the spark, and his laws of the universe (that he created) take over. I know, it makes your book wrong, but isn't your creator's truth more important than some ignorant book?

From you r link:

Deep-space ice is common water ice laced with simple molecules. The team subsequently discovered amino acids, molecules present in, and essential for, life on Earth.

"We found that amino acids can be made in the dense interstellar clouds where planetary systems and stars are made. Our experiments suggest that amino acids should be everywhere, wherever there are stars and planets."

Seems they didn't "create" amino acids.

The title and your claim is not factual.

Obviously, ypou miss the entire point.

That amino acids aren't unique to earth. derp.

More scientific garbage.

no, I don't need to show anything.

you need to learn how to read and research without the confirmation bias, and then come back with real conclusions and not ones you're admittedly unaware of and blatantly ignorant of.

Your comment is typically circular and configured to return the answer you prefer.

You have defined nothing miraculous about existence. You have defined no cause for your particular, partisan gawds, no reason why your particular gawds are required for the diversity of life we see and nothing to indicate your partisan gawds "did it".

You offer only the typical question begging, special pleading, appeals to ignorance that defines the gawds argument.

The theory of evolution is built on unseen evidence and circular explanations.

Your willful ignorance of evolutionary science, biology, chemistry, paleontology and the life sciences makes you ill equipped to comment. Making emphatic statements about that which you don't understand is reason to reject your comments as ridiculous.

You generally hope to paint all of science as a worldwide conspiracy and in doing so, you simply align yourself with so many of the dangerous and self-destructive religious cults / death cultists who have a peculiar habit of doing harm to themselves and others.

How many times must your arguments be shot down before you get it ? The only cultist here would be you and daws none of you have taken enough science to debate the issue nor has your new friend with the picture of the baby in the car seat.

This guy does know speculation from actual scientific fact and surely does not understand the scientific method.

If you're saying there's no empirical evidence - then you didn't read the links.

What else is there to discuss?

"gimme links i cant google for myself, dammit!"

"the links dont say what they say, their methods are bunk! I'm a much more highly qualified scientist, to offer this opinion! dismissed!"

It's corny denial, bro. Seriously.

Yes I read every one of the links.

They conduct test and throw out the findings that doesn't suit their preconceived ideas and use the results that do.

Pretty simple really.

When words like "could", "possibly", "may", appear you can pretty much bet it's not a certainty.

And why is it they can conduct all these test and experiments on planets far, far way, but can't look to see if there is in fact liquid water and/or life there?

How can you use an instrument to conduct a test light years away and be certain of it's accuracy?

In Short, you can't. You can only speculate on the results.

you need to learn how to read and research without the confirmation bias, and then come back with real conclusions and not ones you're admittedly unaware of and blatantly ignorant of.

Six years of college, getting a degree in molecular biology and studying cells and mutations for 11 years. I think you don't know what you're talking about.

Six years of college, getting a degree in molecular biology and studying cells and mutations for 11 years. I think you don't know what you're talking about.

So why don't you get the amino acid thing that your creator made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back