Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these links discuss the possibility of such planets where liquid water could be.

It's all speculation and absolutely no empirical evidence to support these claims.

If you're saying there's no empirical evidence - then you didn't read the links.

What else is there to discuss?

"gimme links i cant google for myself, dammit!"

"the links dont say what they say, their methods are bunk! I'm a much more highly qualified scientist, to offer this opinion! dismissed!"

It's corny denial, bro. Seriously.

Yes I read every one of the links.

They conduct test and throw out the findings that doesn't suit their preconceived ideas and use the results that do.

Pretty simple really.

When words like "could", "possibly", "may", appear you can pretty much bet it's not a certainty.

And why is it they can conduct all these test and experiments on planets far, far way, but can't look to see if there is in fact liquid water and/or life there?

How can you use an instrument to conduct a test light years away and be certain of it's accuracy?

In Short, you can't. You can only speculate on the results.

The fact that you ask, is an admission that you're not very well versed on the study of the Universe, in general.

If you don't like reading, which a lot of people don't for some reason, I'd start with season 1 of "through the wormhole."

It's a docu-series and has like 6 or 7 seasons now.

The series hosts the most advanced men in the field of study to date, it explains their theories, findings, their methods, etc. in a very succinct way for you,

and it answers the question I bolded above.

But don't reject the sciences out of hand and at the same time admit that you've not even bothered to study much into any of them. That's just confirmation bias. Being more open minded makes you smarter, believe it or not. I learned that when I was like 22.

Fact is, we don't know the "why" or "what for" of the universe, it's that simple.

If that's the case how can you so easily dismiss the possibility of a creator?

I never have dismissed the potential of a creator, that's why I'm an agnostic, which for me means that there's no real proof to prove or disprove a creator, and I leave the door open to change my mind if someone ever produces REAL tangible proof either way. That's why I consider atheists as deluded as theists, because you can't say for sure that it's not something, we just don't know at this point.

Well if you're waiting on proof there is a God before you believe, it may be too late.

God requires faith. Without it you will not see the kingdom of Heaven.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Romans 3:28

But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.
Hebrews 11:6

Ok through perfect conditions intelligence was used to produce amino acids but what does that prove ? now you need to show how only the right amino acids would bond and in the right sequence to produce the right proteins not to mention the molecular machines and THE all important instructions DNA came together to form a cell that could reproduce itself time and time again.

no, I don't need to show anything.

you need to learn how to read and research without the confirmation bias, and then come back with real conclusions and not ones you're admittedly unaware of and blatantly ignorant of.

Six years of college, getting a degree in molecular biology and studying cells and mutations for 11 years. I think you don't know what you're talking about.

You dont have a degree in molecular biology and were ignorant of the fact that amino acids are found in space.

You don't have a degree in molecular biology and deny evolution.

and if you do, you studied for the tests to pass, and you forget 99% of what you learned.

If that's the case how can you so easily dismiss the possibility of a creator?

I never have dismissed the potential of a creator, that's why I'm an agnostic, which for me means that there's no real proof to prove or disprove a creator, and I leave the door open to change my mind if someone ever produces REAL tangible proof either way. That's why I consider atheists as deluded as theists, because you can't say for sure that it's not something, we just don't know at this point.

Well if you're waiting on proof there is a God before you believe, it may be too late.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

Religion says God requires faith.

That doesn't make it fact.

you need to learn how to read and research without the confirmation bias, and then come back with real conclusions and not ones you're admittedly unaware of and blatantly ignorant of.

Six years of college, getting a degree in molecular biology and studying cells and mutations for 11 years. I think you don't know what you're talking about.

So why don't you get the amino acid thing that your creator made?

Can you be morte specific ?

You dont have a degree in molecular biology and were ignorant of the fact that amino acids are found in space.

You don't have a degree in molecular biology and deny evolution.

and if you do, you studied for the tests to pass, and you forget 99% of what you learned.

Really ? because I have a degree molecular biology I can't possess this degree because I disagree with the evolutionary theory :lol:

Creationist and ID proponents hold many different degrees in science and reject the theory.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dt1HE8NQoc]Through The Wormhole: How Did We Get Here? - YouTube[/ame]

The many theories you hold dear require faith, now what ?

So why don't you get the amino acid thing that your creator made?

Can you be morte specific ?

If you've studied all this stuff extensively, then why can't you accept that your creator starts life on planets through the amino acids thing?

If you're saying there's no empirical evidence - then you didn't read the links.

What else is there to discuss?

"gimme links i cant google for myself, dammit!"

"the links dont say what they say, their methods are bunk! I'm a much more highly qualified scientist, to offer this opinion! dismissed!"

It's corny denial, bro. Seriously.

They conduct test and throw out the findings that doesn't suit their preconceived ideas and use the results that do.

Pretty simple really.

When words like "could", "possibly", "may", appear you can pretty much bet it's not a certainty.

And why is it they can conduct all these test and experiments on planets far, far way, but can't look to see if there is in fact liquid water and/or life there?

How can you use an instrument to conduct a test light years away and be certain of it's accuracy?

The fact that you ask, is an admission that you're not very well versed on the study of the Universe, in general.

If you don't like reading, which a lot of people don't for some reason, I'd start with season 1 of "through the wormhole."

The series hosts the most advanced men in the field of study to date, it explains their theories, findings, their methods, etc. in a very succinct way for you,

But don't reject the sciences out of hand and at the same time admit that you've not even bothered to study much into any of them. That's just confirmation bias. Being more open minded makes you smarter, believe it or not. I learned that when I was like 22.

I never professed to be.

I am cursed with logic and reason which is something not acceptable in evolutionary science.

No liquid water has ever been found on any planet besides earth. That is a fact. Now they can speculate that other planets MAY have the right conditions for liquid water, but that's not any type of proof. It's theory and speculation and I'm not going to hang my hat on that nonsense.

Now it may very well be that one day they may find another planet with liquid water, but what does that prove exactly? It doesn't negate the idea that a creator was involved.

The many theories you hold dear require faith, now what ?

what theories do i hold dear?

which of them require faith?

Pretty simple really.

I never professed to be.

I am cursed with logic and reason which is something not acceptable in evolutionary science.

No liquid water has ever been found on any planet besides earth. That is a fact. Now they can speculate that other planets MAY have the right conditions for liquid water, but that's not any type of proof. It's theory and speculation and I'm not going to hang my hat on that nonsense.

Now it may very well be that one day they may find another planet with liquid water, but what does that prove exactly? It doesn't negate the idea that a creator was involved.

It doesnt negate that at all.

And there's a big difference between ignorant speculation and speculation based on something you proclaim to hold dear: logic and reason.

Men study this their entire lives, and are thus more qualified to speculate then....say, youwerecreated.

Yes it is a fact. It comes from the only book on the subject.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24)

Yes it is a fact. It comes from the only book on the subject.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24)

A book which requires faith to believe it is fact.

That's circular logic.

It's like using a word inside of its definition.

you werent cursed with logic and reason, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back