crime surges in the USA

Again, the police do not have to protect individuals or their property. It is the responsibility of all citizens to defend themselves and business owners have the same responsibility to protect their merchandise. Hire security to stop the thievery or let it go.

.Crime has always existed no matter who is president.

Which is why I do not understand why people think the cops will save them, and I do not understand why we must pay cops through taxes so they can extort us for money to retire upon.
so police do not have to protect people and their property from criminals in your alternate world. people have to protect themselves from criminals . so we have to be vigilantes and take justice in our own hands

The Supreme Court has ruled on this before. I believe it is three times before.

Again, the police do not have to protect individuals or their property. It is the responsibility of all citizens to defend themselves and business owners have the same responsibility to protect their merchandise. Hire security to stop the thievery or let it go.

Which is why I do not understand why people think the cops will save them, and I do not understand why we must pay cops through taxes so they can extort us for money to retire upon.
So if it is the responsibility of the businesses to protect the merchandise, how should they go about doing it? What would be a good deterrent to prevent a perpetrator from going in a store and stealing?

Much like the police, a business owner’s hands are tied when it comes to protecting merchandise. You mentioned private security. Can the security guard pull a firearm on the suspect or get physical with him or her? How about tasing the suspect? If the security guard follows or shadows suspects throughout the store, the suspect will sue the business for “profiling” or harassment.

Then, to add ultimate insult to injury, businesses refuse to locate in areas notorious for all of the challenges I listed above and businesses are labled “racist” for not setting up shop.

The dont mak'em like they used to

So if it is the responsibility of the businesses to protect the merchandise, how should they go about doing it? What would be a good deterrent to prevent a perpetrator from going in a store and stealing?

Much like the police, a business owner’s hands are tied when it comes to protecting merchandise. You mentioned private security. Can the security guard pull a firearm on the suspect or get physical with him or her? How about tasing the suspect? If the security guard follows or shadows suspects throughout the store, the suspect will sue the business for “profiling” or harassment.

Then, to add ultimate insult to injury, businesses refuse to locate in areas notorious for all of the challenges I listed above and businesses are labled “racist” for not setting up shop.
Sounds almost as bad as the loss of business through corporate manipulation of markets.

Sounds almost as bad as the loss of business through corporate manipulation of markets.
It’s worse. In this case it is the government limiting how much a business can mitigate its risk or as in the case of a small business owner, a means to protect their livelihood.

It’s worse. In this case it is the government limiting how much a business can mitigate its risk or as in the case of a small business owner, a means to protect their livelihood.
Each state has it's own laws pertaining to shoplifting so it would be hard to say just one retort about shoplifting mitigation.

Yes this is dementia joe's America, where criminals have the right to practice their craft in an unobstructed safe manner and police officers are demonized
Wake up, sheeple. Gun-grabbing Democrat cops are in cahoots with the thieves, and there's no due process of law for innocent folks falsely accused in America's city-hall-driven mafia court system.

Each state has it's own laws pertaining to shoplifting so it would be hard to say just one retort about shoplifting mitigation.
You say that now. Wait until a Texas or Florida gives businesses more control over shoplifting mitigation. For example, Florida could say that a business' liability could be limited if they choose to have security guards or store personnel inspect personal bags before and after patrons leaving the store. Guarantee the ACLU will have just one retort. But, at a certain point, both the individual rights and rights of the business need to be protected.

Take a stadium or arena. Right now due to heightened security, all must enter through a metal detector and be subject to personal inspection including bags and purchases. Is that where we are headed with stores and businesses?

Forum List

Back