Cross-Dressing Day at Elementary School has Parents Upset

Maybe those parents shouldn't send their children to a school with a liberal arts bent that allows students to choose the events for school spirit week.

I would argue that a taxpayer funded school shouldn't be delving into sexual issues and focus on teaching kids civics, math, science, writing and not some social engineering experiment that does nothing to advance a student.

We did this when I was in school. No one suddenly turned into a tranny.

Paranoia at its finest.

Same here, though it's odd than an elementary school is doing this.
I just see it as school kid silliness and not as some evil plot to turn the world transsexual.

When I was a kid everything wasn't a full blown meltdown political issue.

Here comes the drama llama. :rolleyes:

Again, these parents sent their children to a liberal arts elementary school that allows student council to choose spirit week events. And the events are voluntary.

Are you suggesting nobody holds veto power over the student council's choice?

That sounds pretty unlikely to me.

Nah, Im saying the students thought up the idea, and the teachers didn't see anything wrong with it.

Apparently some of the parents did.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Maybe those parents shouldn't send their children to a school with a liberal arts bent that allows students to choose the events for school spirit week.

I would argue that a taxpayer funded school shouldn't be delving into sexual issues and focus on teaching kids civics, math, science, writing and not some social engineering experiment that does nothing to advance a student.

What sexual issue?

This is what you get when liberals run things..... I'm convinced that liberalism is indeed a mental illness. These people are fucking sick. They're obsessed with children & sex, transgender, all manners of perversion, abortion, sodomy.. it never ends with these sickos.

Last edited:
Are you suggesting nobody holds veto power over the student council's choice?

That sounds pretty unlikely to me.

Nah, Im saying the students thought up the idea, and the teachers didn't see anything wrong with it.

Apparently some of the parents did.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:
And they certainly have the right to tell the school they feel its inappropriate. And to either not send their children that day or to not dress their children up.

I just see it as blown way out of proportion. This isn't a school lesson on gender identity, no ones bringing up sex or transvestites or anything. It's dress up, pretend, make believe.

When I was in elementary school I was a bail of hay in the nativity, and the baby who played Jesus was our teachers baby girl.

The student counsel at a liberal arts school themselves chose this as part of Spirit Week, correct? This was strictly voluntary, correct?

What is the manufactured outrage about exactly?

What sexual issue?

Cross dressing has no sexual connotation?

The student counsel at a liberal arts school themselves chose this as part of Spirit Week, correct? This was strictly voluntary, correct?

What is the manufactured outrage about exactly?

Possibly a school being utterly incompetent.

No. It doesn't. Not when it comes to little kids.

When my daughter puts on her bird mask and play wings, she's pretending to be a bird, not making a lifestyle choice. When she grabs my husbands hat and declares herself "the daddy", she's not making a statement about her sexual preference. :rolleyes:

This is what you get when liberals run things..... I'm convinced that liberalism is indeed a mental illness. These people are fucking sick. They're obsessed with children & sex, transgender, all manners of perversion, abortion, sodomy.. it never ends with these sickos.

That's not a very nice thing to say about these kids' parents.

Apparently we must stop girls from wearing pants...it confuses them. :rolleyes:

images+of+jesus.jpg

My children, does this dress make me look fat?

It's the kid's choice. Bullshit. If the kids got dress up on Halloween or dress as shepherds at Christmas you'd never hear the end of it.

It's the kid's choice. Bullshit. If the kids got dress up on Halloween or dress as shepherds at Christmas you'd never hear the end of it.

Yes, it was the students choice. The student counsel approved it and it was voluntary.

My son only ever participated on "crazy hair day" and was never made to do any of the weeks activities.

All the boys in his class dressed as blondes in bikinis for a "California Girl" lip sync.

btw, since when do elementary schools have autonomous student councils and shit? :dunno:

That's not a very nice thing to say about these kids' parents.

Now we know the kinds of things that run foremost in Soggy's mind.

No. It doesn't. Not when it comes to little kids.

When my daughter puts on her bird mask and play wings, she's pretending to be a bird, not making a lifestyle choice. When she grabs my husbands hat and declares herself "the daddy", she's not making a statement about her sexual preference. :rolleyes:

Thats a good point. When I was kid in elementary we would do stupid stuff and put a girls hat on or dare johnny to wear some lipstick during recess. However, I do not see the relevance of a teacher suggesting such activities when it is their duty/job to prepare the students on the basics of writing, math, science, civics and so on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back