"Crumbs" My Foot! Got My First Paycheck Under the Trump Tax Cuts!

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Today I got my first paycheck under the Trump tax cuts, and, thanks to those cuts, I got an extra $110 in net pay for the last two weeks, which means my monthly net pay is now $220 higher than it was before! Now, maybe to multimillionaire Nancy Pelosi, an extra $220 per month is "crumbs," but to me and my family, that is real, meaningful money.

No, Nancy, I am not rich. My net worth is a fraction of yours (as of last year, Nancy, your net worth was said to be around $195,000,000). My salary probably equals less than what you and your rich husband get just from the interest on your investments and savings accounts each year. I am in the bottom half of the third tax bracket, which means I am in the middle class.

Of course, I'm sure some Marxist liberals will argue that the middle class stops at $60K or $70K per year, but that is nonsense. Most mid-level federal workers, like GS-9s or Band 3s, make more than $70K per year. Many teachers make more than $60K or $70K--indeed, the average salary for high-school teachers in my state of Virginia is $61K, and in New York state, the average salary for elementary-school teachers is $72K. Many firemen and policemen make more than $70K per year. They're not middle class?

Anyway, my wife and I are thrilled with this large boost in net pay. We will definitely put it to good use.

Today I got my first paycheck under the Trump tax cuts, and, thanks to those cuts, I got an extra $110 in net pay for the last two weeks, which means my monthly net pay is now $220 higher than it was before! Now, maybe to multimillionaire Nancy Pelosi, an extra $220 per month is "crumbs," but to me and my family, that is real, meaningful money.

No, Nancy, I am not rich. My net worth is a fraction of yours (as of last year, Nancy, your net worth was said to be around $195,000,000). My salary probably equals less than what you and your rich husband get just from the interest on your investments and savings accounts each year. I am in the bottom half of the third tax bracket, which means I am in the middle class.

Of course, I'm sure some Marxist liberals will argue that the middle class stops at $60K or $70K per year, but that is nonsense. Most mid-level federal workers, like GS-9s or Band 3s, make more than $70K per year. Many teachers make more than $60K or $70K--indeed, the average salary for high-school teachers in my state of Virginia is $61K, and in New York state, the average salary for elementary-school teachers is $72K. Many firemen and policemen make more than $70K per year. They're not middle class?

Anyway, my wife and I are thrilled with this large boost in net pay. We will definitely put it to good use.

Congrats. USA! USA!

don't get used to it.

unlike the corporate tax cuts, it goes bye-bye in 2025

The Dems prevented the personal tax cuts from being made permanent. Anyway, 2025 is eight years from now--that's quite a long time. And I'll bet you very good money that Congress and the President will not dare to touch the tax cuts for the first three or four brackets when they come up for renewal or expiration. Even Obama could not bring himself to repeal the Bush tax cuts for the first four brackets.

don't get used to it.

It does not have to. In fact, Ted Cruz asked Bernie Sanders to help him make it permanent. Try telling the whole truth.

talk to me when it's made permanent, like the corporate.

until then, wipe the trump off your chin
The Democrats won't vote to make them permanent.

Democrats should now vote to make middle-class tax relief permanent

don't get used to it.

The Dems prevented the personal tax cuts from being made permanent. Anyway, 2025 is EIGHT YEARS from now. And I'll bet you very good money that Congress and the President will not dare to touch the tax cuts for the first three or four brackets.

if you think $220 is a lot, you don't have very good money to lose.

don't get used to it.

Maybe. Congress can always extend it. As they should.

don't get used to it.

The Dems prevented the personal tax cuts from being made permanent. Anyway, 2025 is EIGHT YEARS from now. And I'll bet you very good money that Congress and the President will not dare to touch the tax cuts for the first three or four brackets.

Spoken like a true elitist. Marie Antoinette lost her head......Never, ever forget that. pelosi and the rest of the uber wealthy Congress critters, who have all been sucking off of the Public Teat for decades are in for a very rude awakening if they keep this elitist bullshit up.

don't get used to it.

That is classless.

don't get used to it.

It does not have to. In fact, Ted Cruz asked Bernie Sanders to help him make it permanent. Try telling the whole truth.

Ignorance, dishonesty, and rudeness all in one reply. So EIGHT YEARS of tax cuts is meaningless I guess, huh? And never mind the fact that the Dems are the ones who prevented the personal tax cuts from being made permanent, right?

don't get used to it.

Maybe. Congress can always extend it. As they should.

maybe in one hand and poop in the other

see which one fills up first

Got anything more substantial than rage against trump? The dems have been shitting on the middle class for thirty years. The DEMS. Not trump.

Gee, I thought liberals were the champions of the middle class. I thought they would cheer when middle-class Americans got a large bump in their net pay, a bump that will continue for eight years, at the very least. But I guess not. I guess they can't allow themselves to be happy about it because it repudiates their Marxist policies and because it was done by a Republican president and Congress. Sad.

Wait, hold on, so then now, if you work overtime you will get ahead alittle?

don't get used to it.

crying gif.gif

Cheap date

Congrats! Making America great Again!!! Thank you Mr. President!

Great. Only three more months and you can get some new tires.

Forum List

Back