Cruz calls basketball hoop "basketball ring" = not American !

The Indiana Packers are his favorite basketball squadron !

12439469_1001605563222599_4765899622940310359_n.jpg

Lol! Stupid Ted trying to impress Indiana voters wh his botched line from the movie Hoosiers .

Ted Cruz calls basketball hoop a 'ring' in embarrassing 'Hoosiers' gaffe

"You know, the amazing thing about that basketball ring here in Indiana, it's the same height as it is in New York City and every other place in this country. And there is nothing that Hoosiers cannot do."

I'm not American, I know nothing about Basketball, but even I know it's a Basketball hoop. I have no idea what Hoosiers are or is.

Lol! Stupid Ted trying to impress Indiana voters wh his botched line from the movie Hoosiers .

"You know, the amazing thing about that basketball ring here in Indiana, it's the same height as it is in New York City and every other place in this country. And there is nothing that Hoosiers cannot do."

I'm not American, I know nothing about Basketball, but even I know it's a Basketball hoop. I have no idea what Hoosiers are or is.

Kinda like southern rednecks only dumber.

People from Indiana

People from Indiana

What about people from Indiana?

People from Indiana

A Hoosier is someone from Indiana and the title of a movie about basketball in Indiana.

People from Indiana

People from Indiana, are referred to as Hoosiers.

People from Indiana

A Hoosier is someone from Indiana and the title of a movie about basketball in Indiana.

Oh okay, thanks :thup:

People from Indiana

So I'll have to read about this, why they're referred to as Hoosiers.

People from Indiana

There is no concrete reason. A lot of speculation. One claim is the word is of corruption of "who's there," while another is a barkeep finding an ear on the floor and saying "who's ear." Nobody really knows.

Forgot about the indian word for corn too.

So we can have a president that doesn't do his stupid NCAA tournament bracket every year with thee media fawning all over it like a bunch of children? Sounds good to me.

People from Indiana

"The following theories and stories about the origin of the word “Hoosier” are known to be false:

• It comes from the word Hoosa, which means American Indian maize or corn.
  • Hoosier’s Men was a term used for Indiana employees of a canal contractor named Hoosier.
  • “Who’s ear?” – Writer James Whitcomb Riley joked that this question, supposedly posed by early Indiana settlers following tavern fights which had resulted in someone’s ear being cut off and left on the floor, eventually became the word “Hoosier."
  • “Who’s yer/here?” – This was supposedly the way early Indiana settlers would respond to a knock on their cabin doors. The story goes that it was eventually shortened to “Hoosier?”
  • “Who’s your [relative]?” – Again, legend has it that this question was eventually shortened to “Hoosier?”
Take your pick, no one is sure of the 'real' origin

Forum List

Back