Cruz looks to block illegal immigrants from ever receiving welfare

For that to happen we need an ammendment to the Constition.

On that say in order to be an American citizen at least one of your parents has to be an American.

That would get rid of the anchor babies and the drain on our social services by illegals.

I agree with both ideas. A person who has broken our laws should never be able to become a citizen or have access to the public treasury.

On that say in order to be an American citizen at least one of your parents has to be an American.

That would get rid of the anchor babies and the drain on our social services by illegals.

I know what you are thinking, but I believe you are wrong. There is no Constitutional right to welfare or access to the public treasury.

I do agree that we need to change the laws as not to give children of illegals American Citizenship. But I believe that can be done with laws, not Constitutional Amendments.

I agree with both ideas. A person who has broken our laws should never be able to become a citizen or have access to the public treasury.

I know what you are thinking, but I believe you are wrong. There is no Constitutional right to welfare or access to the public treasury.

I do agree that we need to change the laws as not to give children of illegals American Citizenship. But I believe that can be done with laws, not Constitutional Amendments.

That's a tough position to hold and I honestly never considered what would happen to all the babies. Trying to punish the adults could have an adverse affect. What if no other country wants to grant the babies cirizenship? Whata mess. We cant have thousands of children just being abandined by EVERYONE.

A better solution is needed

That's a tough position to hold and I honestly never considered what would happen to all the babies. Trying to punish the adults could have an adverse affect. What if no other country wants to grant the babies cirizenship? Whata mess. We cant have thousands of children just being abandined by EVERYONE.

Yes, it may be harsh.

But guess what? The time for not being harsh has long passed. There are millions of illegals here. Depending upon who you are talking to, 11 to 44 million. I lean to the higher number.

That's a question for the parents.....Parents need to take a lot more repsonsibility for their kids and their welfare.

GOOD. Get this sonofabitch passed!

These parents obviously never thought about their children when they decided to break our immigration laws. Sucks for them. That just means they are bad parents. Sometimes reality is harsh, for good reason.

GOOD. Get this sonofabitch passed!

These parents obviously never thought about their children when they decided to break our immigration laws. Sucks for them. That just means they are bad parents. Sometimes reality is harsh, for good reason.

Actually I would venture a guess that alot of these parents ARE thinking about their children. Sure, some have poor motives but ask yourself this.

If YOU lived in a country of abject poverty and extreme violence wouldn't you sneak across the border to peovide your children a chance at a life without violence and a possible future?

I know I sure as hell would. Even a life in the shadows here is better than what most would have there.

The magnet for illegals is not just here. Until Mexico can stabilize their economy and stop the violence we are going to have this problem on our hands.

There should be more to getting American citizenship than just being born here, we need to change that.

Yes we do. We are the only country that has that provision.

If your born in France, Germany or any other country you are not a citizen of that country.

America is the only country that has that provision and it was put in place for the children of freed slaves. To make sure they were recognized as citizens. No one ever thought it would apply to every Tom, Dick and Harry that was born here.

Should be changed.

If my parents were on vacation in Egypt when I was born would I be considered Egyptian or American and would I be a citizen of?

Being as your parents were American Citizens, I am assuming this of course, you would have automatically gotten American Citizenship. It is possible that you could have also had gotten Egyptian Citizenship and had dual citizenship.

Awesome! Then we'll have thousands and thousands of stateless people unable to make a living and having to turn to crime. Sounds like an excellent idea.

Awesome! Then we'll have thousands and thousands of stateless people unable to make a living and having to turn to crime. Sounds like an excellent idea.

Yeah.. because we all know that to an entitlement junkie, working is out of the question

Yeah.. because we all know that to an entitlement junkie, working is out of the question
You can't get a job if you don't have papers.

Actually, I think this is a pretty good platform for Republicans to run on: let the brown babies starve to death and all our problems will be solved.

:thup:

You can't get a job if you don't have papers.

So you are telling me no illegal has a job here :rolleyes:

So they are already criminals.. got it...funny how you don't complain about that part of the criminal behavior

1) Start enforcing laws that we have. Stop allowing 'sanctuary cities' to continue their practice
2) Require proof of citizenship for any entitlements (I would rather support eliminating the entitlements, but the entitlement class will fight that continually)
3) Raid employers that hire illegals, fine the crap out of them and take away their incentive
4) Secure the border
5) Deport every illegal you get your hand on
6) Record via fingerprint and DNA every illegal.Require fingerprint and DNA for all entitlement recipients..
7) Extend the no entitlement effort to include if the illegal ever becomes a citizen in the future.. punishment for the illegal activity

There should be more to getting American citizenship than just being born here, we need to change that.

Yes we do. We are the only country that has that provision.

If your born in France, Germany or any other country you are not a citizen of that country.

America is the only country that has that provision and it was put in place for the children of freed slaves. To make sure they were recognized as citizens. No one ever thought it would apply to every Tom, Dick and Harry that was born here.

Should be changed.

It was started with good intentions but people are using this against us, mainly illegals and terrorists who want their children to have citizenship so they can laugh at us. This needs to be changed yesterday, Anwar Al-Awlaki is NOT a fucking American to me.

Forum List

Back