Cruz to make major announcement

U.S. Republican presidential candidate Cruz to make announcement at 4 p.m.
WASHINGTON, April 27 (Reuters) - U.S. Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz said he will make a major announcement at 4 p.m. (2000 GMT) on Wednesday but gave no other details.
Speaking to reporters in Indianapolis, Cruz's comments come amid reports that the U.S. senator from Texas is vetting former business executive Carly Fiorina as a possible vice presidential pick.
---
Hopefully this globalist asswipe drops out. Not like he could win at Convention anyways.

2) It highlights Cryin Donald's misogyny and gives women a better choice

This I agree with.

I think the Cruz people are banking on getting in on the second or third ballot....
Let's see how that goes over with the voters if Trump gets millions more votes
and comes up 30 delegates short and the GOP gives the nomination to Cruz....

As for Ted winning 1237...If Trump might just come up a bit short....
How in the world does Cruz get to that number without some behind the scenes back door hand jobs.

Except that there's a USSC case brewing as we speak, challenging Ted Cruz's right to run for POTUS because he was born a Canadian and maintained that citizenship up until 2014. If the GOP nominates him he will kill their label. He is like a dead limb to their aspirations currently as it is.

a1pt6w.jpg

Just wait til they hear I'm picking Megyn Kelly as my VP.

I think the Cruz people are banking on getting in on the second or third ballot....

How in the world does Cruz get to that number without some behind the scenes back door hand jobs.

Except that there's a USSC case brewing as we speak, .

There is no Supreme Court Case 'brewing'......

From what I can see Fiorina never polled above 5% in the GOP race in California.

I'm struggling with this whole thing. You're mathematically eliminated and you announce a VP. Why exactly does a failed campaign pick a VP when they have ZERO chance of securing the nomination?

He's mathematically eliminated? Um .. no he's not.

Why shouldn't Cruz take the only shot he has? I still don't get that. Maybe Cryin Donald should focus on closing the deal by winning instead of whining
Yes he is. There's not enough delegates left for him to win to get to 1,237.

Yep. Cryin Donald has to win by the rules. Apparently the art of closing deals involves a lot of whining and claiming the other side is being unfair to you.

Saw him on TV last night. He really is perfecting being orange

I think this will cost him votes. fiorina isnt particualrly liked by anyone. I was concerned it was going to be a BIG announcemnet with rubio endorsing cruz.

Fiorina is popular in California, seriously, you don't get the strategy of it? And he's a great VP choice and a great match for Cruz. There's no downside to him

Actually she is not very popular in California. Which is why she has never been elected to office.
I doubt any Trump supporter will suddenly switch from Trump to Cruz based upon this.

I think it is not a bad choice- just 3 months too late to do him any good.

It's the Republican primary, not the general election. You people still aren't clicking with that, are you?

Boecea thinking she speaks for California Republicans was a hoot though

From what I can see Fiorina never polled above 5% in the GOP race in California.

And you draw what conclusion from that?

Look man, clearly Donald has been narrowing in on a first ballot win, which is in my opinion his only chance. But that ends it and it's getting close to that.

Ted's playing the only cards he has. Work with Kasich, pick a Californian who does have a good reputation as his veep, which is low risk because she's straight up a great choice for him

Sure, it's flinging the ball from half court. But why not take that shot when it's the only one you have? You're not contributing anything to the discussion

I'm struggling with this whole thing. You're mathematically eliminated and you announce a VP. Why exactly does a failed campaign pick a VP when they have ZERO chance of securing the nomination?

Because he can still get the nomination. The fact that no one will win on the first ballot changes nothing

Why shouldn't Cruz take the only shot he has? I still don't get that. Maybe Cryin Donald should focus on closing the deal by winning instead of whining

And when no one reaches the magic number on ballot one, it goes to the second ballot and Cruz will win.

Because he can still get the nomination. The fact that no one will win on the first ballot changes nothing
First off there won't be a second ballot, but lets say there is, do you really believe that he'll get the nomination?

First off there won't be a second ballot, but lets say there is, do you really believe that he'll get the nomination?

Without a doubt

Yep. Cryin Donald has to win by the rules. Apparently the art of closing deals involves a lot of whining and claiming the other side is being unfair to you.

Saw him on TV last night. He really is perfecting being orange

LOL....it almost worries me that I agree with one of your posts....

So wait a minute. You get that the rules allow for a second ballot? Congratulations, you're progressing. In our last discussion, you didn't. You thought plurality in the first ballot was the winner

Forum List

Back