🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Cuban: tax inversions threat to US

Sure, you mindless wonder.

Do you understand how a business can turn 1 million in a year but still the owner be middle class at best? The answer is overhead and then taxes. While you care about very few corporations avoiding taxes what you fail to hold accountable is the tens of thousands of small companies that flat out don't pay taxes to get by.

Many companies will simply not count cash, they pocket it. There are many ways that small business gets around paying taxes, hieing illegals, taking payments and simply not recording them as profits buying stuff for their personal life but claiming it as business investments ... It does not matter because the point is most businesses have to avoid taxes just to barely make it. Imagine if you can, and you can't, paying 28-32% of your total income that year in taxes. Imagine working far more than your employee's, imagine then taking your own money and having to re-invest despite you not making that much.

You care about the big guys but if you cracked down on all business we would end up in a depression rather quickly as business's simply close their doors.

Dude I ain't reading your crack head treatise. You want to address my points?

Will any company lower it's price for its goods or services if their taxes are lowered?

And why should any company get to play in the largest consumer market in the WORLD and not pay their taxes?

You want to give this a try or go back to insults?

You miss the point because you're limited on economics.

100% yes, many companies, or 99% of business's would lower costs of products, just not how you understand it.

Lets say you avoid taxes and only pay 9% taxes, the rest is off shores... Then you get cracked down on by a bunch of economically ignorant lemmings.... Then you go to 29% taxes. What do you think will happen to the cost of products in that business being sold to the public? Do you think the costs will go up or down?

Will companies simply lower prices if they get tax cuts they didn't receive before? no... But that's because for most companies the price already matches the level in which they they are taxed at currently.

And no, I don't like the idea of taxing people to maintain a bankrupt country's military. Maybe the country should live within it's means like the business owner has to.

Taxes are like min wage... They both make everything cost more the higher they get, yet everyone stays just as poor and in the current economic case, poorer.

Just come out and say you ain't touching those questions.

The topic was large corporations using off shore methods to avoid paying their taxes.

Not tax rates. Or small mom and pop companies.

What you are saying is that you are fine with these huge corporations making billions off of doing business in the USA and using tax avoidance schemes that the small business man can only dream of.

Isn't that great. The individual and the small business person gets to carry their own tax loan and also a portion of the tax load the the big corporations avoided.

And you are good with that. Screw that I say.

If they want to do business in the USA, they pay their taxes. If they can lobby hard enough and long enough that the US Congress absolves them of any tax liability, then ....oh well.

Zeke, if you heard the President go live today and say he is raising taxes on people and one of the groups just happened to be the one you are in... And he said taxes will be going from 18% (for you just random number) to 35%.... What would you do, financially over the next months and year....?

Now apply that to business and you have your fucking answer!

????? Wtf are you blabbering about? Are you now saying the President came out and said he's raising taxes? Today? You do know Congress gets to do that shit. Right? No that's not right.
You don't know that Congress handles things like tax rates and such. Well now you know and you've got one less thing to be stupid about. And you got a lot going on in the stupid field. I can tell.

Dude I ain't reading your crack head treatise. You want to address my points?

Will any company lower it's price for its goods or services if their taxes are lowered?

And why should any company get to play in the largest consumer market in the WORLD and not pay their taxes?

You want to give this a try or go back to insults?

100% yes, many companies, or 99% of business's would lower costs of products, just not how you understand it.

Lets say you avoid taxes and only pay 9% taxes, the rest is off shores... Then you get cracked down on by a bunch of economically ignorant lemmings.... Then you go to 29% taxes. What do you think will happen to the cost of products in that business being sold to the public? Do you think the costs will go up or down?

Will companies simply lower prices if they get tax cuts they didn't receive before? no... But that's because for most companies the price already matches the level in which they they are taxed at currently.

And no, I don't like the idea of taxing people to maintain a bankrupt country's military. Maybe the country should live within it's means like the business owner has to.

Taxes are like min wage... They both make everything cost more the higher they get, yet everyone stays just as poor and in the current economic case, poorer.

The topic was large corporations using off shore methods to avoid paying their taxes.

What you are saying is that you are fine with these huge corporations making billions off of doing business in the USA and using tax avoidance schemes that the small business man can only dream of.

Isn't that great. The individual and the small business person gets to carry their own tax loan and also a portion of the tax load the the big corporations avoided.

If they want to do business in the USA, they pay their taxes. If they can lobby hard enough and long enough that the US Congress absolves them of any tax liability, then ....oh well.

what's stopping them from still doing business in the USA after they relocate elsewhere....?

what's stopping them from still doing business in the USA after they relocate elsewhere....?

Good question. I would use the same tactic that has been used successfully before when foreign manufactures came into the American markets with an unfair advantage. Tariffs.
Make those companies prices so high that they can't compete in the market with all the home grown American companies that could/would spring up.

You think those tax avoidance schemes would look so good if those companies using them were shut out of our market?

Good question. I would use the same tactic that has been used successfully before when foreign manufactures came into the American markets with an unfair advantage. Tariffs.
Make those companies prices so high that they can't compete in the market with all the home grown American companies that could/would spring up.

You think those tax avoidance schemes would look so good if those companies using them were shut out of our market?

tariffs would cause higher prices too....

They move this money offshore because the taxes are too high and the codes too onerous. If they would lower the tax rates and simplify the rules less companies would be doing this. Of course, the underlying question is why people think the government is entitled to any of this money in the first place.

They move the money offshore because they still get a tax break while doing it.

Close the loopholes then I would like to reduce the tax rate. Until the loopholes are closed it's all BS.

Laziest congress in history does nothing about tax inversions, good to see Mark Cuban finally woke up to the realization -- “When companies move off shore to save on taxes, you and I make up the shortfall elsewhere sell those stocks and they won’t move,”

Mark Cuban's no fan of tax inversions

By: Kevin McCoy
July 25, 2014

Dallas Mavericks owner and President Obama agree on at least one issue: Corporate tax inversions pose a financial threat to the nation.
In a series of Friday tweets, billionaire investor Mark Cuban said he’d take personal shareholder retaliation against any company that shifts its headquarters address overseas to save taxes.

“If I own stock in your company and you move offshore for tax reasons I’m selling your stock,” Cuban tweeted. “There are enough investment choices out there.”

Lest that threat fail to cause corporate America to tremble, Cuban urged his many Twitter followers to join him.
“When companies move off shore to save on taxes, you and I make up the shortfall elsewhere sell those stocks and they won’t move,” he tweeted.

<snip>

Boosted by White House support, congressional Democrats have introduced measures that would temporarily or permanently make it harder for U.S. firms to qualify for tax inversions. Republicans have generally resisted, arguing that the issue should be considered as part of a broader overhaul of the U.S. tax code and a reduction of the 35% top tax rate on businesses.

<snip>

The freaking US foreign policy is in a shambles, the world is almost at the point of chaos and there are about a dozen scandals alive in the Hussein administration and democrats want to nit-pick the tax code? When are left wingers going to stop complaining about only controlling 2/3 of the federal government?

wow, a another millionaire chasting us on taxes...and he has how many accountants to find all the loopholes for him to pay less of them
how many companies does he have? besides owning a basketball team?

and how sweet him and the Dear Leaders agrees on something

good grief

Last edited:
I hope it passes.....we also need to be boycotting these businesses that do the tax avoision scheme..

you do realize that the more corporations are taxed.....you the consumer pay for it....?

right...raise taxes, consumer pays for it.
Pay a higher wage, consumer pays for it
complain Ceo's make a lot of money, consumer pays for it
Regulations, consumer pays for it

We get it, the rights position on this is simple, Low wages, low taxes, higher Ceo salaries and bonuses and free markets will solve everything.

You people are fucking retarded. You will never be a CEO, you are not next in line, its not happening next week. You literally beat yourself in this argument.

wow, a another millionaire chasting us on taxes...and he has how many accountants to find all the loopholes for him to pay less of them
how many companies does he have? besides owning a basketball team?

and how sweet him and the Dear Leaders agrees on something

good grief

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I hope it passes.....we also need to be boycotting these businesses that do the tax avoision scheme..

you do realize that the more corporations are taxed.....you the consumer pay for it....?

We get it, the rights position on this is simple, Low wages, low taxes, higher Ceo salaries and bonuses and free markets will solve everything.

You people are fucking retarded. You will never be a CEO, you are not next in line, its not happening next week. You literally beat yourself in this argument.

They are retarded. You are correct. They think tax avoidance by American corporations making billions in profit from the American market is patriotic. And there is absolutely nothing in it for them except having to pick up the loss to the Treasury by everybody else who CAN'T use tax avoidance strategies like the corporations do.

They think corporations will lower prices if they only had a big tax cut.

They don't have ONE CEO of a major corporation out and about bitching about how if only tax rates were lower good things would happen. Not one.

But yet that are all for tax avoidance by major American corporations. Even when they can not avoid paying their taxes.

Retarded is correct.

Unless you're an investor putting up your own capital, someone else's salary is none of your business.

Democrats are always worried we the people never pay enough taxes and OMG don't talk about, tax cuts heads explode like that poor government can't get by without that money

now they're going after businesses

how healthy is that for the economy?

think people

Unless you're an investor putting up your own capital, someone else's salary is none of your business.

sure it is, when they are crying about minimum wages going up and how it will hurt them, yet the next week they give themselves a raise or a million dollar bonus.

That argument isnt going to fly here.

Of course you are trying to back me into a corner where you think that i think that CEO's shouldnt make a lot of money...ill let you continue off your assumptions for the fun of it

Democrats are always worried we the people never pay enough taxes and OMG don't talk about, tax cuts heads explode like that poor government can't get by without that money

now they're going after businesses

how healthy is that for the economy?

think people

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sure it is, when they are crying about minimum wages going up and how it will hurt them, yet the next week they give themselves a raise or a million dollar bonus.

And that makes their salary your business how? What's your salary?

That argument isnt going to fly here.

Of course it will. More will agree with me than you because normal people don't lie awake at night in seething jealousy over what other people have.

Of course you are trying to back me into a corner where you think that i think that CEO's shouldnt make a lot of money...ill let you continue off your assumptions for the fun of it

Whether you think they should or not is of no difference to me. I'm just pointing out that it's none of your business. When you become an investor in their company then it's your business. Until that point, it's not. Just like what I make is none of your business and what you make is none of mine. Stop being jealous over what other people have. It's not healthy.

Forum List

Back