Cube home. I want one!

http://features.aol.com/video/unbel...ome-will-blow-your-mind?icid=aol|carousel|dl1

Plant it on top of a building, move it on a truck to a new location, put it together and take it apart. Piece of cake. I want one. But..I don't have 40K nor a place to plop it.
Neat, thanks for posting that.

We've allowed ourselves to become so consumed with bigness and more, more, more - all at the stress and cost of paying for it - it will be interesting to see how simplicity catches on.

I have a good friend that has 2 HUGE homes and a condo in Maui. It's just her and her husband and I flat out don't understand why they insist on these huge homes. Costs a lot to heat, clean,maintain. I always like Tiny Homes, but those are too tiny. And, the bedroom is upstairs. Not good for oldies with RA. But this cube house seems the perfect size. What is neat about it is, you can take it apart! Or leave it intact and haul it via a tractor trailer truck. Wish I had 40k and land. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

I have a good friend that has 2 HUGE homes and a condo in Maui. It's just her and her husband and I flat out don't understand why they insist on these huge homes. Costs a lot to heat, clean,maintain. I always like Tiny Homes, but those are too tiny. And, the bedroom is upstairs. Not good for oldies with RA. But this cube house seems the perfect size. What is neat about it is, you can take it apart! Or leave it intact and haul it via a tractor trailer truck. Wish I had 40k and land. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
We really have gone off the deep end with the conspicuous consumerism.

Does more stuff make a person more happy? I don't think so.

Hell, for me, less is better. Which is why I am happy in my bedroom. Thank goodness it is big. Walk in closet, master bath, big room that holds my recliner and my double bed, 2 doors...one to the rest of the house, the other we installed that goes straight to the back yard. Wish I had a life estate. I would jerk this carpet up and lay new flooring..wood...then a big assed persian rug, and shitloads of other stuff I would love to do. But...we can stay here (I think) until the owner dies. Then whomever he leaves it to will immediately sell it. When that happens....we be fucked.

I've seen one up close, right outside Berlin. A rich dude in Mannheim already ordered and bought one as well.
What did it look like inside? Did you like it?
I saw it only from the outside. They are individually made to pass to their environment. I believe this one was in Pankow. BRB, am outdoors right now, will find a link when I get back in...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

No..I don't like that one. Too small and doesn't have a good vibe to it. I like all the windows in the other one.

Like my Mom. Great big humongous home she resides in alone but for 2 toy poodles. Then she complains about money being tight. And you spend how much a month for a home several families could comfortably live in? :)

http://features.aol.com/video/unbel...ome-will-blow-your-mind?icid=aol|carousel|dl1

Plant it on top of a building, move it on a truck to a new location, put it together and take it apart. Piece of cake. I want one. But..I don't have 40K nor a place to plop it.
I like it. And it is well worth the 40K. I saw something similiar done with a peice of land that a person bought that had a similiar sized cabin on it. They wanted to have a place for guests, so they built another small cabin, and connected it by a walkway and deck. The led to another, and several more units for other things, all seperate, reasonably small, but connected by walkways and decks with the natural greenery in between.

Many places in Eastern Oregon this would make an ideal summer home. And the peice of land would be similiar in price. Another twenty for a well and septic.

Neat, thanks for posting that.

We've allowed ourselves to become so consumed with bigness and more, more, more - all at the stress and cost of paying for it - it will be interesting to see how simplicity catches on.

I am in to simplistic bigness.

I hate being cooped up, and I hate having too much shit cluttering up.

I like big mostly empty rooms with lots of space.

I don't get this "live small" crap at all.

If the planet is too crowded, we need fewer people, not smaller digs.

Forum List

Back