Culture of Shame Monica Lewinsky

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State

In 1998, says Monica Lewinsky, “I was Patient Zero of losing a personal reputation on a global scale almost instantaneously.” Today, the kind of online public shaming she went through has become a constant. In a brave talk, she takes a look at our “culture of humiliation,” in which online shame equals dollar signs — and demands a different way.

I never really thought about how young she was when the Clinton thing happened. She was only 22. She got the Scarlett letter and the old man Bill Clinton got off the hook.

She had an adulterous sexual affair with a married man. Of course she should be ashamed and humiliated.

Not that the married man who had the affair with her ought to be any less ashamed and humiliated; but alas, he seems to have been devoid, from birth, of the conscience that it takes to experience such shame.

She shouldn't have been held more accountable than him in the media and also at the age people do sometimes have bad judgment but he was a President and old and he made the vows to his wife. Why was she dragged through the mud and he got off?

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
At least she deserved it, unlike a lot of the people being vilified these days.

But he didn't?
Well if the Pres can't get some poon then we really are screwed.

So it's ok with you what he did but not ok that the 22 yr old who made no vow to a wife and no commitment as a leader in chief to have poor judgment?
well, yeah

seems like a double standard.

At least she deserved it, unlike a lot of the people being vilified these days.

But he didn't?

So it's ok with you what he did but not ok that the 22 yr old who made no vow to a wife and no commitment as a leader in chief to have poor judgment?
well, yeah

I doesn't SEEm like one. It IS one!

But he didn't?

well, yeah

Well he should be held more accountable he was a lot older and made promises to his wife and the country as a leader. That girl was pretty young and yeah she made a mistake but he let her just take all the blame. Makes me really question the clintons ethics.

I watched her talk and I felt bad for her even though she made bad choices. I feel like Bill Clinton never really owned his part and let her life get ruined.

In 1998, says Monica Lewinsky, “I was Patient Zero of losing a personal reputation on a global scale almost instantaneously.” Today, the kind of online public shaming she went through has become a constant. In a brave talk, she takes a look at our “culture of humiliation,” in which online shame equals dollar signs — and demands a different way.

I never really thought about how young she was when the Clinton thing happened. She was only 22. She got the Scarlett letter and the old man Bill Clinton got off the hook.

When you play the game of kiss and tell (or blow and tell) and squeal to a rabid GOP witch then you become the casualty.

100% of the GOP hates her for giving Billy the blowjob.

And 100% of DEMs hate her for squealing about it.

She is fresh out of friends.

She lives in London now and she wants a hubby of her own. You would think with her fame for blow jobs she would have guys lined up to marry her. But no. She is an embarrassment to every guy she meets.

well, yeah

Well he should be held more accountable he was a lot older and made promises to his wife and the country as a leader. That girl was pretty young and yeah she made a mistake but he let her just take all the blame. Makes me really question the clintons ethics.

I watched her talk and I felt bad for her even though she made bad choices. I feel like Bill Clinton never really owned his part and let her life get ruined.
Didn't BC get impeached?

When you play the game of kiss and tell (or blow and tell) and squeal to a rabid GOP witch then you become the casualty.

100% of the GOP hates her for giving Billy the blowjob.

And 100% of DEMs hate her for squealing about it.

She is fresh out of friends.

She lives in London now and she wants a hubby of her own. You would think with her fame for blow jobs she would have guys lined up to marry her. But no. She is an embarrassment to every guy she meets.

Her talk was really good. I don't think she deserved all that and I didn't know she had been so young, 22 yrs old. Wasn't Bill Clinton like 50 or 60 by then? And he was the President in High Command and he made promises to his wife. The girl had poor judgment but so did he. It seems like he just got a pass. I mean I never heard her side before or everything she went through until I listened to her talk. She's like 41 now.

Last edited:
well, yeah

Didn't BC get impeached?

What consequence did he have as a result? Didn't he finish office and act like his life was clean as a whistle?

Last edited:
well, yeah

Didn't BC get impeached?

What consequence did he have as a result? Didn't he finish office and act like his life was clean as a whistle?
Yes.

It goes to show just what kind of people the Clintons are, and what kind of people it takes to support them.

It goes to show just what kind of people the Clintons are, and what kind of people it takes to support them.
Lesser of two weevils -- Trump is a chump.

Forum List

Back