Cuomo bans Confederate flags being sold on state property.

And yet the President demanding that players stand for the anthem is perfectly OK.
"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a b**** off the field right now. Out! He's fired. He's fired"

"The NFL cannot disrespect our country. They cannot disrespect our flag, or our National Anthem."

Sure they can. If they want to. They just should not be supported by any Patriotic American.

The President was operating from the mistaken assumption that the owners were Americans, instead of anti-American libs.

And yet the President demanding that players stand for the anthem is perfectly OK.
"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a b**** off the field right now. Out! He's fired. He's fired"

"The NFL cannot disrespect our country. They cannot disrespect our flag, or our National Anthem."
Where is the “demand”?
He added in another tweet: "We should be standing up straight and tall, ideally with a salute, or a hand on heart. There are other things you can protest, but not our Great American Flag - NO KNEELING!"

He only banned confederate flag sales on public property. You can still sell them in stores.

Cumhole's order is unconstitutional.
So are confederates.

Not really, a state can secede.

You're not awfully bright are you?
It's against the law to secede. That doesn't mean that it won't happen. I'm not big on laws, but any state seceding is going to have to defend themselves. That's how it's done.

If a state finds it's rights are not being recognized by federal government then secession is on the table.
Huh? What law does secession violate?
In Texas v. White (1869), the Supreme Court ruled unilateral secession unconstitutional, while commenting that revolution or consent of the states could lead to a successful secession.

So they can secede....lol

That's the Repubtards for you; want their cake and eat it too. Bigly!!!

Where is the “demand”?
He added in another tweet: "We should be standing up straight and tall, ideally with a salute, or a hand on heart. There are other things you can protest, but not our Great American Flag - NO KNEELING!"

There are no exclusions listed in the Constitution. Besides the Supreme Court has basically already commented on this. Maybe Trump should take a class on the Constitution.

Where is the “demand”?

"Should be". He is correct. Should is advice, a recommendation, not a demand.

For those always complaining about their rights being violated this is a proper example. To me something like this is the proper reason to remove a politician. He admits it violates the 1st Amendment but he will support it anyway. That is unacceptable for a politician. It reminds me when Bush acknowledged that McCain/Feingold was unconstitutional but he would sign it anyway.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Bans Sale of Confederate Flags, Despite Knowing This Has First Amendment Problems

How is it a violation of First Amendment Rights when it only applies to state owned property. Sale of Nazi Swastika flags on government property have been going on since WWII, and before.

Where is the “demand”?
Made a lot of sense coming from a serial, aggressive, highly motivated draft dodger!

Where is the “demand”?

"Should be". He is correct. Should is advice, a recommendation, not a demand.
How about "must"?
"The $40,000,000 Commissioner must now make a stand. First time kneeling, out for game. Second time kneeling, out for season/no pay!"

That's the Repubtards for you; want their cake and eat it too. Bigly!!!

If they symbol of a group, is so offensive to you, that you HAVE to show disrespect during an unity ritual,

you should resign your membership in that group.

For those always complaining about their rights being violated this is a proper example. To me something like this is the proper reason to remove a politician. He admits it violates the 1st Amendment but he will support it anyway. That is unacceptable for a politician. It reminds me when Bush acknowledged that McCain/Feingold was unconstitutional but he would sign it anyway.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Bans Sale of Confederate Flags, Despite Knowing This Has First Amendment Problems

How is it a violation of First Amendment Rights when it only applies to state owned property. Sale of Nazi Swastika flags on government property have been going on since WWII, and before.

Constitution applies to the state's also.

Incorporation Doctrine.

Then queer flags can be banned from sale on public property?

Hooray! No more fag flags on public property

He only banned confederate flag sales on public property. You can still sell them in stores.

So are confederates.

It's against the law to secede. That doesn't mean that it won't happen. I'm not big on laws, but any state seceding is going to have to defend themselves. That's how it's done.

If a state finds it's rights are not being recognized by federal government then secession is on the table.
In Texas v. White (1869), the Supreme Court ruled unilateral secession unconstitutional, while commenting that revolution or consent of the states could lead to a successful secession.

Well yeah, any state can secede. But if you can't get the consent of the other states, then your only other option is that you are starting a revolution. If Texas secedes, I'm getting the hell out of here before the Apache helicopters show up. Bubbas and their rifles are a side that I don't want to be on.

Unconstitutional
Leftist assholes already know this

Not only doesn't it affect the sales on PRIVATE property, but will be struck down in court.

Just one more reason to not patronize public property causing their state to lose even more revenue. Another backfire for Cuomo.

Besides, the Confederate flag is nothing more than an interesting obsolete flag now, a decoration-- used to be part of a harmless, popular comedy sit-com TV show before progressive snowflakes came along.

But good to know that as usual, worthless Democrats are tackling all the BIG problems.

So are confederates.

Well yeah, any state can secede. But if you can't get the consent of the other states, then your only other option is that you are starting a revolution. If Texas secedes, I'm getting the hell out of here before the Apache helicopters show up. Bubbas and their rifles are a side that I don't want to be on.

My hubs is from Texas and my grandpa lives there.... you're brighter than I thought

Don't mess with Texas

I suspect the headline writer for the acticle's website figured highlighting the ban on "confederate flags" would gather more clicks than "neo-Nazi flags".

Our civil rights are not suspended when we're on state property.

You don't have the right to buy a confederate flag. When vendors are operating in public malls, the vendors have to respect the wishes of the mall owner who tells them what they are allowed to sell, and more importantly what they cannot sell.

You don't walk into a Christian bookstore and ask them to sell you books promoting Satanism, so it's not unrealistic of you to expect that a government owned property is not selling symbols of hate and racism.

You don't have the right to buy a confederate flag. When vendors are operating in public malls, the vendors have to respect the wishes of the mall owner who tells them what they are allowed to sell, and more importantly what they cannot sell.

You don't walk into a Christian bookstore and ask them to sell you books promoting Satanism, so it's not unrealistic of you to expect that a government owned property is not selling symbols of hate and racism.

You are better than this,.........

Forum List

Back