Curious, why do Libertarians only seem to care about the federal government?

novasteve

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2011
I never hear them objecting to the nanny statism going on at the state and local level. That impacts our lives a lot more. If you have a bunch of liberals banning everything they don't like at the state level, it won't really matter too much what the feds are doing.

Nowhere near? You have states telling people they can't even smoke in their own homes now

its called democracy.

the people are allowed to have their say in the fed or in the state.

Libertarians want to re fight the federalist papers.

what they really need to do is study the federalist papers and learn what the founders learned in that process of publically discussing the perameters of government like this country did at that momment.

you will walk away after studing them not being a libertarian any more.

it also kills dead most of the republican sthick

Fear the federalist papers right wing.

its why your masters dont teach you about them much

hey leftys want to kick republican booty all day long?

study up on the federalist papers.

I never hear them objecting to the nanny statism going on at the state and local level. That impacts our lives a lot more. If you have a bunch of liberals banning everything they don't like at the state level, it won't really matter too much what the feds are doing.
I guess you've never heard me and other libertarians rip apart pretender douchebags like Tim Pawlenty and Michael Bloomberg, huh?

We do talk about local politics and act on them. I don't post much about it here because it would bore people who don't live here.

You don’t hear it as much because this is a national board and debating CA politics with a member in WA usually is not helpful. There is also the fact that state governments can and should be the greater presence as you can leave a state and still be an American. You can’t say the same thing for the feds.

Lastly, I am a libertarian and I have complained several times about state regulations as they are more oppressive than the federal government by far. Unfortunately, we are not going to solve this by fixing the states and then the feds though, they will just step in. We need t get the federal government back on track with small and efficient by turning most of its powers to the states where we can get the state governments smaller and more efficient by turning those powers over to the localities where we can finally end things that the government should never have been doing in the first place.

I've mentioned Federalist 41 (at least) on numerous occasions, idjit.

The moment when no one cares about what the Federal Government is doing, that is when people should actually worry...

Forum List

Back