Current Events: One of Mexico's Biggest Drug Lords Captured. Thank you Biden/Harris Administration

Procrustes Stretched

Dante's Manifesto
Dec 1, 2008
It's a great story of focus and determination. You can run but you can't hide (note Trump and co.). Eventually the US will catch you. Justice Awaits.

How the U.S. Captured One of Mexico’s Biggest Drug Lords​

The improbable arrest of Ismael Zambada García, who for decades had evaded the authorities, at a small airport outside El Paso appears to be a tale of subterfuge and betrayal.

El Chapo’s son, Joaquín Guzmán López, tricked Mr. Zambada García into boarding the plane, the U.S. officials said, telling him they were going to look at real estate in northern Mexico. The older man had no idea that he was actually en route to Texas, where he would be delivered into the hands of American agents who had long been on his tail.

The dramatic cross-border flight came after years of quiet contact between Mr. Guzmán López and a small team of U.S. law enforcement officers in the F.B.I. and Homeland Security Department who had doggedly been chasing him, his three brothers and Mr. Zambada García in the wake of Mr. Guzmán Loera’s landmark conviction on drug conspiracy charges five years ago.

a few quotes LOL -- panic in Mexico

It remains unclear at this point how much the law enforcement officers shaped or directed the events that unfolded on Thursday, but they were aware that Mr. Zambada García was on the plane as it neared the U.S. border, according to two people familiar with the matter.
And in the end, regardless of what role they played, the American agents got what they wanted: They apprehended a hugely important criminal target that had eluded capture and that they had long doubted Mexican officials could — or would — get for them.

Almost immediately, the two arrests unleashed a torrent of questions in Mexico, where the government said that it played no role and that it was unaware anything had taken place until the U.S. Embassy called with the news that Mr. Zambada García and Mr. Guzmán López were in custody.

Grilled by reporters on Friday morning, Mexico’s secretary of security, Rosa Icela Rodríguez, said the government did not know whether the arrest was part of a deal with U.S. prosecutors.

“It’s part of the investigations, whether it was a capture or a surrender,” Ms. Rodríguez said. “That’s part of what the U.S. government will have to explain.”

The arrests are necessary, I guess. The cartels are so powerful now that I doubt they will lose money or even be negatively affected for long but we can hope. Until Americans stop buying billions of dollars worth of their product, there will never be a solution. I just hope we don't see a slaughter of Mexicans who are suspected of helping to make this arrest happen.

If we ever really began to hurt the cartels, there would be war.

The arrests are necessary, I guess. The cartels are so powerful now that I doubt they will lose money or even be negatively affected for long but we can hope. Until Americans stop buying billions of dollars worth of their product, there will never be a solution. I just hope we don't see a slaughter of Mexicans who are suspected of helping to make this arrest happen.

So, Nancy Regan’s “Just Say No” didn’t work, did it?

A good friend has lived there for decades. He's done some reporting. Had to stop and go into hiding.

I see how corrupt Mexico has been and blame the whole nation. They've had revolutions and wtf has it all accomplished? Of course there are innocents, but they are like the Palestinian trapped under Hamas. They helped their rulers gain the power.

So, Nancy Regan’s “Just Say No” didn’t work, did it?
I believe as a a policy, yes.

But I also believe as personal responsibility -- few ever get addicted unknowingly. It doesn't sneak up out of nowhere. People abuse drugs they like. They then make excuses and later regret personal choices.

That said...

One of my favorite tunes back in the day.

It's a great story of focus and determination. You can run but you can't hide (note Trump and co.). Eventually the US will catch you. Justice Awaits.

The improbable arrest of Ismael Zambada García, who for decades had evaded the authorities, at a small airport outside El Paso appears to be a tale of subterfuge and betrayal.

El Chapo’s son, Joaquín Guzmán López, tricked Mr. Zambada García into boarding the plane, the U.S. officials said, telling him they were going to look at real estate in northern Mexico. The older man had no idea that he was actually en route to Texas, where he would be delivered into the hands of American agents who had long been on his tail.

The dramatic cross-border flight came after years of quiet contact between Mr. Guzmán López and a small team of U.S. law enforcement officers in the F.B.I. and Homeland Security Department who had doggedly been chasing him, his three brothers and Mr. Zambada García in the wake of Mr. Guzmán Loera’s landmark conviction on drug conspiracy charges five years ago.
10 minutes are he was arrested.
Another cartel drug lord took his place.
.....................................................................................................

geeze an old fart with one foot on the banana peal and the other in the grave.
Who's nothing more than a relative of the head man
this is a nothing berger. won't do anything to stop drugs

Arrest one bad man another takes his place.

The only way to end the drug problem is to convince people to stop taking drugs.

Arrest one bad man another takes his place.

The only way to end the drug problem is to convince people to stop taking drugs.
Good luck with that.

It would help if we locked up everyone in Big Pharma who created the opioid crisis instead of just a fucking fine.

It's one thing for a supplier to meet demand, quite another to create that demand.

We need some powerful deterrents. Maybe executions.

Every President takes credit for what happens in his administration, even if it had very little to do with him personally.

Except Clinton, he claimed he had nothing to do with the massacre at Waco and so people let him get away with it.

I believe as a a policy, yes.

But I also believe as personal responsibility -- few ever get addicted unknowingly. It doesn't sneak up out of nowhere. People abuse drugs they like. They then make excuses and later regret personal choices.

That said...

One of my favorite tunes back in the day.

first time i heard this song was in southeast asua

Forum List

Back