Cuts to SS and Medicare

I disagree. The cap is at $127k. That isn’t rich. You’d simply be putting it on those who are among the most taxed people and make them pay even more for the same benefit as someone making the median wage. IMO the only fair way is everyone pay more by raising the tax by a point or two. SS is an individually earned benefit. Not a general fund.
I make less than $127k. I pay social security tax on every penny I make.

They should do so also

It takes what it takes. SS has worked well for 80-years.
Raising the cap is a nothingburger. Let the pigs squeal
Yep… people making over $127k are pigs. Are the problem. :rolleyes:

That’s the household income of two wage earners earning the median.

The cap is like $127k. I don’t consider that rich by any measure. SS is an individual benefit.

The “rich” liberals wish would pay a fairer share are the ultra wealthy and corps who often get over. Not the 1% which begins at $570k but the fractional rich who make hundreds of millions or billions.

Technical correction, the 2023 cap is $160K.

WW

All the states shut down partially at first because the “experts” wete demanding it

But libs didnt want the shutdown to ever end and the battle was between repubs trying to reopen and libs resisting
So once again admitting what absolute betas the Rethugikkkons are. Thank you so much.

It takes what it takes. SS has worked well for 80-years.
Raising the cap is a nothingburger. Let the pigs squeal
How is this working well?

2022-09-16%20%20Unfunded%20Liability-L.jpg

The cap is like $127k. I don’t consider that rich by any measure.
I disagree. The cap is at $127k. That isn’t rich. You’d simply be putting it on those who are among the most taxed people and make them pay even more for the same benefit as someone making the median wage.
No one said $127k was rich. It's just the weird place they've decided to stop charging all those who make more income. Remove the cap and everyone pays the same, gets the same. With a cap those who make less PAY MORE in terms of what they make overall FOR THE SAME BENEFIT!
Why TF would you make poorer people pay a higher proportion of their income to gain the same "security" the super rich enjoy?

Nope, it is you that blames Dims for shutdowns in Rethugikkkon controlled states you NO intellect rube!
Even in the red states it was the drmocrat ruled cities who were the worst offenders of shutdown mania

I can forgive a few months of panic because the experts were predicting 10’s of millions of deaths in America alone

Thats sobering news, but it wasnt true

Libs are the sole cause of the economic turmoil that has taken place since the chinese virus scare

Even in the red states it was the drmocrat ruled cities who were the worst offenders of shutdown mania

I can forgive a few months of panic because the experts were predicting 10’s of millions of deaths in America alone

Thats sobering news, but it wasnt true

Libs are the sole cause of the economic turmoil that has taken place since the chinese virus scare

Why did those Beta Rethugikkkons let that happen. What you are saying is bullshit.

Forum List

Back