Cyber-Bullying Across USMB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wake

Easygoing Conservative
Jun 11, 2013
It's true that there are groups of people who troll others relentlessly within this website, across this board, cruelly. It's of a bullying nature, and it's wrong.

I just happened upon this thread, My Doctor is an Idiot, and I read some pretty lowdown garbage in there.

All this is, is internet bullying. Aka cyberbullying. In my opinion there's a problem with bullies here, and it shouldn't be tolerated. We've got people now who are too scared to post general threads because a pack of people will troll and hurt them over it.

Could USMB's rules be amended, to further discourage site-wide bullying, please? People shouldn't have to have inoffensive threads being used to be personally attacked and bullied over upstairs.

Cyberbullying should be stamped out when it happens.

I know that others feel strongly in agreement with me here, and I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter, too.

It shouldn't be that a group of people can keep trying to make life complete and utter hell for certain individuals upstairs, in the worst personal ways. Whether it's in the Pet forum, or in the Healthcare, whatever, it should not be. It's not ok, it's not alright.

Last edited:
It is impossible to bully anyone over the internet because all you have to do is turn off the computer to get rid of the bully.

First reply in Gracie's thread:

Your doctor was an idiot when he continued to prescribe Xanax for you. Now he/she seems to be saving you from yourself.

Is your doc an idiot because you have cancer and you continue to smoke?

That's bullying?

Gracie's response to that:

Who said I have cancer? HAD, bitchface. HAD.

^^ Calling Sarah "bitchface"? How was that appropriate behavior. Gracie escalated that situation way over the top.

It is impossible to bully anyone over the internet because all you have to do is turn off the computer to get rid of the bully.

We're all adults Wake. Don't read what causes you stress.

But the point is that we are all adults, and cyberbullying shouldn't be tolerated. Adults don't do that.

Why is it that I keep getting these messages that I am being mentioned in a thread and then I do not see my name?

That is annoying

Why is it that I keep getting these messages that I am being mentioned in a thread and then I do not see my name?

That is annoying
Same here.

I invited members to join this discussion, because I do believe it's important. The list was edited out because sometimes people quote it even when asked not to, which causes the list to send out mentions again.

That is annoying
Same here.

Wake thinks what he has to say is so important that it justifies a cattle call with a mass @ list to bring people in to see it. You get put on his list unless you explicitly ask him not to include you. And even after you explicitly ask him not to, you still might get called.

And then he does a quick edit to delete his obnoxious list even though he has claimed elsewhere that he doesn't do crap like that.

Wake?

Please @ me for the game and nothing else.

Thanks. :)

Define bullying.

There are def people on USMB who act as if they're four years old, creating, instigating, seeking drama. They need to grow the hell up.

Last edited:

That is annoying
Same here.
[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]

I am getting a little annoyed over it. It happens all the time, it is getting to be a bit much. I don't even know this wake person

Cyberbullying

Cyberbullying is the use of Information Technology to harm or harass other people in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner. According to U.S. Legal Definitions, Cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in other’s minds; or it may go to the extent of personally identifying victims and publishing materials severely defaming and humiliating them.
Cyberbullying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Internet bullying

Internet bullying is a form of personal attack which employs threats, pressure and intimidation through the avenues of internet technology. The bullying may take place by the use of messaging sites, blogs, online forums, electronic mail and other means of cyber technology. When internet bullying takes place, its victims are harassed, intimidated and are left with damaged reputations.
Internet Bullying - Internet Bullying

Your doctor was an idiot when he continued to prescribe Xanax for you. Now he/she seems to be saving you from yourself.

That's bullying?

^^ Calling Sarah "bitchface"? How was that appropriate behavior. Gracie escalated that situation way over the top.

Yeah, and that isn't the first time I've been bullied like that. I know you have been too, Amelia.

It's wild west out here and I don't think the cases are so many that a mod can't slap someone on the wrist once in a while. Any rules and this place goes down hill real fast. I've seen it before. There was a time when we could not say 'fuck' on this board, although some of the mental images Warrior102 gave me I can not beat our of my head. (Not that I would know anything about that.)

Cyberbullying

Cyberbullying is the use of Information Technology to harm or harass other people in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner. According to U.S. Legal Definitions, Cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in other’s minds; or it may go to the extent of personally identifying victims and publishing materials severely defaming and humiliating them.
Cyberbullying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Internet bullying

Internet bullying is a form of personal attack which employs threats, pressure and intimidation through the avenues of internet technology. The bullying may take place by the use of messaging sites, blogs, online forums, electronic mail and other means of cyber technology. When internet bullying takes place, its victims are harassed, intimidated and are left with damaged reputations.
Internet Bullying - Internet Bullying

Look to your stuff in the flame zone MeBelle.

Shalom?

That's bullying?

Yeah, and that isn't the first time I've been bullied like that. I know you have been too, Amelia.

Yer a big girl, you can deal :lol:

That is annoying
Same here.

Wake thinks what he has to say is so important that it justifies a cattle call with a mass @ list to bring people in to see it. You get put on his list unless you explicitly ask him not to include you. And even after you explicitly ask him not to, you still might get called.

And then he does a quick edit to delete his obnoxious list even though he has claimed elsewhere that he doesn't do crap like that.

One could say that posting mass cattle call mention lists is also a form of cyber-bullying.

True story. :thup:

john-cleese-161311.jpg

Cleese.

Nobody likes bullies. However, where children are unduly influenced by social media and diatribe forums, adults should have enough common sense to know that no one can harm them, unless they allow it.

The Flame Zone is an excellent example of control, or the lack thereof. No one is making people go into the Flame Zone. We have a big warning to enter at your own risk.... If you can't take the heat, then stay the hell out of the kitchen.

That being said, when members go out of their way to be annoying, we can and will deal with that. All it takes is the affected member letting us know that they are having a problem with someone.

That's bullying?

Yes, poor Amelia who supports the pushing taunt of a cat's death into it's owners face in the flame zone.

She's being bullied.
OK

:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back