Cyber-Bullying Across USMB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is embarassing.

Wake..I had the thread closed for a reason. Then you just bring it back up and @ people?

Oy.

I thank you for the thought but do you really think this is a good idea? I don't.

Cyberbullying should be stamped out when it happens.

Disagree.

There’s no such thing as ‘cyberbullying,’ just as there’s no such thing as ‘political correctness.’ Private individuals in the context of private society are at liberty to say whatever they wish; this is a fundamental tenet of a truly free society – it should be celebrated and encouraged, not feared and ‘stamped out.’

You're just afraid political correctness will be stamped out :eusa_whistle:

:badgrin:

I just happened upon this thread, My Doctor is an Idiot, and I read some pretty lowdown garbage in there.

Wake, you being in the medical field should have some knowledge of the effects of that particular medication, perhaps?

There may have been some lowdown garbage in that thread there was also a lot of truth and advice posted.
Generally, a doc won't rx xanax for more than 90 days.
If anxiety persists pts are moved to ativan or klonopin along with talk therapy.

Having worked in outpatient facilities for drug addicts/alcoholics I found the reaction from the OP very familiar.

Lets just get the record straight, shall we?

I was given xanax over a year ago by my doctor because I was having probs sleeping. That's it. Just sleep. He said it can be addictive. I didn't check because I didn't abuse it. I get (got) a refill every month, always with some left over because sometimes I didn't take one. I got 5mgs, bit it in half. My rx was for 15 pills for 30 days. Do the math. I had 1/2 a pill left last thursday when I went to see him for the bee sting. I told him I needed a refill. He said ok. But he never did it. I called and asked again. He refused. Out of the blue. So now I am suffering with this shit and feel totally stupid for NOT checking on xanax as much as I do other drugs I am told to take.

This also has NOTHING to do with my cancer or whether I smoke. I am having problems NOW, with detoxing. Assholes who brought my cancer had not intention of giving support. All that clique wanted to do was bash me and now they have a new one to assist...Bones. Good to know.

You people are fucking sick.

And with that said...again..I am out of here until I see a few pinks. No pinks? Fine. I have other places.

Last edited:
It's true that there are groups of people who troll others relentlessly within this website, across this board, cruelly. It's of a bullying nature, and it's wrong.

I just happened upon this thread, My Doctor is an Idiot, and I read some pretty lowdown garbage in there.

All this is, is internet bullying. Aka cyberbullying. In my opinion there's a problem with bullies here, and it shouldn't be tolerated. We've got people now who are too scared to post general threads because a pack of people will troll and hurt them over it.

Could USMB's rules be amended, to further discourage site-wide bullying, please? People shouldn't have to have inoffensive threads being used to be personally attacked and bullied over upstairs.

I know that others feel strongly in agreement with me here, and I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter, too.

It shouldn't be that a group of people can keep trying to make life complete and utter hell for certain individuals upstairs, in the worst personal ways. Whether it's in the Pet forum, or in the Healthcare, whatever, it should not be. It's not ok, it's not alright.

lets see...who was doing the bullying and flaming wake... seems to me as it it was your very own gracie...

i agree... she is a vicious internet bully. She lies to sling her crap, bullies as she pleases.... and then owns up to the bullying.

talking withdraw...... lets see....that is talking about addictions ....yes. so lets walk you though this...

sarah : He's trying to help you. You had to have figured that out by now. (talking about a doctor no longer prescribing you a drug)

sryenn: Drug addicts don't want to be helped..... all they want is their next fix.

gracie: Hey fatty old lady...oops..I'm not supposed to know that. Sorry. Anyway...go fuck yourself, oinker.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/health-and-lifestyle/354933-my-doctor-is-an-idiot.html#post9106827

so tell me... who is bullying whom here [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]..... no other then your gracie.... I suggest you READ the thread

It is impossible to bully anyone over the internet because all you have to do is turn off the computer to get rid of the bully.

We're all adults Wake. Don't read what causes you stress.

But the point is that we are all adults, and cyberbullying shouldn't be tolerated. Adults don't do that.

Why is it that I keep getting these messages that I am being mentioned in a thread and then I do not see my name?

That is annoying
Same here.

I invited members to join this discussion, because I do believe it's important. The list was edited out because sometimes people quote it even when asked not to, which causes the list to send out mentions again.

then i suggest you take up the subject with the gracie....

Wake, you being in the medical field should have some knowledge of the effects of that particular medication, perhaps?

There may have been some lowdown garbage in that thread there was also a lot of truth and advice posted.
Generally, a doc won't rx xanax for more than 90 days.
If anxiety persists pts are moved to ativan or klonopin along with talk therapy.

Having worked in outpatient facilities for drug addicts/alcoholics I found the reaction from the OP very familiar.

Lets just get the record straight, shall we?

I was given xanax over a year ago by my doctor because I was having probs sleeping. That's it. Just sleep. He said it can be addictive. I didn't check because I didn't abuse it. I get (got) a refill every month, always with some left over because sometimes I didn't take one. I got 5mgs, bit it in half. My rx was for 15 pills for 30 days. Do the math. I had 1/2 a pill left last thursday when I went to see him for the bee sting. I told him I needed a refill. He said ok. But he never did it. I called and asked again. He refused. Out of the blue. So now I am suffering with this shit and feel totally stupid for NOT checking on xanax as much as I do other drugs I am told to take.

This also has NOTHING to do with my cancer or whether I smoke. I am having problems NOW, with detoxing. Assholes who brought my cancer had not intention of giving support. All that clique wanted to do was bash me and now they have a new one to assist...Bones. Good to know.

You people are fucking sick.

And with that said...again..I am out of here until I see a few pinks. No pinks? Fine. I have other places.

And you'll use your influence to make THAT happen.

:eusa_whistle:

First reply in Gracie's thread:

Your doctor was an idiot when he continued to prescribe Xanax for you. Now he/she seems to be saving you from yourself.

Is your doc an idiot because you have cancer and you continue to smoke?

That's bullying?

Gracie's response to that:

Who said I have cancer? HAD, bitchface. HAD.

^^ Calling Sarah "bitchface"? How was that appropriate behavior. Gracie escalated that situation way over the top.

Yeah, and that isn't the first time I've been bullied like that. I know you have been too, Amelia.

welcome to the world of gracie psycho crazy.....

It's true that there are groups of people who troll others relentlessly within this website, across this board, cruelly. It's of a bullying nature, and it's wrong.

All this is, is internet bullying. Aka cyberbullying. In my opinion there's a problem with bullies here, and it shouldn't be tolerated. We've got people now who are too scared to post general threads because a pack of people will troll and hurt them over it.

Could USMB's rules be amended, to further discourage site-wide bullying, please? People shouldn't have to have inoffensive threads being used to be personally attacked and bullied over upstairs.

I know that others feel strongly in agreement with me here, and I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter, too.

It shouldn't be that a group of people can keep trying to make life complete and utter hell for certain individuals upstairs, in the worst personal ways. Whether it's in the Pet forum, or in the Healthcare, whatever, it should not be. It's not ok, it's not alright.

lets see...who was doing the bullying and flaming wake... seems to me as it it was your very own gracie...

i agree... she is a vicious internet bully. She lies to sling her crap, bullies as she pleases.... and then owns up to the bullying.

talking withdraw...... lets see....that is talking about addictions ....yes. so lets walk you though this...

sarah : He's trying to help you. You had to have figured that out by now. (talking about a doctor no longer prescribing you a drug)

sryenn: Drug addicts don't want to be helped..... all they want is their next fix.

gracie: Hey fatty old lady...oops..I'm not supposed to know that. Sorry. Anyway...go fuck yourself, oinker.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/health-and-lifestyle/354933-my-doctor-is-an-idiot.html#post9106827

so tell me... who is bullying whom here [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]..... no other then your gracie.... I suggest you READ the thread

I wouldn't classify what she is doing as bullying. She's just being a raging rude unpleasant vicious bitch. Best to shun such.

Why is it that I keep getting these messages that I am being mentioned in a thread and then I do not see my name?

That is annoying
Same here.
[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]

Ditto! Why is this happening, and why is it being allowed? [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]

Define bullying.

There are def people on USMB who act as if they're four years old, creating, instigating, seeking drama. They need to grow the hell up.

Bullying is hacking the website to stack the deck against a target.

A cat fight is what I saw there on that closed thread, which was the appropriate action on the part of the moderator who closed the thread, imho.

Unfortunately, the world won't see my brilliant answer to the problem because the thread was closed.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I don't have anyone on my ignore list, but after reading that horrible thread, Gracie is going there now.

I don't want to have anything to do with such a hateful person.

That is annoying
Same here.
[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]

Ditto! Why is this happening, and why is it being allowed? [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]

There should be a limit of 5 @ mentions in any single post.

That would stop the "cattle call" bullshit. :thup:

Tormenting someone over their dead pet, cancer, and mental health issues and telling them if they don't post they won't see it-following them around and threatening them with this is Sociopathic and harassment. It sucks.

There's flaming and there's this garbage. It was taken upstairs AGAIN. It should stay in the FZ at least but really it shouldn't be allowed.

i agree.... gracie was just flaming away.

so...

saying that the doctor was right to cut her off of an addictive drug... was harassment?

Define bullying.

There are def people on USMB who act as if they're four years old, creating, instigating, seeking drama. They need to grow the hell up.

Bullying is hacking the website to stack the deck against a target.

A cat fight is what I saw there on that closed thread, which was the appropriate action on the part of the moderator who closed the thread, imho.

Unfortunately, the world won't see my brilliant answer to the problem because the thread was closed.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

tumblr_mlosveFcUm1qkk3xyo1_250.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back