Damn right i’m entitled and not a victim

Killing SS?? What an idiot you are.

It needs fixing.

My idea of fixing it is to let people take out ONLY what they have in it. I'm sure the program will lose its popularity in no time. After all SS only draws 1% interest. Any bank in the Union would give you better odds with YOUR money.

Yep. They should let folks know that they can only take out what they put into it. Popularity gone. Program hopefully gone.

Given that, contribution to the program should be voluntary. There are many people who had no choice and they are now being threatened with the loss of funds that the government promised would be available in their old age.

DAMN RIGHT I’M ENTITLED AND NOT A VICTIM
Unless Romney makes me a victim by turning my Medicare to a voucher program and privatizing my Social Security.

I worked 50 years and sometime two jobs and put my self through college without any help but a full time job and raised three kids in the process. I paid into the system, paid into two wars I did not support, paid into a welfare system I never used, paid into unemployment insurance and never had to use and now my Social Security insurance policy entitles me to Social Security and Medicare, $10 in food stamps, (that Romney want to begrudge me?) a discount on my prescriptions.

My dad invested his future into social security and never lived to collect after working 40 years. He was not able to pass his insurance policy on to his survivors, but Romney’s dad investment was pass on to him and gave him a head start. African slaves worked and built the country and the toils of their labor was not pass on the survivors to give them a head start.

Social Security is one investment that is not pass on to surviving relatives in the form of stock.

Damn right I am entitled, but I am not a victim yet but Romney has all intentions to make me one if he is elected to look out for my interest. A big no thanks Romney. :eusa_hand:

Hey IDIOT.. If you worked 50 years, you must be at least 66 years old which means Romney's plans don't even affect you. FAUX OUTRAGE NOTED.

I am 73 years old and it will affect my childern and grand children and some have already paid into Social Security as it will not be there for them when they become of age. And anything that affects my childern and grand children it affect me.

Consider also, if you do not live long enough to recoup the sums you have paid into your account, that money is GONE when you are. There is no possibility to pass that money on to your family.

She gets ONLY the money she paid into the program. Not a dime more.

If she lives beyond that point, that is her problem. That is what HER greed will get her.

Rather than being part of the solution, she has decided to cement her position with big government to the detriment of everyone else.

As I said, in 50 years, when her kids and grand kids have nothing, I hope the remember her properly.

I don't think the law is written that way, sorry but it isn't.
Would you like to know how much I care?

The claim is she paid into the system. That she is entitled to the money because it is HERS.

Well, the money she paid in is finite, and will not last forever. IF she outlives that balance, too bad for her and anyone else who carries the attitude that they are owed something.

Life owes no one, anything. There are ways to fix it so that everyone can continue to enjoy the benefit. But it is simple fucking greed on the part of people like her who demand that the rest of us go down with the ship they have welded themselves too, simply because they do not wish to give up or alter a single thing.

Fuck em.

No,fuck you. She is playing by the rules.

Do you NOT know the money is not going to be there when you need it because our government has taken so much from it and not put it back??

Don't worry. Congress took it out and Congress will put it back when necessary. Even a GOP controlled Congress isn't about to let we old folks miss a SS check.

They need to STOP giving it to people who never put into it....and only give to people what they actually put in it.

Who gets it that never put into it except kids and spouses?

Actually, they should just get rid of it and let the people put away for their own retirement. If they don't do it, then it'll suck to be them when they retire!

Yeah, great idea. Let the same banks and investment companies handle your retirement that tanked the economy back in '07. What would you do if the stock market collapsed the day after you retired? Remember...if the GOP gets their way, there won't be any social safety net to fall back on.

If you think "investing" your retirement funds is a good idea, ask the employees of the City of Stockton, CA how that worked out for them.

I hate to break this to you, "Old Guy" but you are one of the more naive people that I've run across if you think that Congress is just going to magically come up with the money to fund all of these entitlement programs we've obligated ourselves to. If you took every dime that the wealthy possess it STILL wouldn't be enough. My guess is what they will end up doing at the rate we're going now is to devalue the money supply to where what they are paying us is worth next to nothing. Good luck going to the market and spending that Social Security check when a loaf of bread costs you ten bucks!

When I am 65 the conversation will go something like...SS what's that? There are people all over this country that deserve benefits and can't get them. You will get all of them and yet you are complaining.

Last edited:
To allow anyone to collect without having contributed to the fund, such as immigrants and even illegal aliens (like Obama's aunt) there is no way to keep up.

Not to mention those who have never worked and collect SSI for "disabilities" that don't prevent them from having hordes of kids, who are in turn doctor shopped until they get the coveted ADHD diagnosis so they can collect for the kids too...

yep, it's the people that never paid one dime into the system that are breaking it.

What to do about it?

Unless Romney makes me a victim by turning my Medicare to a voucher program and privatizing my Social Security.

I worked 50 years and sometime two jobs and put my self through college without any help but a full time job and raised three kids in the process. I paid into the system, paid into two wars I did not support, paid into a welfare system I never used, paid into unemployment insurance and never had to use and now my Social Security insurance policy entitles me to Social Security and Medicare, $10 in food stamps, (that Romney want to begrudge me?) a discount on my prescriptions.

My dad invested his future into social security and never lived to collect after working 40 years. He was not able to pass his insurance policy on to his survivors, but Romney’s dad investment was pass on to him and gave him a head start. African slaves worked and built the country and the toils of their labor was not pass on the survivors to give them a head start.

Social Security is one investment that is not pass on to surviving relatives in the form of stock.

Damn right I am entitled, but I am not a victim yet but Romney has all intentions to make me one if he is elected to look out for my interest. A big no thanks Romney. :eusa_hand:

Hey IDIOT.. If you worked 50 years, you must be at least 66 years old which means Romney's plans don't even affect you. FAUX OUTRAGE NOTED.

This thread should have ended with your post. This is the biggest fuck you troll response I've ever seen. Well done!!!

I hate to break this to you, "Old Guy" but you are one of the more naive people that I've run across if you think that Congress is just going to magically come up with the money to fund all of these entitlement programs we've obligated ourselves to. If you took every dime that the wealthy possess it STILL wouldn't be enough. My guess is what they will end up doing at the rate we're going now is to devalue the money supply to where what they are paying us is worth next to nothing. Good luck going to the market and spending that Social Security check when a loaf of bread costs you ten bucks!

If you think they won't, you don't know nuthin' about politics.

If you worked 50 yrs, then your about 6 years older than me....
I won't be losing anything....nothing will change for people close to retirement (over 55).
So your rant is a bunch of BS.

Besides, if you don't think SOMETHING needs to be done with SS then your nuts! If it weren't for our government "borrowing" so much of it, giving it out to people who didn't put into it, using it to fund Obamacare, we wouldn't be in this spot. Something has to be done or there won't be anything there in a few years!

Stop your whining.....

I'm 65 and the point is that it isn't about ME. I don't want to see his plan implemented for other people who come behind me because it will be worse than what is in place now.

People do not save money well for the most part and vouchers, privitization, etc. won't work.

Among other things, there will be many more people in poverty when they reach retirement and the discover they haven't planned or saved well or their savings/investments get wiped out due to events beyond their control, including having to dig into them to pay off some major expense, etc.

SS is far from perfect but at least it is a guarantee that retirees will have something in their old age.

it isn't all about us (me). It is also about others. And being ageist is not acceptable either!

Wow__ Dems have created a class of mindless peons.

Assuming you have worked all those years, you surely have built up quite a nest egg. My parents told me that to never rely on SS for your retirement years. It's just a small check.
I did my research. SS was NEVER intended to be something on which to retire. It is and always has been a supplement.
Many older people think of SS as an untouchable sacred cow. I got into a heated discussion about the matte with one of my uncles. He actually got pissed off when I told him SS was a bad concept and should be scuttled and redone. His like the reactions of many others was "don't you dare touch my social security"..The thing is he like many others in his generation were told to believe their government would take care of them in their golden years. The truth is the federal government has been robbing SS money and replacing it with IOU's. The thinking was the federal govt could spend the money deducted from our checks and it would be replaced by future generations. Well, with the economy in the shitter and baby boomers about to retire en masse, there is not nearly enough money to cover the flood of new recipients. There is no SS Trust Fund. In fact, due ot the way the federal government spends and takes money from areas which were supposed to be untouchable, has turned all of the items (SS , Medicare, etc) into TAXES. The government simply uses the deducted money for it's own purposes.
The concept or notion that we "pay into" these things is patently false. We are TAXED. Period.
There is no "account" for us.
No one has a Social Security Insurance policy....What are you talking about?
Here's what I would do if I were in the position of having a say..
Blow up Social Security. Get rid of it...Medicare....GONE..
Now, The new setup....
Workers would have the OPTION of choosing a percentage ( minimum of 3%) of their PRE TAX wage to be placed in an UNTOUCHABLE account. The account would bear interest at a rate of prime plus 1% compounded yearly. Upon the worker's retirement the funds would be ALL there. Not one red cent is to be touched by anyone. No government official no presidential executive order. Nothing. The money belongs to the person who put it there.
Employer's share....The employer(s) would be responsible for one half of the rate the employee rate..So if the worker has 4% of his or her pay withheld for the benefit, the employer pays an additional 2% toward the fund.
All of the money goes into an interest bearing account to be drawn upon by the worker upon retirement. TAX FREE..We should NOT be taxing our senior citizens for their retirement.
Now, if the worker passes away, a beneficiary is selected. They cannot receive benefits until THEIR retirement. The concept here is this is just like an insurance policy. The government should not get a bite at this apple.
The bottom line is this. I am SICK and tired of government stealing OUR money and not replacing it.
This and the reasons mentioned above are why the current SS system is broken.

Great post and spot on.

SS and Medicare are programs that never, ever should have been instituted in this country. But they were and we are now stuck with em. Of course it didn't help that they were able, under LBJ, to go in and raid it. Something the Govt has been doing for some time. Of course they never pay it back. The Congress critters are all taken care of so I'm sure they don't give a rats ass.

If I could I'd take every dime I have in both programs and invest it myself. I can sure as hell take better care of MY MONEY than some asshole Clown in DC. A Clown who has voted in some pretty pricey perks for himself. Of course all funded by tax dollars.

If you worked 50 yrs, then your about 6 years older than me....
I won't be losing anything....nothing will change for people close to retirement (over 55).
So your rant is a bunch of BS.

Besides, if you don't think SOMETHING needs to be done with SS then your nuts! If it weren't for our government "borrowing" so much of it, giving it out to people who didn't put into it, using it to fund Obamacare, we wouldn't be in this spot. Something has to be done or there won't be anything there in a few years!

Stop your whining.....

I'm 65 and the point is that it isn't about ME. I don't want to see his plan implemented for other people who come behind me because it will be worse than what is in place now.

People do not save money well for the most part and vouchers, privitization, etc. won't work.

Among other things, there will be many more people in poverty when they reach retirement and the discover they haven't planned or saved well or their savings/investments get wiped out due to events beyond their control, including having to dig into them to pay off some major expense, etc.

SS is far from perfect but at least it is a guarantee that retirees will have something in their old age.

it isn't all about us (me). It is also about others. And being ageist is not acceptable either!

How do you KNOW it'll be worse?
Something has to be done...what do you suggest? It can't stay like it is......
The problem is, the govt needs to keep their fingers out of it, but they won't.
Something has to be put in place to guarantee the govt stays out of it, but i
have no idea what that would be.....

Don't it chap your ass that you don't get to tell me what to do? What are you some kind of control freak?

No..Just two things. One, why you had to go down that road. And two, thinking you'll get away with it.
I am attempting to remain civil. You are trying to make that impossible.
With each post, you are exposing yourself.

You!re just too damn bossy. You don't get to get away with telling people who have spent their entire working lives having money forced from them in exchange for a promise that the government owes them nothing. That!s what makes you an as swipe.

I never said the government owes them nothing. Never implied it either.
Get your fucking facts straight.
Now go fuck yourself. You fucking elephant's **** cleaner.

That particular term only flies in the Flame Zone...Thanks in advance for your compliance.

~Oddball

I am 73 years old and it will affect my childern and grand children and some have already paid into Social Security as it will not be there for them when they become of age. And anything that affects my childern and grand children it affect me.

Social security will not be there for your grandchildren no matter whether democrats or republicans are in charge. That's the one thing everyone agrees on. The fund will be bankrupt in a few years no matter who is at the helm.

obama wants to fold social security into welfare, like obamacare will eventually fold medicare into obamacare. Romney wants to give people the option of investing their money into their own retirement programs. In other words, give everyone the same option that public employees get. People who work for the government don't pay into the social security system now at all. They pay into PERS or the Public Employee Retirement System. I have a friend who is a retired cop. His social security check is $39.00 a month which represents what he paid into the system when he was a kid working as a box boy at the supermarket and when he was in the Army. His PERS check is $7,000 a month. We should all have the option of being able to invest our own money.

No..Just two things. One, why you had to go down that road. And two, thinking you'll get away with it.
I am attempting to remain civil. You are trying to make that impossible.
With each post, you are exposing yourself.

You!re just too damn bossy. You don't get to get away with telling people who have spent their entire working lives having money forced from them in exchange for a promise that the government owes them nothing. That!s what makes you an as swipe.

I never said the government owes them nothing. Never implied it either.
Get your fucking facts straight.
Now go fuck yourself. You fucking elephant's **** cleaner.

I just reported your post asswipe. You are never allowed to say the "C" word outside of the Flame zone. Now go fuck yourself with your broomstick.

Assuming you have worked all those years, you surely have built up quite a nest egg. My parents told me that to never rely on SS for your retirement years. It's just a small check.
I did my research. SS was NEVER intended to be something on which to retire. It is and always has been a supplement.
Many older people think of SS as an untouchable sacred cow. I got into a heated discussion about the matte with one of my uncles. He actually got pissed off when I told him SS was a bad concept and should be scuttled and redone. His like the reactions of many others was "don't you dare touch my social security"..The thing is he like many others in his generation were told to believe their government would take care of them in their golden years. The truth is the federal government has been robbing SS money and replacing it with IOU's. The thinking was the federal govt could spend the money deducted from our checks and it would be replaced by future generations. Well, with the economy in the shitter and baby boomers about to retire en masse, there is not nearly enough money to cover the flood of new recipients. There is no SS Trust Fund. In fact, due ot the way the federal government spends and takes money from areas which were supposed to be untouchable, has turned all of the items (SS , Medicare, etc) into TAXES. The government simply uses the deducted money for it's own purposes.
The concept or notion that we "pay into" these things is patently false. We are TAXED. Period.
There is no "account" for us.
No one has a Social Security Insurance policy....What are you talking about?
Here's what I would do if I were in the position of having a say..
Blow up Social Security. Get rid of it...Medicare....GONE..
Now, The new setup....
Workers would have the OPTION of choosing a percentage ( minimum of 3%) of their PRE TAX wage to be placed in an UNTOUCHABLE account. The account would bear interest at a rate of prime plus 1% compounded yearly. Upon the worker's retirement the funds would be ALL there. Not one red cent is to be touched by anyone. No government official no presidential executive order. Nothing. The money belongs to the person who put it there.
Employer's share....The employer(s) would be responsible for one half of the rate the employee rate..So if the worker has 4% of his or her pay withheld for the benefit, the employer pays an additional 2% toward the fund.
All of the money goes into an interest bearing account to be drawn upon by the worker upon retirement. TAX FREE..We should NOT be taxing our senior citizens for their retirement.
Now, if the worker passes away, a beneficiary is selected. They cannot receive benefits until THEIR retirement. The concept here is this is just like an insurance policy. The government should not get a bite at this apple.
The bottom line is this. I am SICK and tired of government stealing OUR money and not replacing it.
This and the reasons mentioned above are why the current SS system is broken.

:eusa_whistle:

What I bolded in red is exactly the reason to privatize the system, you made a great argument for privatizing it. What most of us want is to be able to pass on what we pay in to our benefactors should we not live to collect it. It should be an investment, not a bottomless pit that the government gets to rob for their pet projects and to buy votes or to use as a scare tactic to garner votes. So, good job, you listed great reasons for why it needs to be majorly revamped and privatized. ;)

What I bolded in red is exactly the reason to privatize the system, you made a great argument for privatizing it. What most of us want is to be able to pass on what we pay in to our benefactors should we not live to collect it. It should be an investment, not a bottomless pit that the government gets to rob for their pet projects and to buy votes or to use as a scare tactic to garner votes. So, good job, you listed great reasons for why it needs to be majorly revamped and privatized. ;)

You're not allowed to show fiscal constraint to a liberal.. They are the "Entitled" culture.. Phones, food stamps, electric bills, college, rent.. you name it, they're entitled and will fight tooth and nail to hang on to the gubmint cheese.

Imagine that............."Investing" in social security for 40 years and not collecting a dime

Some fool got hoodwinked and at robbed all at the same time..........What a deal !!!! LOL

Forum List

Back