🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

David Hogg weeps...interest in Concealed carry goes up 100% after Parkland shooting

What's the sense of EXPANDING a broken ass mismanaged system? Why don't we PRIVATIZE it? Moody's or an Insurance Company could do that job nearly error free and cheaper...
And if the private company doesn't do the job, can they be sued for the mistake like our government is with their mistakes? I may not trust the govt, but I don't trust private companies either, especially involved in law enforcement....(like our prisons are simply prisons for profit)

And also, that would still require the military courts or someone giving the private company the info to enter and the problem with the gvt would still exist....they could fail to give the private company the info.... so there has to be another way, with checks of some sort.

As a matter of fact you COULD make that way and not give legal immunity to the contractor like the government has when THEY fuck up.. But I'd rather take AWAY the government immunity and make it a "fair fight" and have them FOCUS on excellence and dilligience.

Would you rather get an elevator inspection from a Private company who CAN be sued? Or a government official that his normal grade raise that year he kills 3 people?

And prisons already subcontract about 1/3 of their budget for laundry, food, medical services, inmate services etc. Even the "government run:" ones... They can't compete because they are NOT GOOD at cooking, cleaning, accounting, and medical care. In fact, they can't handle much of anything because there is general lack of accountability..

NICS system is NOT rocket science. It's not even near as complex an operation as Twitter or SnapChat. There's just not a motivation to make it ACCURATE and complete with the parameters we have NOW. And too many of these mass shootings COULD have avoided if anyone was managing the system as intended.

That's WHY most folks OPPOSE adding Psych info to it. The potential for mistakes, abuse and lack of a process to protest is humongeous. Not to mention, there's no medical test numbers for "crazy" or dangerous.
But you are just adding another layer to the process that is already making mistakes, human error is inevitable, and adding more people to the process could make the mistakes even greater..... fixing it closer to the root of the problem, with some sort of triple check, instituted, seems more efficient.

otherwise the same type mistakes will just be passed on to this "new layer" of people, it seems to me....

and I just can not imagine all the variables and agencies that the private contractor would have to navigate for all the states....that's a pretty costly venture, that it all may not even fix....imo.

so, I am still on the fence with that one....just don't know if it would really be better if the agencies that have f-d up, aren't fixed in the first place.... ya know?

And Westwall, the Promise program for Broward country was Florida State Legislation....not federal....and the Florida legislature is a Republican Majority...... so THEY agreed to put in the program.

Yes, my mistake, but Runcie, the originator, had strong ties to the obama admin.

The collaborative agreement, signed by Runcie; Sheriff Scott Israel, now fully embroiled in his agency's failure to get Cruz off the streets; state's attorneys; the president of the Broward chapter of the NAACP; and many others, has the fundamental goal of keeping minority students involved in various "transgressions" away from law enforcement and out of the courts.

In one feature of PROMISE, Judge Williams circumvents the criminal justice system by participating in a simulated court hearing called "The Juvenile Justice System of Care," where he encourages the delinquent student to participate in the program rather than risk arrest.

The Obama administration's Department of Education was also involved in implementing PROMISE. Obama, who routinely dangled carrots in the form of matching federal grants to local districts for their participation in Common Core and Race to the Top, doled out millions to Broward.
How federal funding kept Nikolas Cruz from getting arrested and unable to purchase firearms

And Westwall, the Promise program for Broward country was Florida State Legislation....not federal....and the Florida legislature is a Republican Majority...... so THEY agreed to put in the program.
I don't know where you got that from. I live in Florida, and I follow state politics (ex. Florida This Week on PBS). I never heard of this insanity, until Cruz used it to buy his guns and go out slaughtering people.

I've read into it a good bit, and I seem to recall the players were Obama, Holder, Sect of Education Arne Duncan, and Broward supt of Schools Robert Runcie (an old friend of Duncan). Don't recall any state people being in on it. The funding (PAYOFFS) was to go from the feds to the schools.

In 2013, the year before Cruz entered high school, the Broward County school system rewrote its discipline policy to make it much more difficult for administrators to suspend or expel problem students, or for campus police to arrest them for misdemeanors– including some of the crimes Cruz allegedly committed in the years and months leading up to the deadly Feb. 14 shooting at his Fort Lauderdale-area school.

The new policy resulted from an Obama administration effort begun in 2011 to keep students in school and improve racial outcomes (timeline here), and came against a backdrop of other efforts to rein in perceived excesses in "zero tolerance" discipline policies, including in Florida.

Broward school Superintendent Robert W. Runcie – a Chicagoan and Harvard graduate with close ties to President Obama and his Education Department – signed an agreement with the county sheriff and other local jurisdictions to trade cops for counseling. Students charged with various misdemeanors, including assault, would now be disciplined through participation in “healing circles,” obstacle courses and other “self-esteem building” exercises.

images

Superintendent Robert W. Runcie.

Asserting that minority students, in particular, were treated unfairly by traditional approaches to school discipline, Runcie’s goal was to slash arrests and ensure that students, no matter how delinquent, graduated without criminal records.

The achievement gap "becomes intensified in the school-to-prison pipeline, where black males are disproportionately represented,” he said at the time. “We’re not going to continue to arrest our kids,” he added. “Once you have an arrest record, it becomes difficult to get scholarships, get a job, or go into the military."

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel backed Runcie’s plan to diminish the authority of police in responding to campus crime. A November 2013 video shows him signing the district’s 16-page "collaborative agreement on school discipline,” which lists more than a dozen misdemeanors that can no longer be reported to police, along with five steps police must “exhaust” before even considering placing a student under arrest.

In just a few years, ethnically diverse Broward went from leading the state of Florida in student arrests to boasting one of its lowest school-related incarceration rates. Out-of-school suspensions and expulsions also plummeted.

Runcie had been working closely with Obama Education Secretary Arne Duncan on the reforms ever since landing the Broward job in 2011, using as a reference the name of the Cabinet secretary, his former boss in the Chicago school system.

Applications for federal grants reveal that Runcie’s plan factored into approval of tens of millions of dollars in federal funding from Duncan's department.

https://www.realclearinvestigations...cipline_policy_and_the_parkland_shooting.html

Everything does seems clearer in HINDSIGHT.... but that isn't always the case....

We are looking only at the ones that slip through the cracks, but not the thousands upon thousands that the FBI probably looks in to and even stopped before a tragedy happened.

I agree the one at Parkland seems like everything went wrong, that could go wrong....but again, in hindsight.... there are things that seem like the protocols could be changed and fixed....

like, why can't when callers from say Florida call the FBI call line it goes directly to Florida's FBI office, instead of going to some national call line for the FBI that would then have to decide to pass it on to Florida's FBI office?

OR a certain number of police incidents for a teen with no record, to be flagged or given a record that would flag him as being ineligible to purchase a gun or something that restricts him? with of course the opportunity to appeal the decision, due process...?

I'm sorry Care, but 39 times that a SO responds to a call for a violent domestic abuse case, and the fact that we know back in 2016 that they had a legit reason to commit this little monster removes the "hind sight" possibility from this discussion. There were political reasons why this little prick wasn't removed from society and i want to know who made those decisions because they have the blood of 17 innocents on their hands.
i think it was something like 39 different police interactions and yes that seems like pure negligence, or just thoughtless making the motions.... but I do not think it was simply ''political reasons''... no ones intent for the ''positive program'' primarily directed towards black youth, (not necessarily someone white as snow like cruz), would in any way support over 35 incidences with the police....the positive program was for teens that made a foolish mistake or two in their youth....not to be burdened with a record for the rest of their lives.... What the police did was PURE negligence imo....

Five or six instances would be negligent. Thirty nine cases is prima facie evidence of political motivation.

What's the sense of EXPANDING a broken ass mismanaged system? Why don't we PRIVATIZE it? Moody's or an Insurance Company could do that job nearly error free and cheaper...
And if the private company doesn't do the job, can they be sued for the mistake like our government is with their mistakes? I may not trust the govt, but I don't trust private companies either, especially involved in law enforcement....(like our prisons are simply prisons for profit)

And also, that would still require the military courts or someone giving the private company the info to enter and the problem with the gvt would still exist....they could fail to give the private company the info.... so there has to be another way, with checks of some sort.

As a matter of fact you COULD make that way and not give legal immunity to the contractor like the government has when THEY fuck up.. But I'd rather take AWAY the government immunity and make it a "fair fight" and have them FOCUS on excellence and dilligience.

Would you rather get an elevator inspection from a Private company who CAN be sued? Or a government official that his normal grade raise that year he kills 3 people?

And prisons already subcontract about 1/3 of their budget for laundry, food, medical services, inmate services etc. Even the "government run:" ones... They can't compete because they are NOT GOOD at cooking, cleaning, accounting, and medical care. In fact, they can't handle much of anything because there is general lack of accountability..

NICS system is NOT rocket science. It's not even near as complex an operation as Twitter or SnapChat. There's just not a motivation to make it ACCURATE and complete with the parameters we have NOW. And too many of these mass shootings COULD have avoided if anyone was managing the system as intended.

That's WHY most folks OPPOSE adding Psych info to it. The potential for mistakes, abuse and lack of a process to protest is humongeous. Not to mention, there's no medical test numbers for "crazy" or dangerous.
But you are just adding another layer to the process that is already making mistakes, human error is inevitable, and adding more people to the process could make the mistakes even greater..... fixing it closer to the root of the problem, with some sort of triple check, instituted, seems more efficient.

otherwise the same type mistakes will just be passed on to this "new layer" of people, it seems to me....

and I just can not imagine all the variables and agencies that the private contractor would have to navigate for all the states....that's a pretty costly venture, that it all may not even fix....imo.

so, I am still on the fence with that one....just don't know if it would really be better if the agencies that have f-d up, aren't fixed in the first place.... ya know?

Not adding another layer. I'm hiring people who SPECIALIZE in things like massive multi-user data bases. To all of the Govt oversight --- the NICS system is a dust speck. To a private company running it --- it's their REPUTATION and a profit center. CLEARLY a better situation for accountability.. The shitstorm is MASSIVE when a govt contractor screws up..

Yes, my mistake, but Runcie, the originator, had strong ties to the obama admin.

The collaborative agreement, signed by Runcie; Sheriff Scott Israel, now fully embroiled in his agency's failure to get Cruz off the streets; state's attorneys; the president of the Broward chapter of the NAACP; and many others, has the fundamental goal of keeping minority students involved in various "transgressions" away from law enforcement and out of the courts.

In one feature of PROMISE, Judge Williams circumvents the criminal justice system by participating in a simulated court hearing called "The Juvenile Justice System of Care," where he encourages the delinquent student to participate in the program rather than risk arrest.

The Obama administration's Department of Education was also involved in implementing PROMISE. Obama, who routinely dangled carrots in the form of matching federal grants to local districts for their participation in Common Core and Race to the Top, doled out millions to Broward.
How federal funding kept Nikolas Cruz from getting arrested and unable to purchase firearms
I wonder if there is any proof that Cruz was put in to any of these "positive" programs in loo of prison or a record.....and did these mentors or whatever the heck they are, have write ups of their interactions with him, and whether they had to evaluate whether they felt the program counselor or whatever, worked?

The promise program has been working for many youth, it should not be thrown out because of Cruz...the people who let Cruz accumulate 39 visits from the cops just ignored all of the signs, that he was DIFFERENT from the rest, and a walking time bomb....and that should be part of the program if it is not already...how to recognize, the in-helpable.

Does interest in CC require NRA membership?

I have a CC, but I am disgusted with the NRA, and want reasonable gun regulation. Lots of people just like me, so I guess the answer is no. Now, answer the question.

There are 20,000 gun laws on the books already. What do you consider "reasonable"?

I'll get back with you as soon as I get that fake Chinese diploma, and we can speak on equal terms.

You will never be able to speak on equal terms with me as you don't have the intellect, nor the education. But, that aside, what do you think is a reasonable gun law. We are all curious. You claim to be a CCW holder, but based on your prior proclamations I find that claim to be highly dubious, but your penchant for lying aside, tell us what you think a "reasonable" gun law would be.

Universal background checks, which almost 100% of Americans want would be a good place to start.

The huge majority of people who commit mass murders would easily pass a universal background check.

The huge majority of mass murderers used guns they acquired legally and generally weeks or months or years before they committed a crime with them.

I read recently that 98% of mass murders have happened in gun free zones so gun free zones don't seem to be a good solution.

There are many many laws on the books making assault with a deadly weapon illegal, making discharging a weapon in populated areas illegal, and of course making shooting people people illegal, and not one of those laws has deterred or apparently even given pause for thought to any of the mass murderers.

But it is politically incorrect to mention that 26 out of 27 of the most deadly mass murderers came from homes where the biological father was absent. . .

And there are many other factors that are encouraging violence in our modern culture that the anti-gun crowd resists considering even more adamantly than they want more gun control.

Until we can have a conversation about all of it, all more gun control will accomplish is to encourage an energetic black market dealing in guns and make it harder to know who has them.

Wow. How high is NRA membership now?

I have a CC, but I am disgusted with the NRA, and want reasonable gun regulation. Lots of people just like me, so I guess the answer is no. Now, answer the question.
The NRA favors reasonable gun regulation.

NRA members support at least 5.

The 5 gun safety regulations that even NRA members support

NRA members do support those things. The NRA opposes every one of them.

I don't know where you got that from. I live in Florida, and I follow state politics (ex. Florida This Week on PBS). I never heard of this insanity, until Cruz used it to buy his guns and go out slaughtering people.

I've read into it a good bit, and I seem to recall the players were Obama, Holder, Sect of Education Arne Duncan, and Broward supt of Schools Robert Runcie (an old friend of Duncan). Don't recall any state people being in on it. The funding (PAYOFFS) was to go from the feds to the schools.

In 2013, the year before Cruz entered high school, the Broward County school system rewrote its discipline policy to make it much more difficult for administrators to suspend or expel problem students, or for campus police to arrest them for misdemeanors– including some of the crimes Cruz allegedly committed in the years and months leading up to the deadly Feb. 14 shooting at his Fort Lauderdale-area school.

The new policy resulted from an Obama administration effort begun in 2011 to keep students in school and improve racial outcomes (timeline here), and came against a backdrop of other efforts to rein in perceived excesses in "zero tolerance" discipline policies, including in Florida.

Broward school Superintendent Robert W. Runcie – a Chicagoan and Harvard graduate with close ties to President Obama and his Education Department – signed an agreement with the county sheriff and other local jurisdictions to trade cops for counseling. Students charged with various misdemeanors, including assault, would now be disciplined through participation in “healing circles,” obstacle courses and other “self-esteem building” exercises.

images

Superintendent Robert W. Runcie.

Asserting that minority students, in particular, were treated unfairly by traditional approaches to school discipline, Runcie’s goal was to slash arrests and ensure that students, no matter how delinquent, graduated without criminal records.

The achievement gap "becomes intensified in the school-to-prison pipeline, where black males are disproportionately represented,” he said at the time. “We’re not going to continue to arrest our kids,” he added. “Once you have an arrest record, it becomes difficult to get scholarships, get a job, or go into the military."

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel backed Runcie’s plan to diminish the authority of police in responding to campus crime. A November 2013 video shows him signing the district’s 16-page "collaborative agreement on school discipline,” which lists more than a dozen misdemeanors that can no longer be reported to police, along with five steps police must “exhaust” before even considering placing a student under arrest.

In just a few years, ethnically diverse Broward went from leading the state of Florida in student arrests to boasting one of its lowest school-related incarceration rates. Out-of-school suspensions and expulsions also plummeted.

Runcie had been working closely with Obama Education Secretary Arne Duncan on the reforms ever since landing the Broward job in 2011, using as a reference the name of the Cabinet secretary, his former boss in the Chicago school system.

Applications for federal grants reveal that Runcie’s plan factored into approval of tens of millions of dollars in federal funding from Duncan's department.

https://www.realclearinvestigations...cipline_policy_and_the_parkland_shooting.html
I could have sworn I read that about florida legislature about 2 weeks ago..... let me see if I can find what I had read...

brb

There are 20,000 gun laws on the books already. What do you consider "reasonable"?

I'll get back with you as soon as I get that fake Chinese diploma, and we can speak on equal terms.

You will never be able to speak on equal terms with me as you don't have the intellect, nor the education. But, that aside, what do you think is a reasonable gun law. We are all curious. You claim to be a CCW holder, but based on your prior proclamations I find that claim to be highly dubious, but your penchant for lying aside, tell us what you think a "reasonable" gun law would be.

Universal background checks, which almost 100% of Americans want would be a good place to start.
NRA supports that also.....as do I. I can pass any background check. So can most NRA members and many other CC permit holders that are not members of NRA. It the criminals and the loonies that won't pass muster. That is why background checks will do little good...criminals will just continue to be criminals, with or without a background check.

The huge majority of people who commit mass murders would easily pass a universal background check.

The huge majority of mass murderers used guns they acquired legally and generally weeks or months or years before they committed a crime with them.

I read recently that 98% of mass murders have happened in gun free zones so gun free zones don't seem to be a good solution.

There are many many laws on the books making assault with a deadly weapon illegal, making discharging a weapon in populated areas illegal, and of course making shooting people people illegal, and not one of those laws has deterred or apparently even given pause for thought to any of the mass murderers.

But it is politically incorrect to mention that 26 out of 27 of the most deadly mass murderers came from homes where the biological father was absent. . .

And there are many other factors that are encouraging violence in our modern culture that the anti-gun crowd resists considering even more adamantly than they want more gun control.

Until we can have a conversation about all of it, all more gun control will accomplish is to encourage an energetic black market dealing in guns and make it harder to know who has them.

Yes, and it's also illegal to kill someone with Anthrax. I guess that covers the anthrax murder problem, so we should legally be able to buy and sell that stuff any time we want. Right?

Wow. How high is NRA membership now?

The NRA favors reasonable gun regulation.

NRA members support at least 5.

The 5 gun safety regulations that even NRA members support

NRA members do support those things. The NRA opposes every one of them.
No they do not. NRA is okay with background checks. NRA is okay with banning of bump stocks.

Aside: The same action of a bump stock can be accomplished using one's pants pocket or belt loop.

Americans who own and carry guns make the country safer.....mass shooters choose democrat party gun free zones as their targets......so when Americans can legally carry guns, they keep mass shooters from attacking...this news of an increase in interest in Concealed carry of guns shows that Americans understand, the cops can't protect you.....

US interest in concealed carry permit training jumps by over 100 per cent after Parkland: ‘We’ve never seen a spike this big before’

The number of Americans interested in obtaining concealed carry permits to secretly bear arms in public has jumped dramatically since the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in February – with some states having seen as much as a 250 per cent increase in training requests for this type of permit.

In the 50 days since the Parkland, Florida shooting, companies and networks of firearm instructors that provide training for the permits in dozens of states have seen enquiries spike. One company said it had even received more requests for training than after the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

Dear 2aguy
Let's unite on a campaign for #CRIME-FREE ZONES
That's more unifying and specific than gun free zones.

We can all benefit from living in communities where every resident
AGREES not to engage in, enable or commit crimes, right?

This is much better, don't you think, than arguing for gun free zones.
Some people can object and want guns, and that's not necessarily bad.

But if someone objects to a CRIME FREE ZONE and WANTS CRIME,
then that is clearly asking to enable and allow criminal actions or behavior!

Encourage your local Teacher and Police unions to have meetings
with your local City Council rep and Party Precinct Chair or Electoral College Rep.

Have teachers and police write up an optional ordinance,
similar to Rules of the Classroom, where Civic or Neighborhood Associations/HOA
can adapt these and each group of residents sign agreements
to follow laws and comply with authorities, not commit any crimes or abuses,
and if they are convicted they agree to comply with full disclosure and pay
all costs of their infractions including police/legal/prison costs otherwise charged to taxpayers.
And if they don't agree, they move to districts with different policies.

So we can have CRIME FREE ZONES by free choice and informed
consent of the residents, property owners and taxpayers per District.

If people want Sanctuary Cities and Gun free Zones, then organize
with likeminded people and fund and run these by consent of community members.

Let's not impose on each other's beliefs.
Give everyone equal freedom of association to organize likeminded communities
under the same beliefs and principles, and bring sanity back to our schools and districts.

NRA supports that also.....as do I. I can pass any background check. So can most NRA members and many other CC permit holders that are not members of NRA. It the criminals and the loonies that won't pass muster. That is why background checks will do little good...criminals will just continue to be criminals, with or without a background check.
Especially when dangerous and idiotic things like the PROMISE Program exist, allowing criminals (like Nikolas Cruz) to not have their crimes reported, and thus show up in a gun store with a clean looking record (despite dozens of crimes committed)

No. The NRA opposes expanding background checks in any form.

Does the NRA Support or Oppose Universal Background Checks?

The story posted on NBCNews.com alleges that NRA will not oppose expanding the background check system to include all private firearm sales, “provided the legislation does not require private gun sellers to maintain records of the checks”. This statement is completely untrue. The NRA opposes criminalizing private firearms transfers between law-abiding individuals, and therefore opposes an expansion of the background check system. The NRA supports meaningful efforts to address the problems of violent crime and mass violence in America, through swift and certain prosecution of violent criminals; securing our schools; and fixing our broken mental health system.

Yes, and it's also illegal to kill someone with Anthrax. I guess that covers the anthrax murder problem, so we should legally be able to buy and sell that stuff any time we want. Right?

Dear @BULL DOG

How is Anthrax necessary for someone to defend their life liberty and property
from at attack against their security and due process?

If Anthrax had some medicinal benefit, maybe it would be like
arguing for Medical Marijuana that is necessary for some people's health and treatment of symptoms.

In general @BULL DOG
laws and interpretation are consistently enforceable the more people CONSENT and AGREE to them.

We all AGREE than Anthrax should be policed as a dangerous threat.
We do NOT all agree about guns that are used for defense.

You remind me of people arguing that since Alcohol and Tobacco are legal
then Marijuana should also, right? No, because people AGREE to keep
Alcohol and Tobacco legal but DON'T AGREE on Marijuana or other drugs!

Americans who own and carry guns make the country safer.....mass shooters choose democrat party gun free zones as their targets......so when Americans can legally carry guns, they keep mass shooters from attacking...this news of an increase in interest in Concealed carry of guns shows that Americans understand, the cops can't protect you.....

US interest in concealed carry permit training jumps by over 100 per cent after Parkland: ‘We’ve never seen a spike this big before’

The number of Americans interested in obtaining concealed carry permits to secretly bear arms in public has jumped dramatically since the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in February – with some states having seen as much as a 250 per cent increase in training requests for this type of permit.

In the 50 days since the Parkland, Florida shooting, companies and networks of firearm instructors that provide training for the permits in dozens of states have seen enquiries spike. One company said it had even received more requests for training than after the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

Dear 2aguy
Let's unite on a campaign for #CRIME-FREE ZONES
That's more unifying and specific than gun free zones.

We can all benefit from living in communities where every resident
AGREES not to engage in, enable or commit crimes, right?

This is much better, don't you think, than arguing for gun free zones.
Some people can object and want guns, and that's not necessarily bad.

But if someone objects to a CRIME FREE ZONE and WANTS CRIME,
then that is clearly asking to enable and allow criminal actions or behavior!

Encourage your local Teacher and Police unions to have meetings
with your local City Council rep and Party Precinct Chair or Electoral College Rep.

Have teachers and police write up an optional ordinance,
similar to Rules of the Classroom, where Civic or Neighborhood Associations/HOA
can adapt these and each group of residents sign agreements
to follow laws and comply with authorities, not commit any crimes or abuses,
and if they are convicted they agree to comply with full disclosure and pay
all costs of their infractions including police/legal/prison costs otherwise charged to taxpayers.
And if they don't agree, they move to districts with different policies.

So we can have CRIME FREE ZONES by free choice and informed
consent of the residents, property owners and taxpayers per District.

If people want Sanctuary Cities and Gun free Zones, then organize
with likeminded people and fund and run these by consent of community members.

Let's not impose on each other's beliefs.
Give everyone equal freedom of association to organize likeminded communities
under the same beliefs and principles, and bring sanity back to our schools and districts.
Dear Emily,

The world is meant to be a crime free zone. Declaring any certain area a crime free zone means absolutely NOTHING to criminals.

Sometimes I wonder....

No. The NRA opposes expanding background checks in any form.

Does the NRA Support or Oppose Universal Background Checks?

The story posted on NBCNews.com alleges that NRA will not oppose expanding the background check system to include all private firearm sales, “provided the legislation does not require private gun sellers to maintain records of the checks”. This statement is completely untrue. The NRA opposes criminalizing private firearms transfers between law-abiding individuals, and therefore opposes an expansion of the background check system. The NRA supports meaningful efforts to address the problems of violent crime and mass violence in America, through swift and certain prosecution of violent criminals; securing our schools; and fixing our broken mental health system.

Dear @BULL DOG
the way to get around this, is make it about deporting
illegal immigrants and criminals. If all people in a district
agree to a screening process for criminal illness, addictions
and abusive disorders that require professional treatment
and/or supervision/detention, then that would serve as
the "background check." But it would apply EQUALLY
across the board for ALL citizens and residents so nobody
is targeted by discriminatory profiling.

Forum List

Back