🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

David Hogg weeps...interest in Concealed carry goes up 100% after Parkland shooting

That's WHY most folks OPPOSE adding Psych info to it. The potential for mistakes, abuse and lack of a process to protest is humongeous. Not to mention, there's no medical test numbers for "crazy" or dangerous.

And for damn sure most liberals better pray to their higher power that this never happens...

Americans who own and carry guns make the country safer.....mass shooters choose democrat party gun free zones as their targets......so when Americans can legally carry guns, they keep mass shooters from attacking...this news of an increase in interest in Concealed carry of guns shows that Americans understand, the cops can't protect you.....

US interest in concealed carry permit training jumps by over 100 per cent after Parkland: ‘We’ve never seen a spike this big before’

The number of Americans interested in obtaining concealed carry permits to secretly bear arms in public has jumped dramatically since the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in February – with some states having seen as much as a 250 per cent increase in training requests for this type of permit.

In the 50 days since the Parkland, Florida shooting, companies and networks of firearm instructors that provide training for the permits in dozens of states have seen enquiries spike. One company said it had even received more requests for training than after the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

Dear 2aguy
Let's unite on a campaign for #CRIME-FREE ZONES
That's more unifying and specific than gun free zones.

We can all benefit from living in communities where every resident
AGREES not to engage in, enable or commit crimes, right?

This is much better, don't you think, than arguing for gun free zones.
Some people can object and want guns, and that's not necessarily bad.

But if someone objects to a CRIME FREE ZONE and WANTS CRIME,
then that is clearly asking to enable and allow criminal actions or behavior!

Encourage your local Teacher and Police unions to have meetings
with your local City Council rep and Party Precinct Chair or Electoral College Rep.

Have teachers and police write up an optional ordinance,
similar to Rules of the Classroom, where Civic or Neighborhood Associations/HOA
can adapt these and each group of residents sign agreements
to follow laws and comply with authorities, not commit any crimes or abuses,
and if they are convicted they agree to comply with full disclosure and pay
all costs of their infractions including police/legal/prison costs otherwise charged to taxpayers.
And if they don't agree, they move to districts with different policies.

So we can have CRIME FREE ZONES by free choice and informed
consent of the residents, property owners and taxpayers per District.

If people want Sanctuary Cities and Gun free Zones, then organize
with likeminded people and fund and run these by consent of community members.

Let's not impose on each other's beliefs.
Give everyone equal freedom of association to organize likeminded communities
under the same beliefs and principles, and bring sanity back to our schools and districts.
Dear Emily,

The world is meant to be a crime free zone. Declaring any certain area a crime free zone means absolutely NOTHING to criminals.

Sometimes I wonder....

Dear asaratis

For the incompetent criminally sick who can't respond to this proposed system,
the process of TEACHING laws would identify and screen out the disabled people
who need help to comply with laws and authority. So it would still work as a screening device,
even when people fail to follow.

Have you seen the difference in classrooms when the teacher ESTABLISHES agreement
among the participants to follow SET RULES they are taught, including the PROCESS
by which infractions will be managed?

In society, we wait until AFTER people commit crimes to "read them their rights."

I HAVE thought about this, and I'm not being flippant.

I am talking about taking the system that Virginia has for a citizenship test,
and expanding that for all states and districts to TEACH citizens the
laws, the policing procedures by going through training of these protocols WITH police,
learn the COSTS of infractions including policing, prosecution and incarceration and legal
costs, and REQUIRE citizens who want rights and privileges to
SIGN AGREEMENTS to pay costs for any and all infractions or
else agree to be DEPORTED.

Then everyone would have to live in communities where they trust each other to follow laws
and not to abuse power to falsely accuse each other.

Either you agree to follow laws or you don't live there.

I am serious.

If we let people get covered by taxpayers if they do wrong, there is no incentive to
teach, learn or change, to prevent or deter crime.

If you've ever seen meetings where people
1. did agree to the same rules and process
2. did not set up agreed rules before interacting
You can see the difference.

asaratis it is just common sense.
When you teach Math, you teach the rules and process of getting right answers,
and how to check and fix mistakes BEFORE you test people and expect them to
be responsible for knowing their Math.

If you don't teach people math, before you throw them into situations that depend on it,
they are going to do it wrong and fail.

Why don't we teach people the laws
and what is the process if you have a grievance about an abuse?
What is the process if police are called to address a disruption or breach of the peace?
What do we do if someone is mentally or criminally ill or has a dangerous addiction?

Why do we wait until people violate laws to teach them WHAT THEY ARE
and WHAT is the legal process of correcting problems so we don't make them worse???

There are 20,000 gun laws on the books already. What do you consider "reasonable"?

I'll get back with you as soon as I get that fake Chinese diploma, and we can speak on equal terms.

You will never be able to speak on equal terms with me as you don't have the intellect, nor the education. But, that aside, what do you think is a reasonable gun law. We are all curious. You claim to be a CCW holder, but based on your prior proclamations I find that claim to be highly dubious, but your penchant for lying aside, tell us what you think a "reasonable" gun law would be.

Universal background checks, which almost 100% of Americans want would be a good place to start.
NRA supports that also.....as do I. I can pass any background check. So can most NRA members and many other CC permit holders that are not members of NRA. It the criminals and the loonies that won't pass muster. That is why background checks will do little good...criminals will just continue to be criminals, with or without a background check.

No. The NRA opposes expanding background checks in any form.

Does the NRA Support or Oppose Universal Background Checks?

The story posted on NBCNews.com alleges that NRA will not oppose expanding the background check system to include all private firearm sales, “provided the legislation does not require private gun sellers to maintain records of the checks”. This statement is completely untrue. The NRA opposes criminalizing private firearms transfers between law-abiding individuals, and therefore opposes an expansion of the background check system. The NRA supports meaningful efforts to address the problems of violent crime and mass violence in America, through swift and certain prosecution of violent criminals; securing our schools; and fixing our broken mental health system.
NRA gets pragmatic, backs background check fix

Americans who own and carry guns make the country safer.....mass shooters choose democrat party gun free zones as their targets......so when Americans can legally carry guns, they keep mass shooters from attacking...this news of an increase in interest in Concealed carry of guns shows that Americans understand, the cops can't protect you.....

US interest in concealed carry permit training jumps by over 100 per cent after Parkland: ‘We’ve never seen a spike this big before’

The number of Americans interested in obtaining concealed carry permits to secretly bear arms in public has jumped dramatically since the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in February – with some states having seen as much as a 250 per cent increase in training requests for this type of permit.

In the 50 days since the Parkland, Florida shooting, companies and networks of firearm instructors that provide training for the permits in dozens of states have seen enquiries spike. One company said it had even received more requests for training than after the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

Dear 2aguy
Let's unite on a campaign for #CRIME-FREE ZONES
That's more unifying and specific than gun free zones.

We can all benefit from living in communities where every resident
AGREES not to engage in, enable or commit crimes, right?

This is much better, don't you think, than arguing for gun free zones.
Some people can object and want guns, and that's not necessarily bad.

But if someone objects to a CRIME FREE ZONE and WANTS CRIME,
then that is clearly asking to enable and allow criminal actions or behavior!

Encourage your local Teacher and Police unions to have meetings
with your local City Council rep and Party Precinct Chair or Electoral College Rep.

Have teachers and police write up an optional ordinance,
similar to Rules of the Classroom, where Civic or Neighborhood Associations/HOA
can adapt these and each group of residents sign agreements
to follow laws and comply with authorities, not commit any crimes or abuses,
and if they are convicted they agree to comply with full disclosure and pay
all costs of their infractions including police/legal/prison costs otherwise charged to taxpayers.
And if they don't agree, they move to districts with different policies.

So we can have CRIME FREE ZONES by free choice and informed
consent of the residents, property owners and taxpayers per District.

If people want Sanctuary Cities and Gun free Zones, then organize
with likeminded people and fund and run these by consent of community members.

Let's not impose on each other's beliefs.
Give everyone equal freedom of association to organize likeminded communities
under the same beliefs and principles, and bring sanity back to our schools and districts.
Dear Emily,

The world is meant to be a crime free zone. Declaring any certain area a crime free zone means absolutely NOTHING to criminals.

Sometimes I wonder....

Dear asaratis
Have you seen the difference in classrooms when the teacher ESTABLISHES agreement
among the participants to follow SET RULES they are taught, including the PROCESS
by which infractions will be managed?

In society, we wait until AFTER people commit crimes to "read them their rights."

I HAVE thought about this, and I'm not being flippant.

I am talking about taking the system that Virginia has for a citizenship test,
and expanding that for all states and districts to TEACH citizens the
laws, the policing procedures by going through training of these protocols WITH police,
learn the COSTS of infractions including policing, prosecution and incarceration and legal
costs, and REQUIRE citizens who want rights and privileges to
SIGN AGREEMENTS to pay costs for any and all infractions or
else agree to be DEPORTED.

Then everyone would have to live in communities where they trust each other to follow laws
and not to abuse power to falsely accuse each other.

Either you agree to follow laws or you don't live there.

I am serious.

If we let people get covered by taxpayers if they do wrong, there is no incentive to
teach, learn or change, to prevent or deter crime.

If you've ever seen meetings where people
1. did agree to the same rules and process
2. did not set up agreed rules before interacting
You can see the difference.

@asartis it is just common sense.
When you teach Math, you teach the rules and process of getting right answers,
and how to check and fix mistakes BEFORE you test people and expect them to
be responsible for knowing their Math.

If you don't teach people math, they are going to do it wrong and fail.

Why don't we teach people the laws
and what is the process if you have a grievance about an abuse?
What is the process if police are called to address a disruption or breach of the peace?

Why do we wait until people violate laws to teach them WHAT THEY ARE
and WHAT is the legal process of correcting problems so we don't make them worse???
You cannot teach a criminal to be honest. Teaching in a classroom is effective only on those that want to learn. In real life, criminals have no interest in laws. Their main interest is to avoid getting caught for breaking them.

Your analogies fail here.

Yes, my mistake, but Runcie, the originator, had strong ties to the obama admin.

Not your mistake. You were right. She was wrong.
Yep! I got the Positive Program mixed up with the Promise Program... though they both have a similar goal

Positive Youth Development | Florida Department of Health

the promise program comes from the board of education of Broward, with the local police, and with the Florida State Attorney's office....

only misdemeanors or less such as a playground brawl, are suppose to be directed towards positive means of discipline, and only 4 allowed a year... felonies are not covered by the program, though cops can use their discretion.... 90% in the program do not repeat their offenses.... no one in any of the articles could confirm Cruz was even a part of it...in all the legit articles it was all raised as an ''IF'' he was part of the program...not any could confirm that he was.... it would be nice to know, one way or the other....

LOL....just 3 weeks after bursting on the scene and getting progressives all giddy, Hogg is already irrelavent.:113:

Wow. How high is NRA membership now?
Does interest in CC require NRA membership?

I have a CC, but I am disgusted with the NRA, and want reasonable gun regulation. Lots of people just like me, so I guess the answer is no. Now, answer the question.
The NRA favors reasonable gun regulation.

NRA members support at least 5.

The 5 gun safety regulations that even NRA members support
They used to...until the Revolt in Cincinnati.

I have a CC, but I am disgusted with the NRA, and want reasonable gun regulation. Lots of people just like me, so I guess the answer is no. Now, answer the question.
The gun regulations would've stop the shooter from getting the gun. Then Obama decided to put policy in that let him get the gun.

So no answer yet. How many members in the NRA?

Yes, my mistake, but Runcie, the originator, had strong ties to the obama admin.

Yep! I got the Positive Program mixed up with the Promise Program... though they both have a similar goal

the promise program comes from the board of education of Broward, with the local police, and with the Florida State Attorney's office....

only misdemeanors or less such as a playground brawl, are suppose to be directed towards positive means of discipline, and only 4 allowed a year... felonies are not covered by the program, though cops can use their discretion.... 90% in the program do not repeat their offenses.... no one in any of the articles could confirm Cruz was even a part of it...in all the legit articles it was all raised as an ''IF'' he was part of the program...not any could confirm that he was.... it would be nice to know, one way or the other....

Yes...you support the program that got 17 students murdered.....and then have the giant balls to blame the NRA....the Promise Program was abused by the left wing school administration and the left wing Sheriff......they used it to keep from arresting violent students, in order to keep from arresting minority students....and that allowed the killer to have a clean arrest record when he went to buy those guns....making your background check useless...

That is blood on your hands dumb ass...

That's WHY most folks OPPOSE adding Psych info to it. The potential for mistakes, abuse and lack of a process to protest is humongeous. Not to mention, there's no medical test numbers for "crazy" or dangerous.

And for damn sure most liberals better pray to their higher power that this never happens...
I've been interesting in getting my CC permit for quite a while....with these NRA blood cultists around, one can never be too sure.

I've been interesting in getting my CC permit for quite a while....with these NRA blood cultists around, one can never be too sure.

It isn't NRA members shooting people...it is violent criminals that people like you and other democrats are letting out of prison over and over again......the democrat party has the blood on it's hands as they release gun criminals who go out and murder people.....

The gun regulations would've stop the shooter from getting the gun. Then Obama decided to put policy in that let him get the gun.

Why should I care? You didn't say anything about Obama's policy that allowed the shooter to legally buy the gun.

Why should I care? You didn't say anything about Obama's policy that allowed the shooter to legally buy the gun.

Got it. Not nearly as many as you want people to think.

Yes...you support the program that got 17 students murdered.....and then have the giant balls to blame the NRA....the Promise Program was abused by the left wing school administration and the left wing Sheriff......they used it to keep from arresting violent students, in order to keep from arresting minority students....and that allowed the killer to have a clean arrest record when he went to buy those guns....making your background check useless...

The program allows 4 forgivenesses, how did Cruise have over 35? And only given a do over for misdemeanors or less, not felonies.

Negligence, not the program.

Please, spare me your bull crud!

Thank you in advance!

The program allows 4 forgivenesses, how did Cruise have over 35? And only given a do over for misdemeanors or less, not felonies.

Negligence, not the program.

Please, spare me your bull crud!

Thank you in advance!

Don't worry about that 2guy. He's still having trouble adapting to his being downgraded from idiot to joke.

Forum List

Back