Days too late Israel to hand out 10,000 military rifles to civilians

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Gun control laws in Israel completely failed the people of Israel....now, the government of Israel is going to hand out 10,000 actual military rifles to civilians.....days too late.....

You are right, it is kind of pointless... because frankly, armed people didn't stop a well-planned, well-coordinated attack.
They weren’t armed. All those families in their own homes taken or killed, they had no guns. Israel has what, a 2% firearm ownership rate. Because like all leftist, they believe the government will always save them, without question.

IMG_4978.jpeg

They weren’t armed. All those families in their own homes taken or killed, they had no guns. Israel has what, a 2% firearm ownership rate. Because like all leftist, they believe the government will always save them, without question.

View attachment 841033

Yep.....they may have learned a lesson at a hige cost....Never Forget?.....they forgot.

View attachment 841033
ALL Israeli citizens have completed compulsory military service.
Most do not keep firearms in their home because they aren't needed. There are plenty of military and police everywhere who are armed with fully automatic weapons. So there is very very little violent crime in Israel.

There are many visitors to Israel that live there without citizenship. They have businesses and jobs that require them to live there. Poland's citizens though are being airlifted out currently. So are many others.

A good number of people who work in Israel live in Palestinians territory because it's so much cheaper to do so. Housing inside of Israel proper is very expensive. (Same or more than big city USA)

So...while everyone is talking about the delay of ground troops utterly destroying Palestinian territory....it's so the civilians can get out and flee. They can go home to their native nations and elsewhere. Hamas? They are staying to fight...and die.

ALL Israeli citizens have completed compulsory military service.
Many, but not all by any stretch. Women often opt for national service (and I think some men do as well) and there is an ultra-religious section which is excluded from the draft. Additionally, though some volunteer, Israeli-Arabs and Israeli-Christians are not required to serve.
Most do not keep firearms in their home because they aren't needed. There are plenty of military and police everywhere who are armed with fully automatic weapons. So there is very very little violent crime in Israel.
Personal ownership of guns after military service requires licenship which is more difficult than getting a drivers' license. There is not a lot of personal ownership because it isn't easy.

Americans should learn from this sneak attack on Israel....the same could happen here due to our open borders policiy....chinese military age men have been seen crossing our southern border...estimate number....25 thousand along with known terrorisrts from the middle east....also kmown....sleeper Iran cells already set up in America....some are moitored by the FBI...but many are not.

Bottome line we are a sitting duck if and when the terroists decide to strike us again

It may be much worse this time........anyone who cares about their families need to get armed if not already armed....make a plan with freinds, neighbors and relatives on how to defend your homes and families....we must be prepared for whatever comes down the pike.

Last edited:
Many, but not all by any stretch. Women often opt for national service (and I think some men do as well) and there is an ultra-religious section which is excluded from the draft. Additionally, though some volunteer, Israeli-Arabs and Israeli-Christians are not required to serve.

Personal ownership of guns after military service requires licenship which is more difficult than getting a drivers' license. There is not a lot of personal ownership because it isn't easy.
Then there are those Hasidic Jews....
They are very unpopular in Israel....everyone says the same thing about them: They want privileges but without the corresponding responsibilities.

Then there are those Hasidic Jews....
They are very unpopular in Israel....everyone says the same thing about them: They want privileges but without the corresponding responsibilities.
There are actually many different groups of religious Jews. The idea of not requiring military service from them is ancient and religiously required. The problem is that it has been exploited. Some, though DO serve. Other sections of the religious community are even more radical and don't support even the idea of a secular state (a small but loud group) but want the advantages of living there. That becomes more problematic.

There are actually many different groups of religious Jews. The idea of not requiring military service from them is ancient and religiously required. The problem is that it has been exploited. Some, though DO serve. Other sections of the religious community are even more radical and don't support even the idea of a secular state (a small but loud group) but want the advantages of living there. That becomes more problematic.
Probably so...
I didn't slap the broad brush label on them....the citizens did that. I am just repeating what I've personally witnessed in Israel and what I've been told by my Jewish friends.
I think that is why so many want to get college degrees before moving there...so they don't have to fight because they are small or have families that need them.

The young IDF kids on the bus were awesome in a lot of ways....I worry about them now and it's been years since I've been.

Thanks for proving the point that if the civilian population was armed, the outcome would had been much different.

Too few armed citizens, with too few bullets.
Normally Israel has only one or two terrorists at a time perpetrating terrorism. The hundreds in an actual planned and coordinated assault was not on their radar screen.
That was their error....and it's kinda unusual because they used to plan for such scenarios. But that also was a long time ago in which they faced such large scale threats. There hasn't been one in a very long time.

And I am wondering if Hezbollah (in Lebanon) is going to take this opportunity for attacking as well even though there have been promises of complete destruction if they try. There are reports of Hezbollah attacking from the north but in truth its just another arm of Hamas radicals doing the shelling.

Firearms don't do much in the face of mortars and rockets. But I do understand the scenario I posted as well.

3.5 dead terrorists for every one kill they make....that says it all right there.

Firearms don't do much in the face of mortars and rockets. But I do understand the scenario I posted as well
What a ridiculous statement to make. No one ever claimed firearms would protect from “mortars and rockets”.

They are to protect yourself, your family, and your community from thugs and terrorists. It’s baffling to me that Israel would be this dumb. They are a tiny country totally surrounded by enemies that act like animals who all want to kill them.

Forum List

Back