DC's Minimum Wage Really Does Cost Jobs At Walmart

Oh, well then it's ok to treat them like worthless slaves. Pretty much sums up the average loyal cheapskate Walmart Shopper mentality. Folks who think that way are usually greedy white Republican douches. Another good reason to avoid Walmart. Too many of its loyal customers are just plain assholes.

My own brother did little or nothing to improve his skill set until he was well into his 30s, working minimum to slightly higher than minimum wage jobs. He learned his lesson and now works in a field where they cannot keep enough workers to meet the demand, so he no longer has to worry about getting or finding work.

Inner city workers without any chance at any type of employment will never get that chance to improve themselves.

Still not a valid justification for treating workers like worthless slaves. We can do better. We can treat our fellow Americans better. And we can start by encouraging other companies to not adopt Walmart's unethical and immoral practices.

What's unethical and immoral about paying someone with $8/hr skills $8/hr?

A lot.

Since you can't say specifically, "a lot" means nothing. The person is getting paid what their skills are worth and you have a problem with equality. Nothing wrong with that.

Uh huh, ''Whatever the Market decides to pay", and all that. Blah Blah Blah. Heard it all before. Our Minimum Wage is an absolute embarrassment. It's shocking to the rest of the civilized developed world. How can a nation so wealthy treat its People so poorly? The answer is, because companies like Walmart exist.

My own brother did little or nothing to improve his skill set until he was well into his 30s, working minimum to slightly higher than minimum wage jobs. He learned his lesson and now works in a field where they cannot keep enough workers to meet the demand, so he no longer has to worry about getting or finding work.

Inner city workers without any chance at any type of employment will never get that chance to improve themselves.

Still not a valid justification for treating workers like worthless slaves. We can do better. We can treat our fellow Americans better. And we can start by encouraging other companies to not adopt Walmart's unethical and immoral practices.

A lot.

Since you can't say specifically, "a lot" means nothing. The person is getting paid what their skills are worth and you have a problem with equality. Nothing wrong with that.

Uh huh, ''Whatever the Market decides to pay", and all that. Blah Blah Blah. Heard it all before. Our Minimum Wage is an absolute embarrassment. It's shocking to the rest of the civilized developed world. How can a nation so wealthy treat its People so poorly? The answer is, because companies like Walmart exist.

That the government mandates an employer do with his money what the government thinks is right is an embarrassment. That it's greater than $0 is an embarrassment. That people with shitty skills think they should be paid as if they had some higher ones is an embarrassment.

If someone with $8/hr skills gets $8/hr, that's not treating them poorly. Last time I looked, $8 = $8. Funny how so many who argue for equality don't follow it when it comes to something they don't agree with.

A lot.

That the government mandates an employer do with his money what the government thinks is right is an embarrassment. That it's greater than $0 is an embarrassment. That people with shitty skills think they should be paid as if they had some higher ones is an embarrassment.

If someone with $8/hr skills gets $8/hr, that's not treating them poorly. Last time I looked, $8 = $8. Funny how so many who argue for equality don't follow it when it comes to something they don't agree with.

They're arguing for humanity. Something Walmart and criminal scum like Alice Walton don't have. You really should reconsider being a loyal Walmart shopper.

A lot.

They're arguing for humanity. Something Walmart and criminal scum like Alice Walton don't have. You really should reconsider being a loyal Walmart shopper.

They're DEMANDING a handout. If someone is being paid what their skills are worth, it isn't inhumane.

If they were being paid $4/hr for $8/hr skills, you would have an argument. They're not. You simply don't like equality.

Walmart has decided not to build some of the stores that it had said it would inWashington DC.

Snip

The reason Walmart isn’t going to open those new stores:

Evans said that, behind closed doors, Walmart officials were more frank about the reasons the company was downsizing. He said the company cited the District’s rising minimum wage, now at $11.50 an hour and possibly going to $15 an hour if a proposed ballot measure is successful in November. He also said a proposal for legislation requiring D.C. employers to pay into a fund for family and medical leave for employees, and another effort to require a minimum amount of hours for hourly workers were compounding costs and concerns for the retailer.

Higher minimum wages mean fewer jobs as companies that would have expanded do not. And note again that not only do the workers not gain those higher wages the consumers also lose out on their benefits.

The correct minimum wage is, as it always has been, $0 per hour, as once even the New York Times knew.

Snip

The positive effect on consumers is some 50 times the possibly negative effect on the workers’ wages. That’s an effect of such size that no reworking of the numbers is going to reverse the conclusion. Yes, low price goods aid consumers more than low wages hurt workers. This is not a belief, this is a fact.

DC's Minimum Wage Really Does Cost Jobs At Walmart
Technology is killing Walmart. Specifically in the form of amazon.com. It's going to kill many small businesses too. Just like Walmart does. Funny irony is that Walmart will be a victim of what it's currently doing to others.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Amazon is the 2nd largest online retailer and Walmart is number 5, I doubt technology will bring down the monster.

They're DEMANDING a handout. If someone is being paid what their skills are worth, it isn't inhumane.

If they were being paid $4/hr for $8/hr skills, you would have an argument. They're not. You simply don't like equality.

$8/hr is a pathetic disgrace in today's America. If you don't see that, there's no possibility of reasoning with you. We as a nation can do better. We can treat our Workers better.

"a highly underpaid public school teacher"
I suggest you do what MOST suggest Walmart employess do...change jobs.
C'mon, the slum people can do it so certainly you can.
Get the sarcasm?

I have tens of thousands of dollars and years of education invested in my profession. People who work at Walmart have no such investment.

Oh, well then it's ok to treat them like worthless slaves. Pretty much sums up the average loyal cheapskate Walmart Shopper mentality. Folks who think that way are usually greedy white Republican douches. Another good reason to avoid Walmart. Too many of its loyal customers are just plain assholes.

Paul is mad because he's been stuck working the fry station for a while now.

A lot.

I'm sure you would feel differently if you'd been born crippled. Nobody asks to be born, nobody has anything to say about where they will be born or who their parents will be. Nobody has any input on their IQ. Arrogance is the sorriest goddam premise in mankind and because of the Alpha Male syndrome it's never been addressed. If power is money and most of it is inherited in one way or another from the previous generation the less than fully intelligent can forget ever getting a break........at least in the eyes of those who usually end up controlling things:

evolution.gif

Last edited:
I have tens of thousands of dollars and years of education invested in my profession. People who work at Walmart have no such investment.

Yeah you said that already. Got anything else? Another good reason to not shop at Walmart. Most of its customers really are dumb dipshits.

A lot.

I'm sure you would feel differently if you'd been born crippled. Nobody asks to be born, nobody has anything to say about where they will be born or who their parents will be. Nobody has any input on their IQ. Arrogance is the sorriest goddam premise in mankind and because of the Alpha Male syndrome it's never been addressed. If power is money and most of it is inherited in one way or another from the previous generation the less than fully intelligent can forget ever getting a break........at least in the eyes of those who usually end up controlling things:

One Walmart shopper mongoloid on this thread already summed them up perfectly. He openly stated he doesn't care about the man Alice Walton killed. They even went as far as to blame him. That, despite her her ugly bloody history hehind the wheel.

They're greedy mutants. As long as they get that shitty Chinese slave-made blender or microwave, they're happy. They have no clue they're only supporting their own demise when they give more money to criminal cretins like Alice Walton.

But check out this interesting take...

Why The Age Of Walmart Is Over

Yeah you said that already. Got anything else? Another good reason to not shop at Walmart. Most of its customers really are dumb dipshits.

You're right, I should only shop at McDonalds, because their fry cook is a genius.

You're right, I should only shop at McDonalds, because their fry cook is a genius.

You represent another good reason to not shop at Walmart. Most of its customers do seem to be greedy gross little dumbasses. You guys help create a very unpleasant shopping experience. You do seem like one of those classic Walmart mongoloid shoppers.

You probably walk around the store farting, yelling obnoxious gibberish, ripping packages apart, throwing em on the ground, and so on. Basically, being disgusting and annoying. I definitely don't miss you mongoloids. It's been great shopping elsewhere. I actually have a somewhat peaceful enjoyable shopping experience now. I'll never go back.

You represent another good reason to not shop at Walmart. Most of its customers do seem to be greedy little dumbasses. You guys help create a very unpleasant shopping experience. You do seem like one of those classic Walmart mongoloid shoppers.

You probably walk around the store farting, yelling obnoxious gibberish, ripping packages apart, throwing em on the ground, and so on. Basically, being disgusting and annoying. I definitely don't miss you mongoloids. It's been great shopping elsewhere. I actually have a somewhat peaceful enjoyable shopping experience now. I'll never go back.

I only occasionally shop at WalMart. I prefer Costco, fewer minimum wage idiots like you.

One Walmart shopper mongoloid on this thread already summed them up perfectly. He openly stated he doesn't care about the man Alice Walton killed. They even went as far as to blame him. That, despite her her ugly bloody history hehind the wheel.

They're greedy mutants. As long as they get that shitty Chinese slave-made blender or microwave, they're happy. They have no clue they're only supporting their own demise when they give more money to criminal cretins like Alice Walton.

I live in east TN. We have some of the least educated, most ignorant, obviously arrogant people in the country right around here within 100 miles of Knoxville. I'm old and I spend more time in the waiting rooms of doctors than ever before and sometimes the level of conversation from the ignorant drives me to get up and walk out before my appointment time. What I see is the reason the solid south votes Republican. They vote against their own interests. Most of them draw monthly checks from the government and still vote Republican. Now that takes an ignorant bastard:

imrs.php

You represent another good reason to not shop at Walmart. Most of its customers do seem to be greedy little dumbasses. You guys help create a very unpleasant shopping experience. You do seem like one of those classic Walmart mongoloid shoppers.

I only occasionally shop at WalMart. I prefer Costco, fewer minimum wage idiots like you.

Costco does actually provide a somewhat enjoyable shopping experience. Gotta give it some props. It seems to have the right idea. It's much better than shopping with you stinky Walmart farter mongoloids.

I live in east TN. We have some of the least educated, most ignorant, obviously arrogant people in the country right around here within 100 miles of Knoxville. I'm old and I spend more time in the waiting rooms of doctors than ever before and sometimes the level of conversation from the ignorant drives me to get up and walk out before my appointment time. What I see is the reason the solid south votes Republican. They vote against their own interests. Most of them draw monthly checks from the government and still vote Republican. Now that takes an ignorant bastard:

imrs.php

Oh man, i hear ya. White Trash absolutely adore Walmart. Especially the redneck ones who dress head to toe in camo. I used to live in the South. I know the type. They're poor white trash who can't possibly understand they're only supporting their own demise when they support Walmart. It is what it is.

And stop stinking up my Costco. Get your dumbass back to Walmart where you belong. ;)

Costco does actually provide a somewhat enjoyable shopping experience. Gotta give it some props. It seems to have the right idea. It's much better than shopping with you stinky Walmart farter mongoloids.

I know, not a lot of McD's fry cooks shopping with me at Costco.

I know, not a lot of McD's fry cooks shopping with me at Costco.

Yeah, you're a Walmart farter. It's obvious. Do me a favor, stay at Walmart. Don't pollute other decent stores.

Forum List

Back